All reviewsclose to the main squaremodern hotelperfect locationplace to staymint teamedinabustledesertterracehoneyhammamalley
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

I arrived late evening at Riad Zinoun after many hours of travelling. From a little alley I was welcomed to the lovely covered courtyard, full of original atmosphere and decor and soon I was seated with mint tea and delicious homemade cookies while my paperwork was being processed.
I stayed in one of the bigger ground floor rooms with many cute details, but also a close to proximity to the reception. This meant that I could hear every sound going on in the reception. The riad is quite small and I was out and busy most of the time so in reality I wasn't disturbed much.

All in all this place is super charming and I loved it, but as a guest you should expect that this is a historical building, which leaves you with less comforts than in a modern hotel in the same price range (no window in your room, old electrical outlets, sound carrying etc).

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Be aware of the misleading pictures. This Riad is different from advertised pictures. We struggled to find the place as it was hidden in the back streets of souk and there is no sign whatsoever to help you locate it. The room lacked bare minimums such as trash bin, box of Kleenex or a mini fridge. Shower room was incredibly dirty with mould all over the floor and wall (see photos attached). No shower gel or shampoo in the bathroom, nothing! On the positive side the bed sheets were clean. We payed for 2 nights but room was so disappointing that we decided to leave after the first night and not get refunded for the second night.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2017

I had a very good experience in Riad Zinoun. The house is beautiful and meals are superb! (special congrats to the ladies in the kitchen!). It has a hammam that for us, was totally perfect and more than needed at our first day in Marrakech after the three days tour to the desert. I have to thank Said for his warm welcome and useful tips... he was always concerned about our fun and safety, he made us easy to dive into the medina and made us feel comfortable at home. I felt the same warmth from the whole staff, but we couldn't get to talk more because of lenguages. As I told Said, I would suggest to add a little more light to the rooms. Lamps are absolutely beautiful but they don't really help to spread the light. Not a big problem, anyway. Finally, about location: 5 stars! Once you learn the way, it's easy to reach and close to the main square. A quiet shelter in a crazy buzzy city. Good place to stay in Marrakech!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2017

Homely Riad with such wonderful but not overbearing staff. In the perfect location to access all the major sites, but as it is tucked down a side street you really are out of the way of the bustle of the souks. Lovely roof top terrace, simple but tasty breakfast of sweet and savoury pancakes, honey, jams and cheese, cake and fruit, juice and coffee/tea. The Riad staff can arrange any tour that interests you. Overall cost was good for the location and atmosphere that really lived up to our image of authentic Morocco.

Room Tip: We had the vanilla room which I believe is the smallest. It is quaint but small with a good price point for a budget traveller.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Damian H
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Good location in heart of the Medina but easy to walk to anywhere in the Medina, as long as you don't mind getting lost and then finding your way back! It's a safe place although Street and shop vendors are often very pushy and try to charge way over the correct price. We found better items and much lower prices and much less haggling when staying in Essaouira, which is about 4 hours away on the coast.
Marrakesh has something for everyone but do your own thing and don't fall for so called friendly recommendations. They all take a cut of getting tourist to go to various events. But there is so much more to see and do on your own or by comparing what's on offer if you can resist the beguiling charms of your hosts!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple