Les Borjs de la Kasbah
  • Pool
Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$56
$307
$458
$439
Cancelon
All reviewsan oasisroyal palacethe main squarehotel directorflower petalsfluffy towelskasbah areapool areasingle roomspa treatmentsmoroccan pancakesthe hustle and bustlemint teahotel restaurantlovely courtyardlarge bathroomguided tour
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and toddler (20 months) stayed at Le Borj at the end of February. It was a perfect stay. The Riad itself, and the rooms within, are absolutely pristine, definitely renovated for the western traveller (all the modern amenities, menus, etc.), yet it maintained an air of authentic Morrocan-ness. Rooms were HUGE and very well appointed. The pool was gorgeous, a little too cool for February, but I'm sure it's lovely in a month or so. My only tiny little niggling complaint was that the beds were very firm, but I'm used to a super soft bed at home. I certainly didn't lose any sleep though.
The British owner and family were usually onsite, to make sure things were running smoothly. They always took the time to welcome each guest personally, and to check in with them every day. Absolutely lovely people. The staff are also brilliant, willing to help you out day and night. They made a fuss over our baby, and were very accommodating. Families with well-behaved kids shouldn't hesitate to stay here, if you're looking for the non-resort kind of experience (which we were).
The location of the riad was great, located in the Kashbah, a quiet area, still inside the medina, but only about 20 min walk from the (manic) Jemma Al Fna. It's also very easy to get to the outside/ Palmerie area, with the supermarkets and bigger shops/ hotels.
Food was good, traditional Moroccan breads and eggs cooked to order for breakfast, with a diverse Moroccan and western menu for lunch and dinner.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Beautiful, peaceful, quaint, great food, excellent service. Group of 8 women all loved this hotel. No wifi in the rooms, but in common areas. Location is 10 min walk from square and other attractions. Do not try to find this hotel on your own because it's in an alley and not easily recognizeable. Great value for money, tour guides available by request at front desk, comfortable beds, great air conditioning, wonderful/loungey common areas, very clean, intimate and specialized spa experience, nice pool. Everything about this hotel says vacation and relaxation.

Room Tip: Visit the website to view pictures and make requests. Rooms bordering the courtyard sometimes get wifi signal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My friend and I spent 3 nights at this most delightful Riad in November 2013 . From the moment we entered this wonderful peaceful haven we were looked after so well by the staff The attention to detail was amazing from the decor in our rooms and the lovely orange blossom smelling products in our bathrooms to the amazing breakfasts Beetroot and courgette yogurt was delicious and fresh juices and fruits were in abundance Spicy omelettes home made breads and dried fruits were just some the choices available which made breakfast a mouth watering experience . We were lucky to have such glorious weather and so after the hustle and bustle of the souks we could lie in the.sunshine around the roof top swimming pool and order drinks and snacks or have a massage in the spa My daughter and her boyfriend have just returned on my recommendation and they too had a marvellous time - I can't wait to return

Room Tip: I requested a single room but had the luxury of being put in. 101 which was a sumptuous small double
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have just returned from visiting Marrakech for the first time.. As a single female I was a little apprehensive visiting Marrakech on my own.
Les Borjs staff were so helpful and supportive .. Initially the friendly complementary taxi from the airport to the warm welcome when I arrived at the hotel to the with Moroccan mint tea and cakes in the courtyard with the peacefulness of a small fountain, coolness and quiet.
I had booked a small twin room which was in a small courtyard with 2 other rooms .. quiet, peaceful and whilst on the ground floor I felt extremely safe and at ease.
I booked half board and the food was great I am a vegetarian and there was a different vegetarian dish every evening .. wonderful.

The hotel booked a guide for me who was fantastic and I would strongly recommend and got talking to other guests who were very impressed with the excursions the hotel had to offer.
I would recommend the Hammam and massage as well ... and I floated back to my room so relaxed after having them ... the pool and sauna were wonderful too.

The hotel is situated where it is easy to get to the main attractions ... situated in a nice area of the medina easy to get to about a 10 min walk from Jemaa el Fna. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Email the hotel before you go with what your requirements are ... they are more than happy to cater for your needs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BekiDV
Reviewed February 18, 2014

So much better than a large chain hotel! When you enter the riad it is a haven of peace amongst the (enjoyable) craziness of Marrakech. Very welcoming staff, restful atmosphere, excellent value spa treatments. Loved the breakfast selection. Great location. Didn't need to resort to taxis in the 5 night stay. This might not appeal to everyone. . But. ... free wifi that was accessible everywhere I tried within the hotel.
I will return to this one.

• Stayed: February 2014