“Fantastic Riad, ticks all the boxes”

Riad Les Trois Palmiers El Bacha
Ranked #33 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is our second visit to Marrakech and after having such a lovely time at the riad last time, we booked again. We were not disappointed, picked up at the airport and we emailed Patrick the owner ahead to ask for dinner to be prepared in the riad. It was, tasty as usual. We had cocktails and beers (yes alcohol is available and very reasonably priced. We had been upgraded to a suite which was lovely, large bed, fresh, crisp white bedlinen, robes, products in the bathroom. Lots of hot water and a very powerful shower. Clean towels every day. Just what you expect from this type of riad. This riad is perfectly placed for all the local sites, everything is walkable. A short distance from the main square. I cannot find fault with this riad and would always choose to stay there whenever we visit, which we certainly will again. It is a wonderful little oasis amid the crazy but wonderful commotion of the medina...

Room Tip: Take a trip out to the Marjorelle gardens, they are beautiful and the lunch or snacks there are del...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hop2manual66

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just returned from Riad Les Trois Palmiers and had the most wonderful experience. The ambience was lovely and peaceful, and Patrick could not have been more helpful. One night I stayed in and ordered dinner, which was perfect and a good bargain. Rooms are beautiful, quiet and well priced. I highly recommend this riad, which provided a calm haven in the sometimes chaotic medina.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I really didn't know what to expect with a Riad, but I read the reviews of the Riad Les Trois Palmiers and decided to give it a try. What a great time. This Riad was exceptional and Patrick and his wife were truly helpful. They both went beyond my expectations of service. Even after we checked out, our train to Fes was cancelled, and I called Patrick for help. He quickly provided advice, and we were well on our way. The location of this Riad is great; only a few minutes walk to the heart of the medina. Stay at the Riad Les Trois Palmiers and enjoy a wonderful experience.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mary C
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The rooftop terrace was spectacular. The two intimate pools were a welcome relief from the Kech heat. We found our twin bed bedroom quite large and the bathroom enormous by Moroccan standards. The a/c was powerful, breakfast tasty and satisfying. The wifi worked best in the lobby and was not usable in the bedroom. The rooms people were friendly and helpful. The location was excellent: easy access within the medina, but felt quite safe and secure. The airport and rail transfers were convenient and offered without hesitation. We had dinner there one evening and the tajine was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GuyFromPasadena
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Riad Les Trois Palmeirs was a wonderful oasis of calm and hospitality amongst the hustle and bustle that is Marrakech. I stayed with my family there for 3 nights and I can say it is the best place I have stayed anywhere in the world. It would probably be impossible to find if you are on your first visit to Marrakech, so I would highly recommend taking advantage of their airport pick up and drop off service that the Riad offers. We were met by Ali, (the driver) and Mustapha, (the manager of the Riad). Both of them were gentleman and we can not praise them highly enough. We had planned our break to Marrakech some months in advance, all communication via email was answered promptly and clearly. The Riad offers excursions and activities that are well planned and cheaper then booking independently. We went on a day trip to the Ourika Valley and also camel riding, both of which were excellent experiences and were well planned. The guide for the Ourika valley excursion Mohammed was excellent and more or less carried our 5 year old all the way. In terms of the Riad, it was beautiful down to every detail. As other visitors have commented, the roof terrace provided a perfect area to have a meal or just relax after a day in the city. However, for us the staff were the highlight of our stay. Everyone was incredibly hospitable and considerate. As mentioned by previous visitors to the Riad. Nothing was to much for them and you genuinely felt like part of a big family. Mustapha is a wonderful man and went out of his way to assist us. Also, he never stopped smiling what ever the time of day/night. Khalid's advice on all areas made things so much easier, also his well practiced hand drawn maps to Jema El Fna where spot on. Ali, (the driver) was always feeding us with information about the city as we drove around. He is also a pretty good singer with a love for power ballads!! The ladies behind the scenes, were thoughtful and caring. We have a 5 year old and when we returned from a trip out of the Riad, a glass of milk or a towel to have a quick dip in the pool would just appear. Dalia's cooking was amazing, I would highly recommend having a meal at the Riad, lost count of how many courses, but everything tasted delicious and the service was second to none. For the quality of accommodation, food and service, Riad Les Trois Palmeirs was incredibly good value. We have traveled a fair bit, but this is the first time I have felt the need to comment on how exceptional I have found a place. Marrakech is a blast to the senses, coupled with 45C plus temperatures, being able to come back to such a calm and tranquil place, was prefect. In terms of Marrakech, lots of positives, but also some negatives, the battering isn't for everyone. Lots of helpful people and also some not so. But my review is off the Riad and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Room Tip: Extra beds can be bought in to most rooms, email Riad with any queries, they are very helpful,
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank COW6Y10
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Les Trois Palmiers. The staff and owner were incredibly friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We were met at the airport by the Riad's transport - efficient and quick and once in Marrakech he parked and took us down what seemed to be endless dark alleyways. We were soon at the Riad and as soon as the door opened we could see the dramatic contrast between the mysterious alleyways to the peace and tranquility of the Riad.The owner has completed an amazing project in getting this to such a high standard. The breakfast on the roof terrace was excellent and the service excellent too. The room was very nice but at the time when we stayed the drains created a smell and the hot water system could not quite cope with the demand. It is not really a place to take young children as noise travels. A fantastic central location and the owner was really helpful in recommending restaurants and in fact pointed u in the direction (and booked it for us) a fantastic restaurant - our best meal in Marrakech.
Would recommend you to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I'd been to Marrakesh years before as a student and had loved it, but this time I was coming back with my husband and two teenaged daughters. The reviews for the riad were fantastic so we mailed Patrick to see if he had space for 4 nights at the beginning of August. Commiunication was prompt and easy and brilliant double rooms were available.

Every single part of our stay at the riad was exceptional from our collection by Ali at the airport (we'd been delayed 2 hours at Luton and he'd had to wait for us when all others were breaking their fasts with their families) to Mustapha's kind care and smiling greetings at the door when we returned each evening. Our girls, 17 and 19, were quite simply in love!

There were other nice touches - one of the employees greeted us with impromptu plates of watermelon when she saw how hot we were after a day's sight seeing in 50 degrees' heat. We were also helped with organising train times to Fez and road travel by Patrick who gently advised us to have a rethink about our intended travel plans as the guide book appeared inaccurate in its estimation of how long it would take to drive through the Atlas Mountains to Taroudant. As a result we did not attempt to do the 7 hour train journey from Fez, pick up a car and drive the 6 hours (not 4) to Taroudant in one day - it would've been extremely dangerous to drive through the mountain range in the dark.

Added to this, on our journey to Fez I realised that I'd left my credit card in the now open safe in our room. I called Patrick who retrieved it and took care of it in the riad safe until our return 4 days later. It really put my mind at ease and as soon as we returned Mustapha presented me with it, again with a smile.

So ..do believe the reviews. They are genuine. I just hope that the riad isn't fully booked for when we want to return with other friends and family in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family