“An oasis of calm!”

Riad Les Trois Mages
Ranked #12 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our first time in Marrakech, we loved everything about our 6 night anniversary trip. The Riad was a delight. A calm ,clean, relaxing haven just on the edge of the bustling souks. Perfectly located for all that we wanted to do. We could have just stayed there all day every day, however, as it was so pleasant to sit or lie on the terrace, taking occasional dips in the plunge pool to cool off,or to rest on the sofa's in the courtyard in the cool,reading and drinking tea. Our room was exactly as promised on the website, directly off the courtyard, which I had worried might feel a bit exposed,as other guests ate in the coutyard at breakfast, but far form being an issue, we enjoyed the proximity and I would happily choose the same room again, although we peeked into the 'best ' room, one day when it was empty, and would love to stay in there too-it looked stunning! All the staff were very helpful and the food cooked by Sadia was delicious and could be ordered in advance at a time to suit. We returned from a 4x4 trip to the Atlas mountians (arranged by Aidan) to a wonderful dinner on the terrace, served by Moushine ,who was always smiling,whatever the time of night! Aidan was always willing to help with suggestions, pointers or to arrange trips-and to acquire wine for our meal too! I would recommend to everyone!

Room Tip: If you cannot manage stairs too often, chose the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deb p

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been to Marrakech once before with a friend and decided to return with my daughter as a surprise for her 21st birthday! It was wonderful we stayed at beginning of April. We were both impressed with our room 'Jade' which had a beautiful four poster bed and lovely spacious bathroom. Our taxi Hassan met us as planned at the airport and Aidan welcomed us to the house. He took us for a walk in the medina to find our bearings, which was great as my daughter was able to guide us back each time we went out, otherwise you could get very lost in the souks as we did one day! He was also there on hand when we had an anxious moment and required some first aid. We went out one evening to the crepperie and Aidan arranged for Hassan to take us and pick us up again. Nothing was too much trouble!

Saida, Moushine, Najia and Laila were always there to provide coffee or tea when we returned from our walks. Our room was made up every day and clean towels provided. It was wonderful to relax on the rooftop by the pool and have breakfast served to us. To sum up we had a wonderful time and will definitely return to Les Trois Mages.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank maurt3863
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am so happy to have discoverded Riad Les Trois Mages, the place is immaculate, warm, welcoming and staff are caring and always available for you.
Aiden, the manager had great recommendations and suggestions of places, restaurants, things to do in Marrakesh.Location is ideal as a short walk from the busy square and soul, yet in a quieter area.Nice reataurants, cafes, little convinience stores around.
The general atmosphere of the Riad is peaceful and relaxing, the rooms are all decorated to a high standard.The food was delicious, all prepared with fresh ingredients and local spices, and the breakfast is different every morning. We were on the roof terace every morning to enjoy breakfast by the cooling pool...I haven't been as satified with a holiday accommodation for a little while so thank you all the team for a great stay- I will thorouly recommend to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julie f
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Loved this Riad.So relaxing. The 4x4 day trip into the mountains is a must which was sorted out by the riad.Everything is in walking distance and an adventure every time you walk out of the door.Be brave but also be aware of your surroundings.Coming back to the riad for mint tea or great coffee mid day is lovely.The call to prayer at 5am may wake you but by day two we didn't hear it anymore.

1  Thank margaretf648
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Riad Trois Mages

This was my third visit back to Trois Mages, and I can not recommend it highly enough. A wonderful calm oasis within walking distance to the main souk.

Always authentic,welcoming and warm, I look forward to arriving here. I have stayed in various Riad's in Marrakech all beautiful and unique in their own way, however Trois Mages always feels like a long awaited exhalation.

Everything is so easy.

1  Thank Rachael R
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our stay at Riad Les Trois Mages - (The Three Kings) - was fitting for Kings (and Queens!).

I had done many hours of research looking for just the right Riad to fulfil a dream of visiting Marrakech - and Les Trois Mages more than exceeded expectations.

The service guests receive during their stay is superb! Aidan, the Manager has absolutely the 'right' touch - always on hand to help and assist; interested in your stories and with effortless charm. Saida the Chef - whose smile and heart-warming greeting envelops you when you return from a 'bonkers' day haggling in the Souks - always ready with a pot of tea, (English or Mint), and beautiful little pastries; her cooking is out of this world! Moussin the Night Manager, who was always on hand, and nothing was ever too much trouble, even when we asked him to 'russle' up a little snack late one evening - not on the menu! And then the lovely ladies Lela and Nadj - who could never do enough, and were always so kind and gentle.

Lasting memories: The service and smiles and kindness of everyone in the Riad - saying good bye on our last day - was like saying good bye to old friends. Our private dinner on the first floor Bou; Saida's cooking class - a highlight of our trip and a MUST DO for anyone who wants to visit; breakfast and eating lunch on the Terrace under azure blue skies and the sounds of the call to prayer; the beautiful bedrooms, and sitting downstairs in the blue lounge, listening to Nina Simone on the in-house CD player, while Moussin went about the house putting on all the beautiful evening lights.

I have returned home with so many beautiful memories .... Go to Riad Les Trois Mages, and experience these for yourself - and then sit like I am today looking out on a very cold and snow-filled landscape - and let these memories warm your heart!

May the Stars shine on all those at Les Trois Mages and on all who visit in the future - and be there to act as my guide when I return again!

1  Thank MarkandBx
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place is fantastic and try to go as often as work allows. I always get a fantastic welcome from the staff, I am well fed and looked after and it is like going to my second home. The minute I arrive I relax. I love the homely décor and the fact that all the food is prepared to order each day and I don't get served English food - fabulous! Just love it and can't wait until my next visit in a few weeks.

Room Tip: All the rooms are individual so look at website photos first
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo