“Oasis of Marrakech !!”

Ranked #12 of 1,146 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Tokyo, Japan
“Oasis of Marrakech !!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

From Japan, I stayed for 3 days in September with family.
It is a great riad to be any reviews.
Riad is clean and stylish, access from Fna Square good, homely riad we can relax.
There seems to be the oasis in Marrakech chaotic.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

We stayed with the 6-year-old daughter.
Usually, children under 8 years old can not be staying in Riad Boussa, but I really wanted to stay at Riad Boussa, so ask to Riad owner Brigitte, at last we were able to get accepted by the special.
My daughter can not speak English, but Brigitte told to her gently in English. Ali often told her in a few word Japanese too. Staff Housekeeper was kindly help us dry the laundry. Everyone so kindly.
I heared from my daugher, best memories in Marrakech of her is breakfast to eat on the terrace of Riad ! She is always talking about the memories of Riad after returning. The memories of Minette and O'Malley and Ali and Brigitte.

Special thank you for Brigitte and Ali.
Some day I want to visit again and to show growth of daughter.

Kanako,Tatsuya and Mihana

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank me-ana-flower

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
Northern California
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Brigette and Ali personally greeted us, poured us mint tea and offered great advise. The riad is impeccably maintained, very comfortable and a wonderful hideaway in the maze of Marrakech. Our room was comfortable, the terrace was pleasant, breakfast was good and the staff's hospitality was consistently excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gl0bal_guru
Aberdeen, UK
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights at this Riad. Brigitte was quick to answer emails while organising our stay, we were collected at the airport and taken to the riad, which is in a good location about 10 mins walk from the main square. The Riad is beautiful, orange decorated theme, staff were all helpful and provided recommendations and routes to cover all the sites. the breakfast was fairly typical of what we received elsewhere we stayed, bread, pancake, grapes, cake.

• Stayed October 2013
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Jolene,
Thank you to have shared your feeling about your stay at Riad BOUSSA with the futures guests.
I read you are an experienced writer on the tripadvisor website.
Thank you for choosing us among the many riads in Marrakech.
It was a good choice indeed !!
We will be glad to welcome you for longer next time.
Brigitte
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend and I visited Morocco for the first time a month ago. I had been in touch with Brigitte from the US via email, and she was so great with her timely responses. Not only was I being a control freak and asking a million questions, but our schedule was all over the place with a late night arrival and very early morning departures for an excursion to Zagora and a drop off at the train station. Brigitte gave us great advice with our scheduling and how to maximize our limited time in Marrakech.

When you first arrive at this beautiful riad, Brigitte gives a full introduction on how to go around Marrakech with the time that you have. We really only had one full day to explore the city itself, so she gave a crash course on where to go, what to see, when things close, how to get there, and the maximum we should be paying for the cab ride out to Jardin Majorelle. THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT! If it weren't for Brigitte, we would've been paying ridiculous amounts for the cab rides, and we saw everything we wanted to see.

As for the riad itself - it is so beautiful! The warm colors and great interior decoration gives a warm inviting feel to the riad. We stayed in a twin (two separate bed) room that had a red-colored theme. The towels and sheets were all clean and soft. From the mint tea that Ali had served us, breakfast on the terrace, and candlelight dinner in the courtyard – everything was perfect. Brigitte and her team made the beginning of our Morocco trip wonderful! Thank you, Brigitte and Ali!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Christl,
What a lovely message !!
Thank you very much to have shared your feeling about your stay on tripadvisor.
You can be sure we were really enjoyed to welcome you and Jane.
Very nice girls !!
I gave you the good informations and advices to spend very good holidays without to loose your time. Marrakech, the desert and Fes. Good memories for you. Perfect !!
It was we expected for you.
We hope we will be able to welcome you another time.
Best wishes
Brigitte and Ali
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night and honestly it was the most amazing experience in morocco!
Everywhere in this Riad is keeping clean and beautiful with lovely furniture.
I am sure especially girls and women love them (of course I am one of them!)

The owner Brigitte is really kind and helpful all the time.
After booking this Riad through the website, she gave me the information about Riad quickly and arranged everything, including dinner and transfer.
Also she advised me where I should go during the stay in marrakesh.
Of course not only Brugitte, all staff working there are also very friendly and polite.

The dinner at Riad was very good as well.
I asked her to prepare dinner without lamb because I couldn't eat it when I booked.
Then she arranged our dinner fish tajin! I have already had chicken tajin few times, but it was the first tajin using fish!

The one thing I should mention, there are two cats there.
I love them but my friend has allergy unfortunately.

Thank you very much for everything and I would like to stay here again!

日本のガイドブックに載っているため、日本人利用客は多いみたいですが、その分、日本人観光客の対応には慣れているのではないかと思います。
実際、私が滞在した日も、四組中三組は日本人でした。
リヤド内は綺麗で、オーナーのこだわりを感じる内装は、絶対に日本人の女の子は大好きなはず。
部屋自体はそこまで広くはないものの、細部に至るまでかわいいが詰まったリヤドです。
ただお部屋によるのかもしれませんが、バスルームとベッドルームのしきりはカーテンなので、ドアではありません。
その辺りを気にされる方にはお勧めしませんが、バスルームも清潔感があり、空気が篭ることもなく、快適でした。
ただ一つ、紹介されるハマムはたいしてよくはありませんでした。
他のリヤドにもパンフレットがありましたし、どこに泊まっても紹介されるハマムだとは思うのですが、日本でそれなりのスパなりエステを受けたことがある方にはいまいちではないかと。
ただ経験として行く分には良いかもしれません。

上にも書きましたが、猫ちゃんが二匹いるので、アレルギーの方は注意された方が良いかもしれません。
それから、リヤドはどこもそうですが、道が分かりにくいので暗い時間に出歩くのは控えた方がいいと思います。

ただ、トータル的に見て、コスト面からしても、とても満足の行くリヤドでした。

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Yuka,

Thank you sooo much for your message !!
Very nice one for only one night and a delicious fish tagine..
It was really a pleasure for us to welcome you and share a short moment with you but a very good one.
Sure you will come back for more adventures !!
Thank you again.
Warmest regards from all the staff
Brigitte
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I chose to stay here for 4 days after an 8 day trek in the Atlas Mountains. The Riad was already recommended to me so I knew it would be great. Brigitte and all her staff are very friendly and personal. Service was amazing, the Riad is beautiful, the food was one of the best I had in Morocco. Would definatly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lake Country, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our first trip to Morocco. We went from the airport through the streets of Marrakech to our home at Riad Boussa. Our senses were enlivened as we passed through the hustle and bustle of the streets, but when we stepped from the derbs of the medina into Riad Boussa we immediately relaxed. We were received by Brigitte's warm welcome seated and served mint tea and biscuits. Within minutes she provided us with a comfort about our new environment, advising us of the sites and activities, where to go and what to see and how to get to there. Our stay at Riad Boussa was wonderful. Clean, comfortable, fabulous service (thanks Ali) and superb food. We would recommend Riad Boussa to anyone looking for a quality riad in the medina of Marrakech. Peter & Sharon, Lake Country, BC, Canada

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple