Review Highlights
Good one

One of the good hammams in Medina area. Liked the experience. Go during lunch time as usually the... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Jayzzzzz
Budapest, Hungary
via mobile
Excellent Experience

The owner was very welcoming and explained the process to us (Two British ladies). No Pressure what... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
ibiofeedback
London, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Marrakech
from $80.20
from $51.20
from $62.70
1,056 results
All reviews steam room no tipping mud wrap men and women mint tea western spa oil massage black soap paper pants head massage full body massage authentic experience spa experience bahia palace scrub massaged hammam
Reviewed December 2, 2014

A little out of the realm of what an American might consider a spa but a massively amazing experience for a pittance by US standards. No mingling of sexes as there are two distinctly separate sides for men and women, some with children in tow. The heat,steam, scrub, invigorating massage and mysterious substance body wrap all made for a taxi ride back to the hotel and to bed. Warning: this is an afternoon/evening adventure with no big plans for the evening as you will be flat out but gloriously exhausted! Plan ahead and negotiate price up front as this could be a long taxi ride from your hotel. The facility is somewhat on the worn side but fastidiously clean and very good with great service,

Reviewed December 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife had a great Hallam. Scrub massage soap etc. About 1hr 20 ish
270 dh half price of many others
She was well looked after

Owner was friendly and non pushy.

My experience was ok. I was a bit cold and damp for mine. I should have asked for it to be steamier... But I shouldn't have had to ask..I was very wary and didn't think.

However in light of this the owner knocked off 70dh.

So my wife had a 4 star experience.

Me a 3.

Nice almond soap.

My Massage could have been firmer...by a lot.

Scrubbing and soaping was good.

The ladies seemed to have much better handle on things.

But all in all cost compensated for the bit so polished experience.

Reviewed December 1, 2014

We chose this Hammam, because it was right around the corner of our Riad. A nice guy showed us around the Hammam and explained us the different packages. We decided to take the Package 2, which included the Entry+TopMassage+Seaweedtherapy/Special back +Bathrobe+Toiletbag for 350 dh, altogether 2 hours.
Men and women were seperated. There were lockers available in the changing rooms.
After undressing, a woman took my hand and ushered me into the steam bath, where 4 other women were already sitting. You couldn't see anything, because the room was full of steam.
While I was sitting there, new women were lead in and others were picked up. It seemed to be very busy. I waited approximately for half an hour until a woman, who just spoke french, came to pick me up. She took my hand and brought me into a room where 4 other massagebeds stood. She scubbed me with the the typical Hammam massage glove, washed off the skin with soap and rinsed me with water. It took 5 minutes, if not less. Then I was put back in the steam bath. It was even more crowded now, we had to squeeze together. After another half an hour I was taked out again, now into the massageroom. The massage, which was included contained a 5 minutes "massage" where argan oil was just rubbed in a little. Afterwards I was taken back into the steam bath, where they put a seaweedpaste on me and wraped me in a transparentfoil. Now I had to lay on the hard stonebench for approximately 40 minutes! Then someone brought me into the bathingroom again. Put soap on me and rinsed me with water. Then I had to go get changed. Then we could take a tea.
Altogether: I spent most of the time waiting in the steambath, everything else was just done really quick. It felt like being on the assembly line! Neither the massage, nor the bath really convinced me.
I would not recommend this place!

1  Thank sleepyhead2909
Reviewed November 29, 2014

i came here 4 years ago... When it was good fun. Now it's dilapidated, cold and not enjoyable... Tho the women who do the scrub and massage are lovely and jolly.

1  Thank agnesismydog
Reviewed November 19, 2014

I visited the hammam with 2 friends . We were greeted politely, no hassle, and given an explanation of costs. Mint tea to begin with and then off for my first hammam experience. Since all 3 of us were attended to simultaneously a great time was had by all with much laughter , ooohing and aaahing. It was a fantastic experience and exceptional value for money. Very hands on , much more so than in the UK but not at all intimidating.
Would highly recommend