Riad le Clos des Arts
$46
$121
$61
1,459 results
All reviewsgiorgina massimoturquoise roommint tearoof terracewonderful hostsatlas mountainsyogurtthe main squarean oasiseach morninga wonderful stayquiet streetthe entire staffday tripthe hustle and bustlehome away from hometagine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The great reviews of Riad Les Clos Des Art do not do justice to this fantastic retreat within the Medina. From our welcome on arrival and guided walk to the Riad by Massimo to our personal oversight of Marrakech by Giorgina on the roof terrace, our stay was enriched by the warm and genuine friendliness of our hosts. The Riad is stunning and restored to an unprecedented level of detail and authenticity. Everything within this family-run home is of the highest quality - whether it is the tasteful decor, the linen and towels or the scented toiletries in the bathroom. However, what really makes Riad Les Clos Des Art is the people. You are encouraged to feel like one of the family. The staff are not always behind you but on call all the time to service your needs - whether it is mint tea by the pool or refreshing the plums in your room. Giorgina and Massimo gave us great insight into Moroccan life in the Medina, with advice on do's and don'ts, restaurants to eat in, the best places to visit and what to pay for your shopping! Testament to our hosts is not best paid by us but by the Marrakech community who knew Giorgina and Massimo everywhere we went, often remarking that they were their favourite Marrakech family - as Massimo said to us, 'that is praise indeed'.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

From the minute of booking our stay at Riad le Clos des Arts, you felt very welcome & nothing is a problem. Massimo & Giorgina & their staff are nothing short of exceptional in making your Marrakech stay fabulous. When Massimo greets you in the parking lot to show you to the riad & then the refreshing welcome iced tea & a brief on the area, you instantly feel at home. Having the 20 minute or so, brief with Massimo we found very helpful. As this allows you to ask questions about the area, culture & do's & dont's. The rooms are exquisite. We had to change rooms part way thru our stay, which was no problem, but gave us a look into two different styles of rooms. Both gorgeous. Breakfast, in the summer, is served on the roof terrace which is just fabulous. Dinner is also available on request & we would encourage everyone to try at least once. The terrace plunge pool is also a great way to relax after a maddening day in the old Medina. Once you walk thru the door of the riad, you really do lose yourself as to where you are. The madness of the alleyways outside are forgotten & you can relax with a refreshing mint tea. Free wifi, which works all thru the riad. We strongly recommend taking a private guided tour of the old medina - Abdel is fantastic & very knowledgeable. This can be arranged thru the riad. A very big thankyou to Massimo & Giorgina, for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My trip to Morocco was everything I imagined it to be and it wouldn't have been possible without Giorgina and Massimo from Riad le Clos des Arts!

Our stay here was a home away from home...all aspects exceeded my expectations from the home-made breakfasts, the service of the staff, the beautiful rooms, the delicious food and the fabulous hosts (even the shampoo and shower gel were amazing!)

This Riad is in the perfect location, just a 5 minute walk to the main square and souks- it's perfect in that you can come back from time to time during the day to drop off shopping bags, have a rest or just relax by the pool.

Giorgina was extremely helpful when it came to planning our trip- so much that we didn't have to work with a travel agent. I told Giorgina what we wanted to do and see while we were there and she helped to make reservations or put me in contact with the right people.....from booking a trip to the desert, scheduling a hammam treatment, recommending where to eat, and setting us up with a tour guide in Marrakech.

I would highly recommend Riad le Clos des Arts to anyone going to Marrakech- it truly adds to the magic of Morocco!

Room Tip: I came with a friend so they were able to give us separate beds in the same room which worked out perfectly!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Beautiful place. The rooms were very comfortable (I shared a room with a friend, we each had our own bed). The pool was a bonus after being in the hot sun, it was great to go up to the roof with a book and relax. Location is in the center of everything. We would shop, drop off our purchases, then head back out for more shopping. The breakfast was delicious every morning--I really got used to the mint tea and home made yogurt! Very helpful staff--that go out of their way to make you comfortable. I have to admit I came to Marrakech and I didn't do much research--i relayed a lot on the lovely couple that own Riad; Massimo and Giorgina. They arranged everything we needed (and we needed a lot--we wrote them several emails before our visit and they answered very promptly), they gave amazing suggestions on day trips, desert excursions, where to eat, where to buy, taxi services, car services to Casablanca, guides..etc. They are a one stop shop in Marrakech! :)

I would highly recommend this Riad to anyone traveling to Marrakech and I would definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Beautiful place, I could not tire my eyes of the beauty of this place. Absolutely magical, calm atmosphere. Hosts were incredibly helpful, gracious and made my stay very memorable. A definite highlight. I cannot wait to return to this lovely haven!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends