1,525 results
All reviews turquoise room mint tea roof terrace wonderful hosts atlas mountains yogurt the main square each morning an oasis the entire staff a wonderful stay day trip the hustle and bustle plunge pool tagine jemaa el the perfect place to stay
Reviewed February 27, 2018

The stay in this beautiful riad was a great Marrakesh experience for us. We liked the style very much and loved the peolple working there. The introduction at the beginning of our stay was extremely helpful. And we apprechiated the warm and welcoming manner of the whole staff. Thank you!

Room Tip: We had a room at the ground floor - I would have prefered one on the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Massimo_Giorgina, Manager at Riad le Clos des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Dear Saskia and Michael,

We thank you very much for the beautiful words dedicated to us.
We hope to see you again the next time you return to Marrakech.

Warm Regards

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Summary of my long review: Stay here! It's the best riad! It feels like paradise amongst the hectic Marrakech streets. Riad Le Clos Des Arts is perfection and should not be missed.

This was the most amazing place I have ever stayed at. Massimo and Georgina, and their staff, are so sweet. You instantly feel like family. I was greeted with mint tea, cookies, and very helpful tips from Massimo.
I spent half of my time at the riad alone before my mother joined me, and the staff were very sure to make me feel comfortable and safe. They suggested wonderful restaurants (though none compared to the absolutely DELICIOUS food that was served nightly in the riad), historical sights, and interesting excursions.
Although they are Italian, they clearly know Marrakech! Their caring extends beyond your time with them. When we left to head to Fez, Massimo made sure that we had a safe connection to Casablanca.
The restaurant at the riad still has me drooling. The menu changes daily and they are great about having options for different diets or if you are craving something specific. By the time my mom arrived, we didn't even bother going out for dinner because the restaurant here was so much better!
Not only are they lovely, but the riad is fantastic. It is very close to everything, even a taxi stand. I felt completely safe walking alone at night to get to the riad from the medina or vice versa. The room was extremely comfortable with heating, a good mattress, plush pillows, and good water pressure. The free toiletries smelled so good!
I didn't choose this riad, that was my mom's choice, but I am so so glad that we stayed here! I was here for roughly a week and would have happily stayed longer to chat with Massimo and Georgina about yoga, go on baking classes, read in the courtyard, eat breakfast on the terrace, and enjoy the food.
Thank you to everyone at the riad for such an incredible experience. You really shaped my view of Morocco. My only negative is that nothing we did afterwards could compare to our wonderful time with you!
To anyone considering where to stay: stay here! You won't regret it :)

Room Tip: Wifi is best in the courtyards and first floor rooms (for Skype). Main floor get some music/talking noise with open windows during the day.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Nina C

Dear Nina,

Thank you for such a clamouring review and for the compliments to our cuisine.
We take great care of the quality and freshness of foods as well as the variety of the menus. Our Chef Leila is attentive to the special needs of our guests and cooks with love dishes suitable for them.

Hoping to have you again sitting at our table.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

After arriving at the Riad, Massimo sat us down and gave us everything we needed to know about Marrakech. As I had not made many travel arrangements for the 3 days we were here, Massimo gave us his best recommendations for a Hammam spa, Atlas Mountains tour, and where we should visit within the Medina. All of these recommendations worked out perfect and exceeded our expectations! It was like we had our own private tour guide for all of Marrakech! I highly recommend staying at this Riad.

Also, we ate dinner one night at the Riad, and the food was fantastic! I highly recommend doing this at least one night.

Dear Katelyn and Kevin,

Thanks for your very kind words.
After several years of life spent in Marrakech, we enjoy sharing some of the secret of this wonderful city with our guests.
We are very happy that you enjoyed all our advice and that you have treasured it.

The doors of our house will stay open for you

Reviewed February 23, 2018

With all the 5 star reviews for places in marrakech, it can be hard to decide where to stay. We opted for le Clos des Arts after recommendations from two friends who stayed here in November. We could not have been happier with our decision.

We were greeted at the parking area nearest the hotel by Valentina, who escorted us to the hotel and gave us an excellent overview of the city and how best to explore it. Note: exploring is difficult as you will not want to leave the beautiful Riad!!! Everywhere you turn the attention to detail is exquisite, from the common spaces to the rooftop.

The food was also incredible. Breakfast included the best home made yogurt I've ever had. We also ate dinner one night and had a very memorable meal with some very fine Moroccan cooking.

The owners Giorgina and Massimo are also frequently floating through the hotel and stopping you to inquire about your journey and the trip. You truly feel like family here.

Dear Sheila and Corey,

Thanks for such a great feedback.

It gives us a great pleasure when past guests recommend us to their friends.
It was therefore very nice to know that we manage to extend you the same kind of hospitality reserved to your friends, we enjoyed having you with us.

Hoping to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful four night getaway to Marrakech and we were very happy with our choice of accommodation. In the heart of the Medina, it was a perfect location to explore the city and take in the sights. Cosy and intimate, and a nice change from big impersonal hotels you can find outside the medina. Massimo and Giorgina were warm and knowledge hosts and they always had great suggestions and recommendations. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family

Dear Joann and Ava,

We value the time taken to show your appreciation regarding our Riad.
We like to distinguish ourselves from the big hotel chains and to manage our family home, taking care of our guests as members of it.
We are happy that you felt welcomed, and we will wait for you with open arms the next time you visit Marrakech.