Riad Les Trois Mages
$249
$224
$1,058
$1,020
All reviewsbahia suiterooftop poolmanager azizjade roomelectric blanketsmint teahis teamnight guardthe hustle and bustleatlas mountainsthe main squarean oasispancakesfour poster bedwonderful stayperfect place to relaxlittle touches
Reviewed July 13, 2014

It was my second stay at the Riad Les Trois Mages, and it was just as beautiful as I remembered. This time I was eager to share it with my girlfriends, so for a small extra cost three of us slept in the Melchoir room. My friends were absolutely delighted with the Riad: from the roof terrace to the music room, absolutely everything is as pictured - if not better! Breakfast is plentiful and fresh, and the lunch absolutely fantastic - some of the best food we had out there.

Where the riad comes into its own is the staff. Aziz was absolutely wonderful in welcoming us, providing a very detailed and clear map - if we could follow it, anyone can! Nothing was too much trouble, and the complementary mint tea is always a bonus. I unfortunately became ill on my last night - and the women on duty took the best care of me. Fresh honey and orange water was delivered to my door, slices of orange to suck on, iced flannels and a huge fan - everything someone with heat stroke could possibly desire/need was delivered to me without fuss/extra cost. I couldn't be more thankful.

We went on the guided tour, something which we found both fascinating and informative - and had dinner every night in the square. The highlight of the trip for me has to be our hammam experience at the Heritage Spa. It is also worth visiting the Henna Cafe (which is near the spa) as it not only does fantastic food and henna which is the authentic brown (not black and cheap like in the square) but is also a non profit organisation for those in need. As a group of three female 20 year olds, we were worried that we would be a target for trouble. And whilst we were a subject of great attention, never once did I fear for my safety.

I would 100% recommend this Riad to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank IsobelSylviaAnn
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Cant recommend this Riad enough.. We stayed 5 nights in total- 2 nights, and then another 3 at the end of our trip. staff are seriously friendly- and knowledgable, and kind. Breakfasts are great- have it on the rooftop terrace, and its just perfect- fresh fruit, juice, yoghurt, pancakes some days, fresh bread, eggs, quite flexible.. and served with a smile.
we did the atlas mountains trip through them- had a great day with Mohammed, he was also super- had a great day. would recommend that. we did some transfers with them too- to Essaoira and also the airport- again- professional, and good service.
Kitchen is always open- guests are welcome to get water anytime from the fridge, and let them know if you need anything else.
Position is good- about 10mins walk max to the beginning of the markets, and a little convenience store very close by.
rooms are beautiful- we stayed in 3 different rooms thanks to a kind upgrade:) all were special though and i think any room here would be lovely. All clean, and very well decorated.
enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Philippad
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We arrived by train from Casablanca and asked Aziz, the manager, to arrange transportation to the Riad. We would never have found it without the driver. We had prearranged a tour of the High Atlas Mountains on our first day. Mohammad was an excellent driver and was originally from the Berbers. He told us stories about life there and about life in Morocco. We went on a Tuesday and stopped at a local souk. They slaughter the goats, sheep and other animals that day. The produce was exceptional. The sights and smells of the souk were wonderful. People park their donkeys in the back. We also stopped for a tour of a local Berber home with a great shop nearby. The mint tea is truly delicious. Normally, I like basic tea but was surprised I liked this tea. We ate lunch by a river and it was delicious. I would recommend taking a half day tour of the medina. Our guide was very informative and helped us barter and took us all through the souks. He showed us landmarks to follow so we wouldn't get lost. The third day we took a tour to the Atlantic seaport town of Essaouira. We had our driver from the first day. It is a wonderful laid back town as compared to Marrakech. Mohammad stopped at a women's cooperative for Argan oil. They showed us how Argan oil is made. We couldn't resist stocking up! Also, we stopped to see the goats in the Argan tree. An amazing sight. Another stop was at a thuya wood store. The pieces are beautiful! Our rooms at the Riad were simply charming. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious. Each room has its own style and charm. It is wonderful not to have a tv but there is free Wifi access. Water, tea, coffee, and a very delicious breakfast is complimentary. There is an area on the rooftop for relaxing under umbrellas or dangling your legs in the pool. Aziz and staff really want the guests to have a good experience at their Riad. It is truly relaxing here. We ate dinner one night and the grilled fish was delicious. The location is excellent and there is a grocery store within easy walking.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank minnesotans4
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Having stopped at this riad for 3 days in June, I can highly recommend it.
The staff are very helpful, showing you the maps of marrakesh & will even show you how to get about.
The breakfast is very good, fresh fruit, pancakes, eggs, bread etc.
when returning from a day out they would always offer you a cold bottle of water which can be a god send.
One last thing is the pool is a godsend. I would return here without hesitation.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Johnsupport1969
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have just returned from a short stay at Les Trois Mages. We were there to see the sights of Marrakesh and celebrate a 30th birthday. The riad is a lovely oasis to retreat to when the heat gets too much!
All the rooms are beautifully decorated, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Aziz and his team went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.
A good breakfast set us up for a day of sightseeing and an evening meal on the roof terrace was very special.
The riad is well located for the souks and good restaurants are a short walk away.
A lovely place to stay.