“A little bit of heaven in the midst of a bustling exciting city”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riad Villa El Arsa

Riad Villa El Arsa
Worcestershire
“A little bit of heaven in the midst of a bustling exciting city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

If I was to write an article on 'The Hidden Gems of Marrakech' this would certainly be near the top of my list. Within spitting distance of the hustle and bustle of one of the most historical and eye catching cities in that part of the world and hidden behind thick walls is Riad Villa El Arsa. This stylish and peaceful riad has been beautifully and stylishly decorated and traditionally furnished. We opted to dine in the riad for one of our six nights there and Simo and Fatima, who are always on hand fo offer help, guidance and delicious breakfasts, presented us with a wonderful meal on a lamplit, rose strewn table. Both these members of staff are unobtrusive but always seemed to be available to advise us - Marrakech can be a confusing place on your fist visit! I can't recommend El Arsa highly enough and have already booked our next visit.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

We booked this riad on the basis on the many positive feedback from other visitors and we were not disappointed! We were advised to book Room One, which was ensuite and had a fireplace within the room with a gorgeous colourful painted ceiling, The riad was cool and very well hidden amongst the maze of small alleys which covered the heart of old Marrakech but we felt safe and well looked after throughout our stay. Breakfast is usually served downstairs in the enclosed courtyard (which had a lovely plunge pool) but on certain days we had the whole of the roof terrace to ourselves for breakfast! The staff were helpful and very friendly - we were rather unwell on our last day there but we were allowed to stay on in our room until it was time for us to leave to catch our flight that afternoon, which was greatly appreciated!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
London at the moment
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

This is one of those times where you don't want to let everyone in on what you enjoyed so you can keep it secret and have it all to yourself, but in the spirit of good business, I have to tell one and all about this place.

I have just come back from a 5 day break in Marrakech and the Riad was the main highlight of my trip.

Right from the time I got there, to the time that I left, it was almost as if you were staying with family

My transfers were organised by the Riad, and so was breakfast, and dinner on a couple of occasions. The staff were friendly, beautiful people, who made sure we were looked after at all times.

The owner was very accommodating, even offering to help out with money issues, when my ATM cards wouldn't work.

Staying here during Ramadan also meant that we were able to observe some of the cultural practices.

Our room was lovely, with air conditioning, and a lovely bathroom with great water pressure.

The Riad was close to town, though I did get lost, but not to worry, as one phone call and I was found by the staff.

If I HAD to complain about something, it would be that the stairs aren't all the same size, or that I had trouble unlocking the door, but seriously........

Definite value for money, even after settling the bill and leaving a tip.

So now I have let my big mouth go, and the cat has been let out of the bag. Makes Marrakech one of my favourite places to stay now.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

i booked a holiday for me my friends after reading the good and bad reviews .don't be fooled by the good reviews as this riad is the pits (disgusting hotel not enough sunbeds No sunshades the small pool area is never cleaned and the rooms smell) the team dont do hard work just watching TV and playing games online .....not again

Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank susaneane
Riad V, Propriétaire at Riad Villa El Arsa, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
hello, we understand your anger and your comment to inform future visitors to Marrakech ... However, note that the Riad has changed ownership last February and that so much has changed since ... Villa El Arsa is a real guest house and we want a warm, comfortable and useful ... we think we have succeeded in reading the comments that our visitors leave since that time, words of thanks to our guest book and already made ​​recommendations to their friends.
Also, we even offer to pick you get an idea by yourself by offering to come and stay free for a week.
See you soon, maybe.
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2009

I stayed at this riad for two nights with friends and we had a very pleasant, comfortable experience. It is conveniently located near the main square (thought don't try to find it without help). The staff was a little absent but they provided everything we needed. In general it was good value for a simple, clean place to stay though it did have a couple amenities (wireless and wine available to drink on the roof) that we missed at other places that we stayed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Suffolk, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2008

The Riad villa el arsa is absolutely amazing! It is hard to believe that behind the wooden door in the medina lies such a beautiful property.

The central courtyard with plunge pool is absolutely beautiful, particularly at night if you ask the staff to provide a meal - table covered with rose petals, candles around the room, Moroccan music.

The rooms are beautiful, very Moroccan, but with western ideas of luxury, such as en suites and air conditioning. The roof terrace is a lovely setting for breakfast and sunbathing, although the stone staircase down is a bit of a challenge after a couple of bottles of house wine!

However, the crowning glory of the Riad is the staff. Simo, the manager, is perfect - always available, kind, attentive, full of good advice, and will always help beyond the call of duty, particularly when Easyjet lost a case and he went the next day to get it for us, and when I left my sunglasses in my room on the last day and he came to the airport to deliver them to me!

The position of the Riad is perfect - within 5 minutes' walk of the central square, through tiny alleys giving a true and exciting picture of everyday Moroccan life. As five women on our own, we felt unthreatened, and that the Moroccan people were genuinely friendly and helpful.

We all hope we will be able to return to Morocco and stay in the Riad Villa el Arsa again.

• Liked — Setting and staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2008

A friend and I stayed for four nights in May 2008. We had a room with three single beds which was really lovely. The roof terrace is spacious and a great place to watch the sun go down over a beer. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location just a short walk from the square.

• Liked — Roof terrace, location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends