Club Med Marrakech le Riad
$152
$147
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskids clubgarden roomroof terracegostennispalmeraieclubmedfrenchjuleskhalidretreat
Reviewed November 20, 2012

In the middle of the Palm grove, The hotel is 60 suites with either their private garden or private terrace on the roof top. The hotel is decorated with a Moroccan contemporary style. Peaceful and luxurious atmosphere.
Le Riad show a complete new way of enjoying all included package. And as far as I am concerned Club med has adapt is business model brilliantly

Hotelixir.com

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've been going to Club Med for years, but Le Riad is a cut above everything they've done before. Tucked away in the back of the main resort, it's really an oasis of calm and sophistication.
First the rooms: they're wonderful, with either a roof terrace or a small garden. Comfy beds, a coffee machine and a soft-drink mini bar.
The Riad pool is divine - deep and quiet, with bar staff to take your orders.
We nearly always took the simple lunch served here - so nice sometimes to be served rather than face another buffet. On saying that, the food in the main restaurant was always wonderful with a great choice.
You get the best of both worlds here... you can take advantage of all the activities Club Med has to offer (great tennis teachers btw) but you can escape to the peace and calm of Le Riad. And as we always do at Club Med, we met loads of fab, interesting people; it helps if you speak a little French.
Look, Five-Star Club Med is not going to match up with Five-Star Four Seasons. But the staff, led by Florian, were always friendly, smiley and always ready to say hello and help with any problems. And they try desperately hard to create a five-star atmosphere. They also work very very hard.
If I were to point out a weak link, it would be house-keeping. This was not a five-star service. A couple of times we had to ask for fresh towels and shampoo (after a couple of days). One day our room wasn't done at all - this also happened to a friend we met there. The mini-bar was rarely properly stocked up. When they got it right though, it was great, with rose petals on the bed and a turn down service.
So, thanks Club Med for another fabulous holiday. As I said earlier, I've been coming to Club Med for twenty odd years and was always the only gay in the village. It's really great to see a lot more gay couples / singles using the company. It's all-inclusive in more ways than one.

Room Tip: We took the roof terrace with a big bed and outside shower - nice views!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank newsman2008
Florent F, Resident Manager at Club Med Marrakech le Riad, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Mr Newsman ;)

thank you to have spent your holidays with us.

It was a great pleasure to have you and you partner here at the Riad and we also have a fantastic week due to your enthusiasm and you happiness.

We hope to welcome you again soon and don't forget something: the Riad is your Home now!

Warm Regards,

Florent

Reviewed April 12, 2012

From the day before out trip when Nicholas phoned us to check we were happy with arrangements to the day we left with a big bunch of Moroccan roses, we couldn't have had better service. Thank you to Nicholas,Michael and all the team for the ever present smiles and helpfulness.
Le Riad is tucked away inside the larger Club Med grounds. These are extensive with many sports activities and a spa. The weather wasn't great but we enjoyed the 9 hole pitch and putt course and the golf instruction. Our accommodation was as described and clean and with rose petals scattered on the bed every night - a nice touch! Food was of usual Club Med standard and we enjoyed breakfast and lunch served beside the pool. The setting was beautiful.
Great first time experience of Marrakech. Next time we would like a bit more sun :)

Room Tip: Would have enjoyed the roof terrace if weather had been better.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PHILAH
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Marrakech le Riad, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Great Member,

We thank you warmly for the time you took to write this great review on Trip Advisor after your stay in our Marrakech le Riad Club Med Resort. We are really pleased to see you and your partner had such a good time, and that you enjoyed the dedication and friendliness of our staff, the comfort of your room and practising golf with our well trained G.O.s!

We hope to see you again soon in one of our Resorts, hopefully next time with more sun!

Kind Regards,

Your Club Med UK Team

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I could of course have stayed in any 5* hotel in Marrakech but chose Club Med as I thought the very "raison d'etre" of their holidays was the whole "Club" thing - being included and having fun with like minded people. What a joke. From the moment I arrived, no-one could have cared less that I was on my own or made any effort to include me, introduce me to any other single folk (English or French) or care that I was having a good time. I sat on my own nearly every meal time and no-one cared. I had a thoroughly miserable holiday and was pleased to get home.
The English rep was a joke and only interested in his own good time - it took him 48 hours to introduce himself, then he excused himself from talking to me (when I was complaining about the lack of inclusion) and organised an English dinner on the Wednesday nioht - I had arrived Saturday. What use was that?
The General Manager who I complained to said it was because I was English and most of the clientelle French (why encourage English guests then?) but this was rubbish because I spoke to a single French gentleman who was so disgusted with the lack of attention, he was planning on leaving.
Yes - nice rooms, resort quite acceptable, food ok (though much better at the main restaurant - Le Riad was pretty basic/poor so why pay extra?) etc etc but that is not all one wants from a holiday.
And don't bother complaining to Club Med as I did. I waited over a month for a 2 page load of waffle which basically said "we couldn't care less about you/your experience". Plenty of "repeat French Club Med" bores without bothering about attracting new customers I guess.
Not a good experience and I most definitely won't be going on another Club Med holiday.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Mia21
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Marrakech le Riad, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your holiday experience at Marrakech Le Riad Club Med Resort.

For your information, our Marrakech le Riad Resort is a recommended Resort for couples, families and friends. Although our friendly atmosphere allows our GMs to meet people, we are afraid that we cannot ensure such meetings.

As far as the attitude of our staff on site is concerned, we were sorry to read that you found our staff to be rude and unhelpful. I can assure you that this kind of attitude is just the antithesis of what Club Med staff should personify i.e kindness, generosity and sense of service.

Kindly note that we are trying to provide as many English speaking staff as possible in our Marrakech le Riad Resot and that it is highly recommended by UK customers.
Indeed, whilst it is true that Club Med is a French company, rest assured that we are doing our utmost to satisfy our international clients.

I hope that despite your misgivings regarding your stay at the above Resort we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our company by welcoming you again in one of our Resorts in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Your Club Med UK team

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Lovely hotel in Marrakech, removed from the city, it felt like a safe place to relax and enjoy evenings.
Staff was pleasant, though really geared much more towards French patrons.
Went on tours provided through Club Med, the ATV , the Market and Essoura, which were all terrific. We would have felt uncomfortable in the markets otherwise, without a guide.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family