One of the best establishments I have stayed at anywhere in the world. This hotel will be one day be ranked in the top 5 places in Marrakesh and a lot of it has to do with the hospitality of the owners (Massimo and Georgina) and the staff.
It pains me to read some of the negative reviews posted about this Riad, especially when the writer has never contributed anything before. You don’t need to be Einstein to figure out that the reviews are probably coming from some disgruntled competitors and it wouldn’t surprise me if these competitors represented the so called fancy 5 star places in Marrakesh.
I stayed at this Riad in December, over Christmas with my wife and 4 year old son. I was hesitant at first having a toddler in a riad, as I didn’t want to impede on other guests however Georgina, Massimo, Al-Maki, Mohammed and the rest of the staff took my son as one of their own. We felt at home every single day, so if you have a family, look no further than this place. One warning though when picking your rooms, we stayed in the Nacre room, which is located on the ground floor, if I have my time again, I would have gone for something on the top floor just for that little extra bit of privacy, but this isn’t a big issue to be honest, just something to look out for if you can.
1. Location- right in the middle of the medina, easy to get too and close to all amenities
2. The staff…. Great people make great companies
3. The Décor- wow! Traditional Moroccan Style!. Very elegant, very clean, very comfortable.
4. Breakfast- my son still craves for the bread, fruit and yogurt
5. The terrace- it was a little to cold during our stay to enjoy the terrace, but we did get one warm day and it was a dream to sit on the sun lounges and relax
6. Local know how- Georgina and Massimo know a lot about the area. Really helpful in recommending restaurants, places to visits, drivers, guides etc
7. The Christmas dinner that the hotel put on for guests on Christmas eve and the gifts they gave us.
8. The mint tea and Shisha pipe!- Just ask and Al Maki will deliver.
9. The free wifi
Nothing. There are a few improvements that the Riad could make, but nothing major:
1. TV: At first not having a TV in the room felt limiting, but honestly after about the 2nd day it actually felt liberating to not have one.!
2. The pool: great pool, pitty its not heated.
All in all, a great place, a great holiday, and a great time spent with great people. Hope to be back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a narrow street of the Medina of Marrakech come and discover Riad le Clos des Arts: a charming Arab house renovated in pure Moresque style. Be seduced by this fascinating oriental atmosphere, be tempted by the authenticity of traditional Moroccan flavours, be refreshed by a plunge into our small pool on the terrace. The riad offers 3 suites, 2 superior rooms and 2 smaller double rooms, all with ensuite bathrooms facilities, independent heating/cooling system and safe. Food is central to the life of the house and our chef proposes daily typical Moroccan specialities and revisited traditional recipes. Dinner is on order. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Riad le Clos des Arts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Le Clos Des Arts Hotel Marrakech