“Great Value”

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Value”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

After reading reviews on here decided to try. Great value compared to many other hammans. Lovely wash and massage. Definitely not for the prudish! !!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Becky C

• Greek first
Clacton
“Great value, great experience”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

This is our first visit the Morocco and Marrakech. Before visiting the city, we had decided we wanted to do the Hammam Spa experience, but had read a few reviews of people having poor experiences, for one reason or another. We'd read about Hammam Ziana, and tried finding it, as per the location shown on this Tripadvisor app....NOTE: the location on the app is not correct by a long way! We had to do a google map search in the end.....after a "friendly local" who could see we were lost, offered to show us as he was going that way. He didn't, he lead us in a block then asked for money. Lesson learnt! However, once we'd found it, it was so worth the effort. We found it clean, welcoming and no pressure at all to book a treatment. The owner is more than pleased to just show you around and leave you in the relaxation room with a cup of tea. We decided to book the top package, which was 350 Dirhams each. We both found the treatments excellent, relaxing and outstanding value for money. Thank you so much.

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great experience but a bit awkward at times”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was a great Hammam and I would go there again. I had the 'super package' for 350MAD . On the super package you get the wash, the steam, the massage and the mudwrap and you definitely come out feeling super clean and chilled. It is incredible good value - under half the price of the spa in my Marrakesh hotel and probably a third of the UK price for the spa equivalent here. That said it is a hammam not a spa, you do need to be comfortable with public near nudity (gender separated but still public). The changing area is private and there is a secure locker to leave your things. You are given a pair of 'micro knickers' to wear, some plastic shoes and a wrap to walk into the hammam itself but once you are in there the wrap is taken away and as both the hammam ladies were busy I was left standing there a while feeling a little self conscious before my lady came to take me for my wash. Once you get started it is better and after the wash you are led to the steam room and left to relax for a while before the scrub. As others have said, the scrub is amazing and scary how much skin comes away!
I had the same lady for all my treatments and she was very good, I have a shoulder injury which I explained to her about (in French, I don't think she spoke English, although I didn't try) and she was very careful to make sure that she didn't do anything to hurt it. the massage was excellent and helped ease out my aches and pains from the Camel ride a couple of days earlier, the warp was also good although getting up on to a marble slab covered with plastic when you have just had an oily massage is definitely tricky!
I would definitely go back and would recommend Hammam Ziani but there were a couple of things that have stopped me giving this 5 stars.
The first is that we popped by the previous day to make sure we knew where it was and decided we might as well book for the next day as we didn't have time to go ahead right then. The man on the desk (not Ziani) asked for a 100MAD deposit which I thought was unjustified as we were booking for a quiet time (early afternoon) and most people just turn up, also we weren't asking them to reserve anything for us - I've never been asked for a deposit for a beauty type service before and I thought it was a bit off.
The other disappointment was that I was expecting the full Turkish bath type arrangement, with a series of 3 interconnecting dry hot rooms as well as a steam room, Hammam Ziani doesn't have any dry hot rooms, just the steam room.
In summary though, great experience, good value for money compared with the Spa equivalent and a must do, especially if you have been foolish enough to go on a Camel ride :-)

1 Thank Lorna W
Whistler, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wish this hammam was available in the UK”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Great visit to hammam ziani, the owner spent a few years in the US so appreciates great customer service (and speaks English!), great value for money, the ladies (and gents) in the hammam might not speak english but deliver a great scrub and massage. Recommended if you want to experience the closest possible experience (as a westerner) to the real thing without being Marrakchi.

London, United Kingdom
“Zaini hammam - Not good!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My experience was not good! i tried Zaini last week when i was in Marrakech for a few days. I wanted to try somewhere different as i have been to several Hammam's in Marrakech and i had read a couple of good reviews. I went late morning and was surprised to find the steam room was cold. They turned it on for me but it never got warm enough. For me one of the best bits of a hammam is the buckets of hot water thrown over you to rinse you after washing. At Zaini you go into a shower where the water drips out! it was very disappointing, it was no different to having a normal shower! Suffice to say I wont be going back unless they improve their operation.