“Not bad for a short stay”

Riad Rahba Marrakech
Ranked #481 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Hostel is very well located, close to Jemma el Fna, easy to find, built in the type of riad. Small rooms with basic equipment, a tiny bathroom with shower with hot water, a little dirty. A small breakfast is included, served in a nice lounge. Friendly staff. Definitely for undemanding customers, but even at this price you can find something better in Marrakech.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank W0manOnTheG0

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We had the unfortunate experience of staying in this ‘hotel’, the room was dirty and bathroom unspeakable of but we were told that nothing else was available, it is only that the room door could not lock that we were changed to a room only a slightly cleaner one. The service was unfriendly and it is unfortunate that ‘hotel’ like this are allowed to trade.

After we moved to hotel Sherazade, where the sheet and room were clean with a friendly and professional service.

Room Tip: Hotel Sherazade
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Once we found the hostel (which was a bit confusing, we finally asked for help and were brought directly to it), it was actually in quite an easy location to find. It was right on the Djemma in the souqs which definitely was a location that could not be beat.
The staff was quite nice and I liked the breakfast. There was coffee and tea and shisha available whenever you wanted it which was a nice bonus. It had a nice lounge to meet other travellers in or just to relax.
It's a budget place, so I wouldn't expect to find overly luxurious anything, but the room was clean as was the bathroom. The plumbing stunk quite a bit because it is quite a dry place, which was unpleasant but not terrible since closing the bathroom door solved the problem and we didn't spend much time in the room anyway.
For what we paid (extremely cheap) it was well worth it. I wouldn't stay here if you are planning to be in Marrakech for a long time, but for the price and length of the trip we took it met our needs as a decent, clean place to stay with good staff and a nice breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank jeppicasays
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Located at the end of a dark covered derb this Moroccan owned and run family riad is ideally placed for venturing around the souks and just off the djeema el fna square.
Not the easiest place to find as very few streets / derbs have names and the souks are something of a rabbit warren at the best of times. Even when we asked a couple of locals it wasn't easy to find. Walking down the derb to the door in the first night was daunting it looked like we were heading down a very dark alley. Not somewhere I'd normally venture at night!
They greeted us by name when we arrived as we had booked in hostelworld.com. Our room (4) was big enough for a double bed, hat stand and bedside table. What more do you need??? The private bathroom was mouldy, cold and had no hot water. The bathroom door was broken and the toilet leaked. Our bed was , I think, devised to minimise any chance of bedroom intimacy it was like sleeping either side of the Pyrennes on a mattress stuffed with old newspapers and donkey droppings.
Combine the lumpy paper packed mattress with the incredible about of noise that seemed to go on all night and you can forget about relaxing at this riad.
We read about fantastic breakfasts in marakech. We were served hot coffee which had a cinnamon sweetness to it, delicious, and one if the round bread rolls ,that are everywhere, served with a small pot of local honey which was also delicious. Breakfast was served between a leisurely 9 and 12.
The only other gripe about this place is the wifi, I know wifi is a luxury but if it says there's wifi then there should be. The only place I could get wifi was in the central area if the riad and down in the breakfast area.
Downstairs in the communal area it's a traditional looking riad with beautifully carved ceilings and Berber rugs everywhere. It's dimly lit by those elegant Moroccan multicolour lights. All the staff are friendly and welcoming.
Overall, it's a cheap no frills stopover. No hot water makes it really just a one nighter.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Warwick-Woolie
Reviewed December 23, 2010

The hotel is well situated in the heart of Marrakech close to Jemma el Fna square. In the area a lot of cheap restaurants, shops and other hotels. Rooms very basic and dirty. Bed's old and the bedding was not clean. Bathroom very small - no soap or towels. These were the small animals - bugs. The rooms have no windows or air conditioning. In the summer months only helps a little fun ceiling, which stands on the table. There is no TV, no Internet . Right next door you can buy basic services - laundry and hairdresser. Breakfast is included in the price of very small-bread, butter, jam and tea. The owners of friendly, but very little contact due to the ignorance of the English language. Hotel very dirty and old - I would not recommend sleep here

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank poltramp
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Room small, extremely hot thought I would collaspe at times. There was a fan but it did not help much. Towel rail loose. Sink leaked and shower was often cold with little hot water. Breakfast not good. Room was never cleaned during stay. On last day I had an argument with manager. He asked me to pay for taxi transfers and I had already payed had to show him paperwork. I stayed in dessert one night for camel trek and manager said I would pay for the room that night s I should have left my luggage with security. I did not reliase this and was not informed at begining of stay. (So be warned) He became quite aggresive towards me and I had to tell him to calm down. He did not like this. Apart from this hotel the holiday was great.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

When we were there we were told by a native that it was expensive and we could of found cheaper but of course we paid for the convenience of booking before we went.
It was really hot when we got there and in the room you have just one fan. We just had showers before we went to sleep and even woke up in the night to shower again because of the heat. The Riad was traditional. Really cool inside but when I woke up I was covered in bites and was quite ill the next day but my partner didn't get bitten at all.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple