Riad Zara
Riad Marianis(Marrakech)
Riad Dar Thalge(Marrakech)
Riad Menzeh(Marrakech)
  • Pool
All reviewsbab aylenmodern amenitieswonderful roof terracethe perfect hostdesert tourjemaa elbusy medinabeautiful oasisvisiting marrakechmoniquesquaremoroccoriadalleyraidlaundryguide
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I keep coming back to Marrakech and... Moniques oasis in Marrakech. I love to stay in Riad Zara and if in anyway I can persuade you that this is where you should stay let me try.

Most important Monique makes it a RIAD - you're in a home with the kindest host possible. When you come back from your adventures in the medina you'll hear a ringing "bonjour" and Monique greets your return. Homely breakfast and wonderfull cooking for a dinner in peace and quiet - maybe you'll want to dine on the terrace with the spectacular view of the medina.
Secondly it's an oasis of peace and beauty - traditional and original, with the mosaics, the woodwork and craftmanship in the rooms.

You're in the true medina with morrocan life circulating as you step out from the riad, getting busier and busier as you approach the Place Jama el Fnaa. I've had nothing but friendliness from the locals around riad Zara, and impressions for all of your senses - just don't loose yourself in staring at the donkey so that you'll miss the moped comin from behind.

Let Monique organize a trip to the mountain. She'll take you safe and happy to a view and a lunch that will stay in your heart forever. We did it and sat on Ibrahims terrace with the sun in our face, the snow on the mountain in our eyes, wonderfull food in our bellies, the sound of the Berber children playing below in our ears and a feeling of being blessed by it all.

As you might sense, I like Riad Zara and Monique very much! and I truly would like you to feel as good and happy as I allways do when staying there!

Love and happyhorses on the trails!
Truels

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Riad Zara is amazing, the place is decorated with great taste in an authentic Morrocan style. The rooms are very clean. Monique is very nice, and helpful and she helped us to organize an unforgettable trip in the Atlas mountain to visit a Berber village. The experience was a five star one. Murad is a combination of nice, helpful, handy, discreet, proud and excellent cooker that only an Berber man can be. Iala cat is the most beautiful cat I ever meet. We all loved her. Please consider at least one dinner in the Riad, the food is great and Murad is an excellent cooker. Be aware also that the Riad is placed in a part on Medina, where the Moroccan families are living their lives, so you will have an authentic holiday but the time to reach Jena el Fna piazza is 20-30 min. I would prefer if Monique will considered included in the services small costs like a phone call to book a table in a restaurant (12 DHR per call, app 1 euro:)), but that didn't spoiled our incredible holiday and I still recommend from all my hart Riad Zara.

Room Tip: All the rooms has access to the interior garden, so the view is equally beautiful but if the are some noises in the garden you can hear them perfectly from your room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband, daughter, daughter's friend and small son, and I stayed for a week at this Ryad, which we found to provide excellent accommodation with good food and friendly and helpful staff. The Ryad is tucked away in the Medina and is, initially, a bit difficult to find, but we came to enjoy returning to it in the late evening when the whole area comes to life, small stores open and the local people are out on the streets. We never at any time felt other than relaxed and quite safe on the streets of the Medina. We have no hesitation in recommending Riad Zara to anyone who wants to experience Marrakech away from the tourist track in clean and comfortable surroundings.

Room Tip: The rooms are all of similar quality but because of the structure of the riad, they do tend to be quite dark, although the doors open onto a balcony which provides extra light.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2011

What a lovely place! Riad Zara is tucked away down an alley about a 15 minute walk from Djemaa el Fna. The walk to the square is an amazing experience as you pass narrow alleyways, people, shops, noises, lovely smells of food cooking, more people and take in the experience of being in Marrakech. Monique is a great host who gave us lots of tips about the city and beyond. We stayed in 2 different rooms during our stay - both very different, both very well furnished and a pleasure to be in.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Forgot to write a review directly after my stay with Monique. Remembered now because a friend is traveling to Morocco and asked for any recommendations. Riad Zara of course was at the top of the list. My girlfriend and I stayed here for about 5 days in July. Marrrakech is a great place, and though it was very hot at that time of the year our stay at Zara could not have been better. Monique is the best on all levels.
Stay here. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple