Arrived in the evening after a long days travelling-shattered and looking to relax. Had booked last minute through Expedia and had not read any reviews; just looking for a 5-star self-catering holiday in nice warm weather over Easter.
After walking through the door got a sense of dread and a feeling that we had made a big mistake. It didn't resemble anything near the quality of self-catering accommodation I have been used to in Portugal or Spain despite being told it was a five star resort.
1. Check-in: ramshackle and cheap-looking reception area, staff friendly enough
2. Kitchen stove cracked (glass, so unsafe and low-rent)
3. No blinds or window coverings in kitchen, not good if on ground floor as we were)
4. Wardrobe doors falling off hinges
5. Plug sockets near bed so loose they come out of the wall when taking the plug out
6. Generally dirty, but no bugs seen
7. Bathroom door wouldn't close past halfway
8. Shower head broken and held together by gravity alone
9. Tv cabinet in master bedroom......but no TV
10. Door lock to room had clearly been pried open at some point, but only partially repaired
11. Double beds are actually two singles shoved together, and are covered in plastic undersheeting which crackle and crinkle every time you move.
12. The breakfast next morning was a complete farce and we were only able to see the funny side because we were checking-out straight afterwards. The cereal bowl doubled up as a bird bath for cheeky sparrow-type birds who had obviously learnt that the staff don't even notice them. The birds would fly in to the conservatory building as soon as the door was left open for a second, nibble on the bread on the buffet table, or jump around in the bowl of sugar-puffs. I mentioned to the staff and they took the cereal away but made no effort to keep them from coming back in, like keeping one of the doors closed. Myself and another guest managed to evict one of the birds only to see them come straight back in again and head straight for the buffet table. Apart from this I asked for something cooked and was offered an omelette- tasty enough!
After breakfast walked to the managers office and told him we would be moving to the Hotel du Golf within the hour and asked him to liaise accordingly. He made a half-hearted attempt at offering an upgrade but we were determined to leave. He then told us the apartments are owned privately and that they would feedback the information to the owner, but they have had difficulty getting control over maintenance, upkeep etc.
When checking in to the Hotel du Golf it was clear they were used to disgruntled Residence guests defecting mid-stay! Now very happy at the Hotel du Golf from where I am writing this review.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Palmeraie Village Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmeraie Village Marrakech
- Hotel Palmeraie Village