See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 14, 2016

We have lodged in Riad Ifoulki for some days and we have enjoyed a very nice experience. Peter and Momo (as well as Ibrahim and Mohamed) were extremely polite and friendly. They took care of everything and helped us in every single detail we needed, making us feel at home. Momo even organized some excursions for us. In one of them we visited Ait Ben Haddou, a wonderful place, and we had a very good driver and guide named Zacarias. The Riad was very beautiful and just ten minutes walk from the famous Square Fna. Rooms were huge and furnished preserving its charming arabic style. Food was also delicious and they allow you to order breakfast on their top floor terrace, which has fantastic views.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank lewis g
Reviewed January 15, 2016

I loved staying at the Riad ifoulki. It is right in the centre of town. The Djemaa El Fna is in 5-10 minutes walking distance. The staff is extremely friendly and give you good advice what to see and do. If you like you can even eat there in the evening. They make a very authentic moroccan dinner. Delicious.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2015

We arrived in Marrakech having had a great stay in Essaouira but were completely blown away by the relaxed warm welcome we received by Peter, Moumo, Mohammed and the team. Not only did they take a personal interest in which of their many fabulous rooms would suit our needs best (giving us a family suite) but as our son and daughter are musical, Peter gave them free reign to use the pianos, harpsichord and guitar he had in different rooms. We dined with Peter and his other guests from Germany on both evenings and enjoyed beautiful food and amazing company - we had a truly intimate experience and will definitely go back to catch up with Peter et al again soon.

Room Tip: Leave it to Peter to select what he thinks will suit you best :)
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank TheTours
Reviewed June 16, 2015 via mobile

Peter, the Danish patron (in town since40 years) and his staff have created an oasis in the middle of a tumultuous city. They host mostly German guests, it seems, but French and English language skills allow for broader audience, too.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2015

This place is amazing. However, if you are into being swindled, then this is definitely the place for you. Peter and his son (Momo?) run the place. They hammams are overpriced and honestly not worth the invasion of privacy and uncomfortable treatment - being slathered in oil and rubbed vigorously by a man (I am a woman!). Upon leaving, we had to settle our bill. Momo ran my credit card and claimed my card wasn't accepted and we would need to go to the ATM to retrieve the cash. My friend offered to use her credit card. All-in-all our credit cards were ran maybe 3 times a piece. Since the cards didn't work, we went to the ATM to obtain the cash to pay for our stay. Later in my trip, I checked my bank statement and discovered that I had been charged 3 times (over $300 USD) by Riad Ifoulki!!! My friend's card had been charged 3 times too! We had already paid Momo in cash for our stay as well!!! This was such a nightmare. We had to try and resolve it with Momo (and he tried to Western Union us the money while we were still on our trip) and file disputes with our credit card companies. Eventually, the money was refunded by Momo to our credit cards, but still a headache nonetheless. I'm not sure how many other people this has happened to, but if we hadn't been persistent and made various threats (!) I am sure we would have never received our refunds.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends