Les Borjs de la Kasbah
$152
$148
Travelocity
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$233
$217
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsan oasisroyal palacethe main squarehotel directorflower petalspool areakasbah areasingle roomspa treatmentsthe hustle and bustlemoroccan pancakesthe staff were extremely helpfulhotel restaurantmint teasaadian tombslarge bathroomlovely courtyard
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Les Borjs is a beautiful building whose architecture is that of an old rich man's house in the centre of Marrakech. All thge staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the foot massage I had in the spa was wonderful!

Breakfast was fantastic - especially the choice of local pancakes!! My only criticism would be that one out of the two meals we ate at the hotel was of apoor standard but, when this was pointed out, I was only charged half price for the whole meal.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janet W
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We loved the design and decor of this beautifully converted riad. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and the food excellent. Lots of plants, shade or sun and a great pool area. We went in mid-February and it was warm and sunny. A good place to stay in Marrakech within easy walking distance of all the sights and fun of the city. Not to be missed. Linda & Ronald, Bedford, UK

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have just returned from 4 nights in this lovely Riad and I heartily recommend it. Our room was large, clean and had a huge comfy bed and very spaceous bathroom. The pool area is a really nice addition and the staff are so friendly and welcoming. Both my partner and I have travelled pretty extensively and I can honestly say that we were charmed and delighted by both Les Borjs de la Kasbah and by Marrakech itself and would recommend the location and this Riad for a romantic long weekend of winter sun and relaxation.

Room Tip: We had a superior double overlooking the central courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Penjn
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I visited Borjs de la Kasbah for 3 nights to celebrate her birthday after making a last minute booking with Expedia. The reviews here on Tripadvisor helped me to choose and I have to say I was in no way disappointed by this excellent and charming small hotel.

We arranged for the hotel to pick us up from the Airport (for a price of 15 euros) and we were taken right to the door of the hotel which is in the Kasbah area of the Medina (the old town). The outside is very unimpressive but once you step through the doors off the noisy street you enter an oasis of charm and calm. We were greeted by friendly staff who invited us to have some mint tea in the courtyard whilst we waited for our room to be prepared. The courtyard is beautiful and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

We were then shown around the hotel and then taken to our room. We had booked a suite and arrived at room 202 which has a private balcony which overlooks the outdoor restaurant area. The room itself was excellent. Sofa, chairs, satellite TV, minibar then up a level to the bed and a great en-suite with bath and shower. There were flower petals on the bed and spread around the bathroom. There was a bowl of fruit and complimentary water. The room was very clean and very comfortable. Very quiet at night and complete with heating which is useful as it can get a little chilly at night in January (even though daytime temperatures were 28C).

The hotel has a lovely heated outdoor pool and a spa (which sadly we did not get around to using so cannot comment).

The hotel also has beautiful outdoor areas in Moroccan style. There is an internet area and you can pick up wifi in most of downstairs area including the restaurant - but not in the rooms.

There is also a bar, which you often will not get in a Riad - so an added bonus.

Breakfast was great, with a choice of fruits, cereals, bread, homemade yoghurt. You could also have eggs, omelettes etc and a selection of Morrocan pancakes cooked to order.

We did eat in the restaurant twice. Even though the food was very good I would say that this was the weakest aspect of the hotel as it was not up to the standard that the website had led us to believe. However, the service was good and the environment was lovely.

From the hotel you can walk to the Jemaa el Fna square within about 10 minutes. This is a very safe walk (as long as you don't get run over by a moped). If you are feeling adventurous you can also get there via the maze of small passageways of the Kasbah by just entering the passage directly opposite the hotel. So the position of the hotel is ideal - you are in a quiet corner of the Medina but within an easy reach of all the action.

The staff were always very helpful throughout. Always available to answer any questions. All spoke good English.

If I ever go back to Marrakech I would definitely go straight back to the Borjs del le Kasbah as I do not believe you could do much better.

Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: Room 202 is one of the few suites - a very nice room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went to this hotel for 3 nights to celebrate my 50th birthday and was not disappointed. We stayed in a suite which was lovely, spacious and very luxurious. There was a bowl of fruits in the room on arrival. I slept very well even though the hotel is in the Kasbah area as there was no noise at all coming from outside. The hotel is very tastefully designed which made me feel very relaxed after spending a day walking around the Medina. The staff very very nice and very attentive to our needs. I would definitely return to this hotel if I ever go back to Marrakech.

Room Tip: Room 202 is a very nice suite
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple