“better the second time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #137 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
amsterdam
“better the second time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

I have just come back from the most magical trip to Marokko. I have been there before and i decided to take my new girlfriend for a romantic break

I had stayed in Riad Tizwa before and i was not let down. It seems that the place is more settled that i remember it, but still with the best breakfasts ever. The staff were the same people, which is always a good sign in my opinion.

My girlfriend loved the detail of the the special local soap in the riad and really enjoyed the massuer we got arranged. The staff seemed to be there, but not too much tomake you feel uncomfortable

Marrakesh was just great the 2nd time round and i plan to go back.

We used Transavia to Marrakesh but then came back via Fes on Ryan Air to Dusseldorf

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amsterdampub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

my boyfriend and i have just returned from the most wonderful trip in morocco and the 2 riad tizwas.

We first arrived at marrakesh and found this a beautiful riad to be the best and most relaxed way to see this hetic city. My boyfriend had been to marokko before and he wanted to bring me here as a special surprise. I was so lucky. This place is just full of colour, life and the most relaxed atmosphere ever.

The room was beautiful, the bed was very large and perfect and the service was just great. We wanted to make photos of this place all day. The weather was really warm, so we speant a lot of time on the terrace taking the sun. Great terrace.

We also were going to they´re riad in fes and they arranged the travel from door to door with the train. It was a long ride, but worth the visit.

good environmental policy at the hotel, which is good to see

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank italianlover21
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

This is an ammended review - I made the terrible mistake of giving the riad 1 instead of 5!! So sorry Tizwa - unforgiveable and only excusable by saying I wrote it late at night and I'm still so relaxed after my time with you.
All my earlier comments remain unchanged however (hopefully earlier post will be removed asap)
I stayed here at the end of October for 3 nights before moving on to the coast and I only wish I had spent all 5 nights at Tizwa. From the earliest email contacts to saying goodbye in Marrakech we were made to feel as though we were with friends. The room was wonderful, clean, full of character and spacious. The staff could not have done more to be helpful yet were always highly professional, discreet and friendly. The location is perfect - close enough to reach the centre within 10 minutes yet a world away once in through the door of the riad.
To have someone quietly leave a flask of coffee outside one's room at 7.30am sets the tone - can Hassan come to the UK and do the same here pleae?
Forget looking anywhere else - just stay here!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank feta
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

Tizwa has it all; it's charming and stylish and true to the spirit of Marrakesh.
In a great location - quiet but close to the centre of things. The place has a real inner peace, to go with its beautiful courtyard and roof terrace. Feels family run.
In the interests of transparency I should confess i know the owners who are old friends but I couldnt write this unless it was accurate.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank domji
Leicester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

I cannot praise this Riad enough. Everything was perfect! I just returned to the UK today and I want to go back already.
It is all the little touches that make this Riad so amazing. Everything down to the natural traditional face masks and soaps in the bathroom to the flasks of coffee left outside your door in the morning!.
It is located just outside the Souks and is the perfect place to relax. Hidden away from the busy road nearby the riad has a calm relaxing atmosphere and you cannot hear noise outside at all. The bedroom we stayed in was massive and had a beautiful tented bed and pretty window overlooking the courtyard. There are only about 5 rooms which makes everything feel a bit more personal and relaxing.Oh and the food!, the food was amazing. You must have at least one meal here as it was the best food we had our entire stay.
I would never choose to stay anywhere else in Marrakech after staying at this Riad. Me and my husband are already talking about going to visit the owners riad in Fez.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

My stay in Riad Tizwa Marrakesh was the highlight of my, and my companions, trip, so much so we returned three times in the same month never wanting to leave. It's design is simple yet stunning everything locally sourced and envirnomentally friendly. the roof terrace is a peaceful oasis of calm from the craziness of the city and the staff make you feel completly at home at all times, and if you manage to meet the owner's you will have a stay you will never forget. I cannot recommend this place enough and can't wait for my next trip to Morroco!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank zchaad8
brugge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

Marrakesh is crazy - the riad is relaxed

This was my first visit to Marokko and it was so colourful and exciting. This riad was was just perfect for me as it was peaceful and relaxing , when outside was crazy. The medina and sook are so wonderful to explore and to get lost in.

He house is clean and beautiful and has a wonderful charm. such silence is so peaceful.

mohamed is helpful and always smiling. taxis arranged for me and perfect breakfast. great location and i made many photos of marrakesh

good to visit