Riad Dar One
$250
$237
$1,058
$1,020
All reviewsjean peresbahia palacepetit princehis teamroof terracemirage rooman oasissmallest roomthe main squarejewish quartercooking coursebreakfast is servedthe hustle and bustlecooking classmint teavibrant cityairport pickup
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My friends and I have just returned from a 4 day trip in Marrakech, for my hen do. We stayed in Riad Dar One, and had the time of our lives!!

We were so well looked after that we barely had to think for ourselves. The riad is absolutely gorgeous, such a well restored place. As there were 11 of us, Jean organised transport from the airport and when we arrived in the Medina, we were met by one of his staff, who escorted us, the very short walk, to the riad. And this set the tone for the whole holiday. Jean and his staff are only too happy to organise any bookings etc that you want. And poor Ismael had the horrendous task of accompanying all 11 of us on a shopping trip of the souks!!! Which he did brilliantly. The food at the riad is AMAZING, so please, if you are intending to stay, do make the time to have a meal cooked for you there. It really was the best food we had in Marrakech during our stay, and believe me it was fantastic value for money. We paid much more nearly everywhere we went and the food was nowhere near as good!! The location of the riad is the best. As it's right next to the Bahia Palace, if you get lost, you can always ask directions back to the palace to get home again. Right in the thick of things.

Please also, do not be put off by people saying you can not buy alcohol and that you have to cover up, and that its not safe for women on their own. This really could not be further from the truth. As I've already said, there were 11 of us, and we walked around the medina day and night, without getting a second glance. People were happy to help when we were lost, we wore shorts/vest tops/t shirts during the day and you can certainly buy alcohol (Kosy bar)!!!

I really cant recommend Jean Perez and his staff enough (he also has another riad, Dar White) which was also well located in the medina, although we didn't stay there, we did walk past it.

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING. Please if youre going, don't use one of the big hotels in the new town. The only way to experience Marrakech is to stay in the medina. Also ask them to organize your trip to the Atlas Mountains (WEAR TRAINERS) it was fantastic!!

I really could drivel on for ages, but go and experience for yourself, you will absolutely not be disappointed! If they can keep 11 ladies happy, they must be doing something right!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Room Tip: The best room is Scirroco as it's on the top, but all the rooms are beautiful and such comfortable beds, clean, smell gorgeous and it's so relaxing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sonjacs
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My partner and I stayed at riad dar one for 1 week in August and would highly recommend staying here! We stayed in the sirocco suite which was beautiful and the private balcony was a lovely touch. The food was amazing and the staff would do anything to help. Jean provides you with a map at the beginning of the stay which had some great restaurant recommendations and sight seeing ideas! We chose to do to the cooking course which was amazing! We started the day in the medinas learning about spices and ingredients, then went to jeans ranch for a cooking course and then a relax by the pool! One thing we would recommend would be getting your dirhams from cash points in Marrakech. We got ours from the airport and the exchange rate wasn't great. Perfect stay can't wait to come back

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This Riad is the place to stay in Marrakech, in the heart of the old Medina it is a calm oasis to come back to after a hard days trekking through the streets of Marrakech. Service is excellent, there is a very nice plunge pool inside which you are allowed to swim in, the rooftop area is very cool also, Jean adds a personal touch to the entire experience. We took the cooking class and went out to Jeans personal ranch where we cooked a tradition lamb tagine, all the staff wee friendly. The Riad decor is of high quality and cannot fault anything. Marrakech is a very different experience especially those not used to its culture however this review is for the Riad and not the city of Marrkech. 5 stars all around. Highly reccommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Marrakech is a city full of energy and life, and Riad Dar One was a great place to return to and relax after long days exploring the city. Located within the walls of the Medina, and in the Jewish Quarter (Mellah), the Riad would be difficult to find on your first visit and without someone pointing you in the right direction. Luckily the Riad owner (Jean) and all of the staff go above and beyond to make sure your stay is comfortable and that ALL your needs are met (including arranging airport pickup or a valet to meet you near the Bahia Palace to show you the way to the Riad). I was staying with two other guests, and we had two rooms. I was in the Petit Prince room, which is the smallest room, but perfect for a solo traveler or even a couple. The bed was super comfortable, the linens very clean, and the shower was huge. My two companions were in the Mirage room which had two Queen size beds and an oversized tub in the spacious bathroom. Our favorite part of the Riad was the rooftop terrace, where we enjoyed our morning breakfasts and relaxed in the afternoons/evenings. We even decided to do dinner at the Riad one night, which was served on the terrace and was excellent. I can't recommend Riad Dar One enough - beautiful accommodations, excellent service, and a true value for what you get.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Dar One is a lovely property that is maintained well in both the private and public areas. The food and drink are locally relevant and deliciously prepared. I enjoyed every moment at the Riad.

The service was exceptional and is the hallmark of Dar One. The staff look after you with care and high regard. Whether recommending a good place to shop or find a service, they are mindful of the individual and folio-up to insure satisfaction. They also go the 'extra mile' to make a new visitor to Marrakech feel their care, concern and appreciated.

When I return to Marrakech, Dar One would be my first choice for the simple reason that I know I will be embraced and welcomed as if I were returning home.

Room Tip: Each room is unique. Check the website photos to choose a specific room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo