Riad le Clos des Arts
$516
$1,058
$1,019
1,483 results
All reviewsturquoise roomgiorgina massimomint tearoof terracewonderful hostsatlas mountainsyogurtthe main squarean oasiseach morningthe entire staffa wonderful staythe hustle and bustlequiet streetday triptaginehome away from home
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I will try and keep this review short. If you want a truly memorable holiday, look no further and make a reservation at this Riad. You’ll receive outstanding service from the moment you step out of the taxi to the moment you say goodbye. Giorgina and Massimo are wonderful hosts and just like the city itself, they exude charisma and charm in abundance. They have a team of professional and friendly staff and they run this Riad like clockwork and always with a smile on their faces.

We’ve stayed at various 5* hotels and resorts but none of them even come close to the level of care we received here. Giorgina and the team have given us some special memories which we will treasure for the rest of our lives. We can't wait to return!

Book it, you won’t regret it!

Room Tip: Suite Turquoise is beautiful!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were greeted with warmth, hospitality, wonderful humor and fantastic food served in serenely peaceful, elegant, artistic surroundings. I love le Clos des Arts! Giorgina and Massimo are the consummate hosts and they have a wonderful team at your service. Quality is everywhere, in every detail. And the food is amazing. You can see that this amazing couple have considered everything possible to make the experience of staying at their Riad memorable and enjoyable. Be sure to pay close attention to Massimo's entertaining orientation, delivered with a twinkle or two of the eye when you arrive. Their map also provides the best advice for where to go and what to see. Giorgina and Massimo organize trips, guides and will help you learn about, adapt and respect the rich culture, traditions and heritage of Marrakech. I will definitely stay here again. Heck! I think I'm going to move here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tara K
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We travelled to Marrakech in mid-september from London and arrived at Marrakech with extremely high expectations for the city in general and the riad in particular. This in due mainly to the exceptionals reviews we had pored over in the months prior to the trip. I must say our expectations were met and exceeded in every respect. Upon our arrival at the parking area where we were greeted by Georgina, an angelic-like creature in so many ways, we were taken aback by the primal surroundings and was slighyly unprepared for our first journey into the medina (market) area. The riad is located less than 5 minutes walk from where we got off the taxi. A young man with a medieval cart transported our luggage to the riad alongside our host who took every opportunity to point out landmarks in order that we could find our way back later on. This information plus the briefing that ensued kept us in good stead throughout our 7 night stay at the riad.
Entering the riad was very much stepping into a different world and for the entire week we were in Marrakech, we had looked forward to returning to our room which was itself magical in every way. The cool or hot mint tea available throughout the day and night, was truly an elixir after a days exploring the markets. Georgina and Massimo are probably one of very few individuals that you would meet once in your life and would remember them for the rest of it. They are true characters and geniuses in their own right. The staff at the riad lived up to my expectations and I run a much larger and higher-end hospitality-based organisation in Central London and i must reluctantly admit, they would give me a good run for my money if they were based there. The room itself is adequate and tastefully decorated with minor work required in refreshing the bathroom and walk-in shower. You really only need hair conditioner as all toiletries are provided for. The linen used was top class as was the bedding, except for the four poster bed which was a bit creaky at times. There was always a bowl of fruit and bottled water (if requested) on the table and the cleaning was professional and unintrusive. Mohammed, the team leader designate was a towering giant, attentive to our every need during our entire stay. The chambermaids who also work in the kitchens were like nymphs going about their work and churned out 2 dinners that I would have rated as up there with the best michelin-starred meals I have had in London. The red mullet tagine that we had on our first night was jaw-droppingly good although would have been made perfect if pin-boned, but we are in Marrakech here. We paid 25 euros per head for a 3 course dinner excluding drinks. We had dinner with our hosts and, now life-long, friends from LA we met at the Riad at a French restaurant recommended by them which was truly memorable. Equally memorable, was a guided tour on our 2nd day organised by the riad with a special individual named Mohamed Daif, who made our visit truly unforgetable. From getting squashed at the leather auction to an epic haggling session for berber carpets and a roadside lunch of goat liver, this set the bar for the entire trip and if you did nothing else in Marrakech, go for a guided tour of the souks with Mohamed Daif. We also had a hamman and massage at Angsana Spa (ie with chamchat and tomchat), which was recommended by our hosts and when someone commented that it was better than sex, I found myself nodding silently in agreement. Our 3rd day was spent riding mules in Imlil with Abdul, our berber guide. The trip itself was an eye-opener as to why the Berber at one point in time had conquered much of Morroco and still remain fiercely pride of their heritage. We were led on these magnificent animals up a short way up the slopes of the highest mountain in North Africa and was then treated to a traditional lunch. Abdul was a living testament to these hardy and resourceful people and literally carried my wife down the mountain when the going got a bit rough. Whatever you do, do not drink unbottled water anywhere in Morocco as I made this cardinal mistake here and suffered a monster tummy ache for the rest of the trip. This episode does not diminish my longing to go back very soon and at many points during my stay at the riad, thought to myself i could live here forever and frankly, I would not stay anywhere else except with Georgina and Massimo.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My family had the great good fortune to stay at le clos des arts this summer - the riad was one of the highlights of our perfect marrakech holiday. Prior to the trip I spent a lot of time reading reviews, looking at photos and just knew THIS place was special. I had no idea how special until we walked through the doors and were greeted with such genuine loving care by massimo and giorgina. True beauty and care has gone into every detail in this lovely gem of a home. And we truly felt at home there. Some of our best dinners were at the riad, and breakfast was perfect every morning. When we wanted food outside M + G always had great suggestions. We were guided to the most beautiful spa for a hammam,, cooking classes in the home of a wonderful local. I have traveled the world and stayed at some of the best hotels and this riad is at the top of my list. I look forward to going back to my marrakesh home and family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited at the beginning of July. The Riad was a peaceful oasis after an overwhelming and hot day in the markets. The owners were welcoming and kind and the food was the best we had on our trip. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple