“We cant wait to come back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Assouel

Riad Assouel
Ranked #134 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Zermatt, Switzerland
“We cant wait to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed for a week at the Riad Assouel in November 2012. I really enjoyed the hotel and appreciated everything the staff did to make my stay so enjoyable. The beautifully decorated Riad, staff helpfulness, hospitality and professionalism made it a memorable stay. I have stayed in some of the 5* hotels in the city but the overall experience at Riad Assouel was even better. A real oasis of peace and calm in the bustle of the town

When I visit again there is no question that I will come to stay at Riad Assouel. I can’t wait for my next trip.

Edward

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The door opens on a scented, beautifully tiled corridor - and a smile. It was lovely to have such a restful place to return to after the souks and the main square. This is a great place to stay for a weekend look around Marrakech. The staff are absolutely great and endlessly helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Situated in the middle of the Medina and about 15 minutes walk from the main square, Jemaa El Fna, the Riad Assouel is absolutely to be recommended. One could never imagine the haven that greets the guests when entering the riad from the hustle and bustle of the Medina. The owners, Coralie & Stephan and the rest of the staff were unbelievable, they did everything to make us feel at home and make our stay something to remember.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lagoa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Not good! The room we had was very small and damp! The whole place had a damp problem during our visit. The wiring in our room was dangerous and needed looking at urgently.
The furniture in the Riads public areas is old and in very poor condition! All in all not a good stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank algarvesaint
one day closer to the tropics
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stay Here!!! you wont be disappointed. Beautiful Riad . Located in the center of the Medina very close to the souks and main square. Excellent customer service. I didnt happen to stay at this Riad but felt compelled to write the review after the owner came to my aid when I showed up on her doorstep after becoming lost in the medina . Graciously lending me her phone and allowing me to wait while my friends who had a much better sense of direction than my own came to fetch me.
Thanks Again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Very warm welcome and all best support in Marrakech.(whats important!).Nice and traditional/stylish interior-staff was very attentive and friendly!
We felt us so well in this house and will of course recommend the Assouel and the friendly managers Coralie and Stephan.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Amazing place to visit. From the minute I booked the Riad Assouel and the trip to Morocco I was looking forwrad to it. Coralie and Stepan were wonderul. I was contacted by e-mail to see if I would like an arrival pick-up - most definitely recommend this as the Riad is hidden away amongst the alleways of the Medina. I was also asked if I'd like some food on arrival - the dinner was amazing. Moroccan food with rice and fruit - perfect after lots of travelling. Help was offered as and when we needed it and as it was my daughters 21st birthday we were surprised with a gorgeous chocolate cake and singing from the fabulous staff. Coralie recommended some great places to eat hidden away near the Riad and the Medina with amazing shopping about 5 minutes away. Would totally 100% recommend staying here. Just beautiful!

Room Tip: As I was travelling with my daughter - I booked suite which has lots of space and a separte bed for...