Riad Al Massarah
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Marrakech
See available hotels
Riad Bahja(Marrakech)
L’Hotel Marrakech(Marrakech)
Riad Asna(Marrakech)
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
Riad Morgane(Marrakech)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsowners michaelroof terraceatlas mountainsamazing hostsplunge poolmint teaa great place to stayyogurttaginemain squaremichelhammamriadmedinamoroccocarminaguide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2010

My partner and I came here as a side trip from the UK in December (we are from Sydney, Australia) - a short break while spending xmas in the UK with family. What an oasis in the heart of this amazing medieval city. We chose to stay here based on all the wonderful reviews on trip advisor and it surpassed all our expectations. Michel and Michael were brilliant, they could not have been more welcoming and helpful, making our stay in Morocco a wonderful experience. Highly highly highly recommended! Lizzie & Stu

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Don't get me wrong with the title comment. Riad Al Massarah is first class in every way, shape and physical form. However the really distinctive thing is the people - Michael, Michel and all of their team are endlessly helpful, friendly and hospitable. Restaurant bokings - can do, train tickets - can do, teenage son wants jeans fixed - can do, teenage sons want to come in at 3.00am from night out - no problem ( yes we are sorry about that !!). And then of course there is the chef - he ought to be tied down to make sure he never leaves - an evening meal on the roof terrace with one of his creations is really something to make you think that all is well with the world.

But lets not ignore the physical side of things. They maintain the place immaculately. Michel ( and I think he is the one responsible) is one of those people who has just the right creative touch - everything is just perfect. If there was one problem with Al Massarah it is that it made everywhere else we stayed in Morocco look less favourable in comparison.

The Lee Family

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank LeeFamily01
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Very friendly and helpful staff with beautiful and unique accomodations. A great respite from the craziness of Marrakesh!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I visited Riad Al Massarah on the recommendation of a friend who had stayed there last October. This friend is quite difficult to please so I knew if it suited her it would be fine for me. I was more than delighted with every aspect of my stay. Everyone at the Riad, Michael, Michel and all the staff took lots of time to ensure my visit was a success and the things I personally would enjoy in Marrakesh would be made possible. I particularly enjoyed the exfoliation experience in the local, 16th century, hammam accompanied by one of the Riad part time helpers whose attentive and respectful manner ensured I felt like a VIP . It was very hot weather but my air conditioned room was a cool haven and the plunge pool very refreshing. Must go back !!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2010

From the moment we received confirmation of our booking we just knew this was going to be a great Riad with superb service and it was! Michael, Michel and the riad team gave us marvellous customer service from beginning to end for example restaurants and transport that we required were books and also recommendation for restaurants and shops were given when asked. Our friend had a problem with his knee whilst we were there and needed a bandage, one was organised for him in moments. We wanted somewhere to watch the Valencia F1 and the World Cup it was sorted.

Just steps from the hustle and bustle that is Marrakech, this riad is super, traditional with a modern twist; every detail in our rooms had been thought through from the cotton buds in the bathroom to the quiet air conditioning system, the rooms were spotless and nicely decorated. We took breakfast on the roof terrace daily; a slightly different breakfast everyday was great.

Michael and Michel brilliant team are a credit to them; some of the big chain hotels could do with taken a few lessons from them.

I would recommend this riad to anyone who appreciates first class service!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends