As regular travellers we dont compliment people and places as often as we should, however we feel compelled to write a review for this magnificent Riad. Now a riad as apposed to a hotel is a very different thing, in a hotel its just that a hotel, in a riad, or certainly our experience of this one, is an oasis, a home from home, its just like visiting with friends. In essence, its how all accomodation should be.
The initial booking process with the super helpful and prompt communication from Anna and Aiden was faultless and really helped us feel safe and secure about arriving in an unfamiliar city. We were as promised met at the arrivals hall by our driver complete with little sign with our names on it, he then showed us to the cash machine (you cant take Dirhams into the country), he then took us on a very interesting journey into the riad, which is situated deep in the Medina. We were taken down to the riad along well lit passageways and met at the door by Mohsine (never a nicer more gracious man have we met) and shown into the main area, offered refreshments and left to settle. I really dont want to write this as a blow by blow account of our trip, however every detail of our stay was so perfect that I almost feel I have to.
We were shown our fabulous room, complete with gold snake head tap and wrought iron bed. Dinner was then served by the ever present Saida and we knew we had made the right choice, the food was magnificent, as was everything we ate during our stay.
Nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff, Aiden the manager was superb, attentitive and unobtrusive, be it organising a guide for the souks or recommending a restaraunt. We hardly saw any of the other guest however when we did they were like minded travellers who were enjoying themselves as we were.
The location of the riad is a 10-15 min stroll from the main square, either down a main street or the more adventurous way via the souks, ideal to go out for the day or a bite to eat.
One night we really did feel like we were at home, we had, had a day of exploring had come back enjoyed some time on the beautiful and peaceful roof terrace, came down stairs, got a bottle of wine and lounged about whilst my fiance played the piano, perfect. Where else can you do that?
The trip was so special for us and the riad so perfect that we got engaged one night whilst sitting on the terrace with our feet in the pool.
Go and stay here, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This traditional Moroccan Riad has a large terrace with a heated pool next to a beautiful shaded tent. There are five en suite air conditioned bedrooms and one stunning suite with its sunken Moroccan bed. Downstairs we have a grand piano in the music room, a sunlit bache and a spacious cloistered sitting room dominated by a large open fireplace. Beautiful Moroccan drapes and furnishings complete the understated elegance of this tranquil haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Riad Les Trois Mages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Trois Mages Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Les Trois Mages Marrakech