We booked this riad based on the comments here and we were not disappointed. We stayed for 4 nights and booked through http://www.accommodation-marrakech.com which gives either free nights or upgrades and we got both. We only paid for 3 nights and got upgraded to a suite. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and we were met with a drink upon arrival. The room was gorgeous. We had booked the double room on the first floor but were given the venus suite instead. I'm not sure I would call it a suite but it was larger than the rooms with a seating area.
The breakfast was served anywhere you want, at any time that you want. We usually had it down in the courtyard. The pancakes and sponge cake were not what we are used to having for breakfast but it was delicious and all served beautifully in silver tea pots and silver milk jugs.
The hot tub on the roof was a bit too hot on the first day but one of the ladies changed the water and cleaned it out and it was lovely and cool to sit in after sunbathing.
The drinks in the riad were reasonable too - a bottle of wine was about €12 (£10) and beer €3 (£2.50). The riad was very clean and the rooms so cool after the heat of the day.
The riad is only 15 minutes walk to the main square Jamma el Fna. It was very safe at night and we were never worried about walking down the narrow alleyways. Just be aware that if you get lost a friendly native will only be too happy to show you the way - for a price! It cost 100 Drm (£8) to get to the new part of the city in a taxi where we had a fabulous meal at Rennaissance Hotel - 2 courses and a bottle of wine was about 700Drm but well worth it. We would also recommend Aqua in the main square for pizzas and salads and their smoothies are great and very reasonably priced. Pizzas were 50Drm.
Overall the whole trip was fantastic and we would certainly go back again. Do not book a hotel. Book a riad instead and we would definitely recommend this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Riad El Mansour Luxury Marrakech Riad providing Hotel Accommodation in the Heart of the Medina Riad el noujoum, a boutique riad embodying Moroccan hospitality, architecture and artistry, is designed for those seeking a more intimate and personalised luxury hotel break in Marrakech, offering authenticity and originality. Refurbished to the highest specifications of comfort and style, using a palate of traditional Moroccan colours, an original mix of Moroccan and European art and furniture, making us a perfect choice for your holiday in Morocco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Riad el Noujoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Noujoum Marrakech
- Riad El Noujoum Hotel Marrakech