“Absolutely Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Marlow, UK
“Absolutely Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

What an amazing hotel - I literally don't have a single negative thing to say about the hotel!

There is a lot of hustle and bustle in the roads around the riad but once you walk through the door, it's like you've entered a little oasis of calm! The receptionist showed us to a beautiful courtyard and offered us mint tea and pastries whilst our luggage was taken to our room.

Apart from the riad being beautiful, clean, calm etc.etc., the one thing that stood out for me were the staff. Without exception they were so incredibly happy, helpful and kind - nothing was too much trouble. I would go so far as to say that the service we received there was the best I've ever had anywhere.

We ate in the restaurant a few times and the food was really tasty and breakfast was incredibly and I'm only sad that my stomach couldn't manage all the food I actually wanted to eat.

I would highly recommend this riad - you will not be disappointed. We didn't want to come home!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Stuart-n-Cat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Hi, Spent some time here, wish it was longer, as this is one of the best hotels we have stayed at. We were meet with a warm welcome with mint tea ans Moroccan pastry's which we enjoyed in the centre of the riad. The riads centre was set with the traditional water fountain and rose beds, just setting there was so peaceful you don,t here anything of the hussel and bussel that's going on just outside. The rooms are just fantastic. They are set out in the traditional Moroccan style with a bit more luxury thrown in for good measure. The pool area was very clean and was set with sun beds and tables. There was also a great pool side snack bar. The restaurant was set out in a court yard style. The food was lovely with a good range of French & Moroccan dishes. The was alot to chose from at breakfast as well, in fact the best choice we have seen in all the places we have stayed at. We meet the owners during our stay, they were just lovely warm friendly people who were dedicated to ensure your stay with them was memorable. In fact all the staff were great and very helpful. This place is a must, i would encourage everyone just to pop on a plane to Marrakesh and stay here as its a great place to relax and recharge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank simon r
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed for four nights recently at Les Borjs and I can safely say it was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. There was a problem with our booking (caused by our agent, not the hotel) but they went over and above to sort this, upgrading us to a suite and giving us a free night - none of wehich they had to do. Our room/suite was beautiful, the hotel is peaceful and secluded, tucked in a street away from the madness of the medina. During our stay all of the staff we encountered were very helpful and so friendly, we used the spa, enjoyed the cookery class, ate dinner here one night and lazed by the pool and the same team worked tirelssly to make our stay comfortable and enjpyable. I cannot praise this hotel highly enough and would reccomend to anyone who is planning to visit this amazing city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ben W
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The photo's match reality: well maintained & attractive. The staff are absolutely delightful: attentive without being intrusive, responsive, charming & helpful. The pool is quite small, but clean & a Godsend in the heat, the bar is good & well staffed. The rooms are clean, well equipped & attractive. The only possible criticism is that due to the architecture with the doors fitted to the outside of the wall mine wasn't very sound proof, but it is traditional and picturesque. Position: a good distance from the centre which means it is quiet. Food: Very good.

I hope mamon enjoys the roses :)

Ruth

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ruth H
Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This 'riad' experience was priceless! There is nothing about going to a fantastical place and have even better accommodations. The women at the front desk are the sweetest and so delightful, not to forget very resourceful.
With our arrival, they seated us in the courtyard and served us Moroccan tea and cookies while we waiting for them to check us in and gather room keys! That was the best, nothing like after a long travel, resting out on a beautiful courtyard, sitting in comfy and cushioned sofas to enjoying tea and cookies :-)

My room was so adorable. The sizing was perfect with closet space, nice sized bathroom, a/c unit, and some really nice accessories in the room. I enjoyed the doors and of course the windows! I wish I could've bought some to bring home!

The ladies at the desk helped us arrange a guide and a tag-along guide as well, also where ATMs were and the best places to get some awesome buys. The Riad was walking distance from many main things and elements of Morocco, especially Jmaa el fma square, the Jewish Quarter, etc. You can easily find your way after getting lost a few times! lol

I had the pleasure of eating lunch and dinner and the dinner was the best Lamb tangine I experienced my whole trip! The tangia was splendid, full of flavor and tender as it could be! I fell in love at first bite. I then decided to take their cooking class they offer and I am so glad I did. The chef was a pleasure learning with and we made him laugh dearly by trying to repeat his French for ingredients! We had a blast and learned so much. He taught us how to prepare lemon chicken tanginess, milk pastille, the moroccan salads, french, native tongues of Morocco, how to prepare the Moroccan style tea, and so much more!

The Hammam spa was an experience...I never been scrubbed like that in my life and I loved it! The steamy room calms you and you forget you are completely nude for the most part, but believe it or not, the roughness of scrubbing is enjoyable. The ladies was fun! We shared some laughs, but I love to share laughs with people because I am a little silly :-)

I enjoyed my stay and would go back and stay a complete isolated day at the riad sharing time laying by the tranquil pool, partake on a massage and scrub, a few drinks at the bar, surf the web out in the courtyard, day-dream, eat, sleep, eat, walk around gather my thoughts and just embrace all that Les Borjs de la Kasbah has to offer, and it's a little bit of heaven!
By the way if I have a daughter I will name here Miriam :-)

Room Tip: Anywhere!! You can get a personal patio with the deluxe, but everywhere is blissful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel is in a fantastic location. You just walk outside and you are in the centre of the Medina. No need to get a taxi. The hotel staff are incredibly warm and friendly, in fact it is the genuine hospitality of the staff which make this hotel so special. This was my fifth visit to Marrakech and I would definitely book this hotel again. The rooms were very spacious as were the bathrooms. We were given rooms for my daughters right next door to each other which was very convenient. One negative was that the bed was very hard for us, but I think this is just a matter of personal preference. It was also great to have a decent sized pool in such a central location. I think it was good value for money and the breakfasts were also very good. A definite thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I can't rate this hotel more highly. From the moment we set foot in there, we were treated with such warmth and hospitality. The staff are wonderful, especially Fatimah. It is in a brilliant location because it is away from the direct hustle and bustle of the Jamaa square, yet only a 10 minute walk away from it all! Staying in the old city is also a really unique experience that I would recommend. We stayed in room 202 which is a suite. It was gorgeous. Not good for people who don't like steps as there are 3 steps leading up to the bed. Everyday there were fresh rose petals sprinkled on our bed and around the room. Totally gorgeous.

A slight smell of drains came from the bathroom in the late afternoon but this was completely understandable - it was 46 degrees when we went!

This is also one of the only hotels/riads that has an outdoor pool (as opposed to a plunge pool that is shaded). The pool has a handy sitting area around the shallow end so you can sit happily in the water to your hearts content.

Only thing I would say is that it took quite a long time to get our food when sitting around the pool. For example between 30 - 60 minutes. Actually, if you take this into consideration and order in good time, it is no problem at all. Just bare this in mind.

We attended the Moroccan evening which was fun - great food, music and a belly dancer.

There is a spa on site that does not charge through the roof. I went twice because of this fact.

We happened to pop to Essaouira for a few nights and when we returned we had a day to spend back in Marrakech. The manager went over and above to help us out. Even though we had not paid to go back, they offered us a room for the day at no extra cost and let us use the facilities as if we were guests again. Honestly it was fabulous and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We loved our suite, room 202
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple