Recommended experiences in and around Marrakech
from $68.23
from $45.48
from $39.80
from $39.80
1,211 results
All reviews steam room no tipping mud wrap mint tea men and women western spa oil massage paper pants female staff black soap dead skin great massage massage room head massage palais bahia full body relaxing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The number one thing I wanted to do in Marrakech was a hammam. Not one of those tourist ones but something a little more authentic. Managed to persuade my other half to come too and he hates these kind of places normally, ironically he had a much better experience than me. I was guided into the steam room and just left there for 25-30 mins whilst I was becoming light headed and feeling unwell, I managed to get one of the ladies attention but it took her another 5 mins to come to me. The scrub itself was good, no complaints there. The massage was far too firm and very painful, I tried to gesture for her to be softer but she didn't understand. I didn't enjoy any of the massage and was tense throughout, also covered in far too much oil I kept sliding off the table. The mud was ok, left in the steam room too long though and my wash off was very quick and not adequate. I left still with shampoo and oil all over me! I had to shower as soon as I left. To top things off I was asked for a tip and when I declined I wasn't allowed to leave the room, ended up giving a small tip just do I could get dressed. Ironically my boyfriend loved his and didn't have any of the same issues, although the man's section seems much quieter.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

Had a great time! The service was excellent, so good I had to come twice. Being from the states we are used to this experience costing way more! The value is amazing, and the traditional experience is something you can add to your bucket list, and check off!

1  Thank Vennard R
Reviewed September 11, 2019

My wife found this place when researching prior to our visit. We wanted an authentic experience, not something from the tourist train menu. It is definitely that.

Greeted with smiles and then a mint / honey tea once we'd selected our package. We went for the full on experience with the hour massage option. 370 DM (about £35).

Men and ladies are treated in separate parts of the building. All men together all women together.

Men - First you have to undress completely and an attendant helps you into a cotton wrap around skirt type of item. Then I showered, steamed, showered, was scrubbed down, showered, was firmly massaged by expert hands, soap washed then a final shower. It was all very pleasant. But, do not go if you are shy. Men - whilst you will have the skirt type thing on all the time, being wrap around it splits at the overlap. The attendants hands will go under it to wash or massage etc as appropriate but none of it felt uncomfortable, it was all matter of fact and professional. Just go with it and let them take care of you. A couple of times 'little me' was on display but instantly recovered with the skirt thing, who cares is what I say.

Ladies - obviously this is from my wife as I didn't see her until the end. You get a pair of one size paper pants to put on which are not really much good at concealing your modesty but again, who cares, you are all girls together. You attendant will be female. She will thoroughly massage you everywhere, including your boobs but none of it felt awkward. My wife is massage trained and she said this was the best massage she has ever had! Kareema was very switched on. She picked up on all my wife's aches and pains and knots and spent extra time on those areas without being told there was a problem or the need for questionnaire etc beforehand. Ladels of water were used at appropriate times to wash away suds etc and the whole thing was very enjoyable. My wife came out floating and with improved mobility.

We went about midday and it took about 2ish hours in total. We'd read it can get busy after 3pm but we were both pretty much the only people present. Thoroughly recommended as long as your not overly shy. We will likely go back before we go home.

2  Thank Russ C
Reviewed September 7, 2019

We can highly recommend this place!!! We came here for a one hour full body massage and enjoyed every second. The ladies knew how to do their Job right and gave an amazing, caring, strong but also relaxing massage. After the treatment we enjoyed a shower (Included). If you're looking for a nice spot to get a massage etc. you should definitely visit this hammam!

1  Thank micheleloepfe
Reviewed August 30, 2019

I have never been to such a filthy place ever in my life. I’m actually traumatised by the whole experience. I don’t even want to explain my experience at this place so I’m just going to say avoid going to this place

Date of experience: August 2019