“I highly recommend this hotel/riad to stay at !!!”

Les Borjs de la Kasbah
Ranked #37 of 495 Hotels in Marrakech
Malmo, Sweden
“I highly recommend this hotel/riad to stay at !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have just returned from visiting Marrakech for the first time.. As a single female I was a little apprehensive visiting Marrakech on my own.
Les Borjs staff were so helpful and supportive .. Initially the friendly complementary taxi from the airport to the warm welcome when I arrived at the hotel to the with Moroccan mint tea and cakes in the courtyard with the peacefulness of a small fountain, coolness and quiet.
I had booked a small twin room which was in a small courtyard with 2 other rooms .. quiet, peaceful and whilst on the ground floor I felt extremely safe and at ease.
I booked half board and the food was great I am a vegetarian and there was a different vegetarian dish every evening .. wonderful.

The hotel booked a guide for me who was fantastic and I would strongly recommend and got talking to other guests who were very impressed with the excursions the hotel had to offer.
I would recommend the Hammam and massage as well ... and I floated back to my room so relaxed after having them ... the pool and sauna were wonderful too.

The hotel is situated where it is easy to get to the main attractions ... situated in a nice area of the medina easy to get to about a 10 min walk from Jemaa el Fna. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Email the hotel before you go with what your requirements are ... they are more than happy to cater...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank BekiDV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

So much better than a large chain hotel! When you enter the riad it is a haven of peace amongst the (enjoyable) craziness of Marrakech. Very welcoming staff, restful atmosphere, excellent value spa treatments. Loved the breakfast selection. Great location. Didn't need to resort to taxis in the 5 night stay. This might not appeal to everyone. . But. ... free wifi that was accessible everywhere I tried within the hotel.
I will return to this one.

• Stayed February 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Just spent a long weekend at Les Borjs and enjoyed the experience immensely! Selected and booked for me as a birthday treat by my daughter who also enjoyed the trip. We loved our suite on the 1st floor which was a dual aspect room with a view of the pool on one side and a small courtyard on the other - lots of sunshine pouring in at both ends of the day! The bed was very comfortable and the shutters, lamps and curtains created a very snug atmosphere indeed in the cooler February evenings. We ate in the hotel each evening and the food was delicious and varied with lovely waiting staff, always keen to please with a ready smile. (Unfortunately we weren't able to enjoy the half-board rate as we strayed from the tabled'hote in error). The breakfasts were also excellent with lots of tempting Moroccan treats (which we had to try!) and the added bonus of finishing at 10 am which allowed a lie-in! Great. The hotel is in walking distance of the main square and souks and I would recommend an early trip in a horse and carriage, booked via the hotel, which allowed us to orientate ourselves within the city, ready to return to our favourite areas. (It also confirmed that staying within the walls of the Medina is the very best!) Our driver actually managed to take us through part of the souk area which was amazingly tight and caused us to breathe in very tightly! We had some excellent treatments in the spa with great massages. I would highly recommend Les Borjs which is beautifully restored and created with a fabulous, tranquil atmosphere in a very lively city. Just gorgeous!

Room Tip: Book a suite - lovely!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Our warm welcome, the helpful and friendly staff, the facilities were all superb, better than other 5 star hotels I have encountered on business travel! Our bedroom was beautiful and the courtyard does create a beautiful oasis of calm in hectic Marrakech. We went to the Atlas Mountains on a day trip organised by the hotel and it was well worth the drive to experience more of the Moroccan countryside and local culture. The spa treatments were lovely, thank you Ladies. We would most definitely recommend and hope to return. Thank you to all the staff for making my husband's birthday weekend so special.

Room Tip: Suite room 205
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

For SPA in Marrakech, we had the best experience at this spa, ask for Hasnah, she is an amazing masseuse, great spa and very quiet. The ryad is the old Kasbah behind the royal palace so very safe, the architecture is traditional, service supper good.

Room Tip: back court yard by the pool
1 Thank Jyt1969
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

A real gem giving peace and tranquility which is what we were looking for in our holiday. After a couple of days we were moved to a suite which was superb - the attention to detail and the petals left on the bed each day were amazing.The staff were all very efficient but also had time to stop and talk. The pool area and rooms around the courtyard were a pleasant contrast from the hustle and bustle in the medina. Tom and Francoise made us very welcome and again found time to stop and talk - very hands on. The only thing which would have been better would have been to have the evening meal in the larger dining area - I assume this is used more later in the season. Carole & Alex Smith Solihull

Room Tip: The suite we had was both spacious and comfortable with a large bathroom and shower room
1 Thank Carole H
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had a lovely large room which was clean and comfortable. I was expecting a fireplace but in fact the reversible air conditioning unit was very effective in keeping the room warm enough on the chilly January nights. Breakfasts were very good and we enjoyed the one dinner we had in the hotel, although the restaurant room is long and narrow and a bit cramped.
Location is a good compromise, being in the Medina and so within walking distance of most of the sights but in a reasonably quiet road.
A few little niggles: we had quite a wait - at least 20 minutes - for our welcome drink. Maid service was a bit erratic: on the third day our plate of fruit disappeared from our room along with our spare bar of soap. And we didn't get much guidance about where to go and what to expect in Marrakesh which we understand other riads offer. The staff were very friendly and willing to please, but overall there didn't seem to be anyone actually managing the place.

1 Thank SonodiLondra
Wyeman, Owner at Les Borjs de la Kasbah, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Whilst glad to hear that this reviewer appreciated the hotel and the room allocated, I feel it necessary to redress the balance as regards her comments on service. This is an aspect of the hotel on which we pride ourselves and the 5 star rating for it from previous visitors speaks for itself. Apart from the reference to the delay in receiving the welcome drink (an unexpected little bonus, for most) and the removal of the fruit bowl on the third day (perhaps because the fruit had been largely consumed already or had not been and was getting past its best), it is unclear where service standards fell below par. Our dining room is indeed small (it has capacity for about 18 covers) but for most of the year we mainly use the adjoining restaurant patio, with space heaters when necessary, which is covered by a sliding roof. I do not understand why it is suggested that guidance about Marrakech, excursions etc can be difficult to obtain ("guidance that one can get at most riads" being a sweeping assertion I would question) because this is an essential part of the job of our Receptionists who are local and knowledgeable and delightful!. I wonder whether this reviewer actually asked the right people for information because, had she done so, I have no doubt at all that she would have received every assistance. As to the 'personal touch' reference in the headline, I would simply refer the reviewer to other comments about this aspect of Les Borjs de la Kasbah. I rest my case!