New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Riad Boussa

Riad Boussa
Ranked #14 of 1,177 Marrakech B&B and Inns
london
“Amazing experience at Riad Boussa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We've spent a wonderful time at the Riad Boussa, although it's one night only.

The location is very central - like 5 minutes to the famous square and market. Our room is a twin bed room on the first floor , very tidy and clean. I like the Riad's open lounge, it's nice decorated and cozy. It also has a wonderful terrace where you can enjoy Shisha and sunshine, or moon light...

Most importantly, the people here are very very nice and welcoming! ( Thank you Brigitte and Ali!) We had the chance to enjoyed/or learn the Darbuka , in the form of a mini concert from the people in the Riad. Very impressive!

I will highly recommend this Riad to all of you, and surely you will find your unique experience here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Stephanie,
Only one night booked at Riad BOUSSA but a special one with your friends and Ali with mint tea and chicha party !! The music was for the day after, too noisy on the terrace at 2.00am, of course !
Come back when you want....Uk is not so far....
We will welcome you with pleasure for more fun.
Warmest regards from all the staff, especially Ali, of course.
Riad BOUSSA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was actually a happy coincidence that we stayed in this cosy little Riad that was an absolute delight embedded in the quiet alleyway that's really close to the square el fna. We stayed for just one night but it was enough for the whole befriending and falling in love with every working staff in the Riad (special thanks to Brigitte the owner and Ali). Brigitte was wonderful in helping us in every possible way. She was so kind and gentle. We felt like midnight shisha and cigarettes so Ali carefully prepared everything and stayed up with us till 4 in the morning. He's such a great person We spent quality time together and we simply couldn't stop laughing because of his jokes and everything(he's even funny in English! how hard is that!) anyway, it's a great place to stay, regardless.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Olivia_Camel
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hello Olivia,
Only one night at Riad BOUSSA but good moments shared with my staff and I.
You were sooooooooo nice like your three friends.
Stay in a second riad was for you an excellent way to enjoy a different atmosphere.
Come back again, you have many things to do again in this amazing city !
Warmest riads from my staff, especially Ali, of course !!
N.Pownal, VT.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A quiet haven from the noise and hassles of Marrakesh. Everything about Riad Boussa is great. Finely decorated rooms and a roof top terrace that is just beautiful. The breakfast was very nice with freshly squeezed orange juice and pastries. The highlight though was dinner. The gourmet chef prepared several Tagines for us that were incredible. Her use of spices, vegetables and meats could not be better. Dinner is not included but well worth doing!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quiet and nicely decorated. Make sure you have dinner there!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Lydia and Tom,
Sure you will remind a long time Aïcha's cooking !! Se likes to cook. It was really a pleasure for her to cook for you and you were so enjoyed to eat the dinners. Perfect !!
Thank you for your message. We hope we will welcome later more american people than we do actually.
Morocco is a safe country. Tell that around you please.
And come back again !! We will be enjoyed to meet you again to share good moments at Riad BOUSSA.
Brigitte and the staff
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We absolutely loved this riad. It is beautifully decorated and the breakfast served was great. Each afternoon we returned to sit in front of a roaring fire, and were served mint tea and cookies. With only four rooms, there's a lot of attention paid to the individual guests. It is well located for sightseeing. There are two friendly cats in residence as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Kim and Neil,
Thank you for your kind review on this website.
We did our best to make your stay enjoyable.
The riad is "excellent" you said.
Thank you to share your feeling with the future guests.
Come back when you want for more adventures.
Warmest regards
Brigitte and the Riad BOUSSA team
osaka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at this Riad in New year 2013.It was so nice interior Riad and had a nice breakfast.
The owner who was so kindness for us.She could just speak in French and English,but she have talked with us politely.(we are japanese.) Although I just think that is a little bit a far and dark street from Place Djamaa el Fna to the Riad,you will see a warm and peaceful place in here. If I go to Marrakech next time,I wanna stay there again!! Thank you Madam! I have never forget what she said that "you are not Japanese!" at say good bye.I'll be back soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed 3nights in the end of the year.
Upon stepping inside, I was fascinated by the atmosphere!
Beautiful setting, stylish furniture, bouquet of roses decorated on a table, and nice music.
Especially I love the fire place. Every night I enjoyed reading books with drinking mint tea beside the fire place. Cut cat is always come to sitting next to me.

The room is cozy, and warm enough without heater.
Every night, small moroccan sweets are served with a message card "We wish you a good night". (Yes, I could sleep very well!)

We had the last dinner of the year at Riad. It was the best meal in this trip. I miss their Cous Cous!

Thanks to warm hospitality of Brigitte, Ali and riad boussa staffs, I really enjoyed my staying. It was the most memorable birthday and new year.
I made a reservation through e-mail, and exchanged message with Brigitte several times before my trip. She is kind enough to gave me quick reply at all time, and gave me a lot of useful information. It was my first trip to Morocco, but thanks to Brigitte, I could visit Marrakesh without worry.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Noriko,

Your birthday and the new Eve at Riad BOUSSA. Specials occasions.. You spent good time at home, it's very nice from you to share your felling with the futures guests.
I remember the moment when I went upstairs to ask you if you wanted something and I found you asleep in the sofa near the fire-place..like at home..
You enjoyed everything with pleasure, free time at Riad BOUSSA, dinners and hammam...
I'm happy to read your stay will be memorable.
Boussas (kisses) from us to you and Hisahsi of course.
Brigitte and Riad BOUSSA staff
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the third review I have written for Riad Boussa, and I think this has been the best stay yet!!!!!

Ali & Brigitte make the best breakfasts ever, and they serve them either on the roof terrace or the lounge area downstairs at whatever time you like! The team simply can't do enough for you, they make dinner reservations, give you maps and directions and also arrange trips. They also arrange your transport to and from the airport.

It is also ideally located, 5 minutes walk from Jemma el Fnaa and the Koutobia Mosque which is ideal as it is virtually impossible to get lost!

Rooms are cosy and comfortable, with big bathrooms and authentic Moroccan décor. We also had fresh flowers and bottled water.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello Tracy and Jon, of course !! What can I say ? Only a big THANK YOU for your message !!
Third stay and I'm sure not the last one.....We will find something special especially for you next time.. Boussa for Ali and I.