“Excellent hotel, impeccable service from staff”
Review of Riad El Mansour

Riad El Mansour
Ranked #109 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Manchester
“Excellent hotel, impeccable service from staff”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Located in the northern part of the medina, beautiful boutique hotel with very high standard, great restaurant with seating available on the top terrace. Variety of relaxing massages available on demand including gym facilities.
Top impeccable service from the staff helped to make my holiday.
cheers,
Rama

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
daveolek
Reviewed July 26, 2009

The service at the Riad El Mansour could not have been better. My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and were blown away by this Riad. The service was fantastic, as soon as you come in the door you are made to feel like you are at home. We took a Hamman the first day there and I can say I've never been cleaner. The breakfast that was prepared for you was great with jam and butter on very fresh bread along with your choice of whatever else you wanted on the menu.
Our driver, Mustafa, was a wealth of knowledge and incredibility helpful picking out a very nice Moroccan rug for us. He also took us to the Ourika Valley on our last day there and we stopped at a number of local places along the way which were a lot of fun. One night the Riad prepared an incredible dinner for us all made with fresh ingredients and it was our best meal in Morocco. Any question you had would be answered, no request was too small.

Thanks again we can't wait to come back!

Eunice & Dave

Manchester
Reviewed July 23, 2009

After reading some reviews on this site, I decided to stay at this hotel for my birthday. Booking from the UK was easy and straight forward thanks to Abdess & Wadia. Considering I was a right pain, in the number of rooms my party were going to take.

We where greeted at the airport by Aziz who waited until we got some local currency from the airport, and then took us straight to the hotel. Initially my party were a bit surprised after the complementary airport transfer, as this hotel is slightly hidden away, but where instantly converted when they saw this little Oasis. The hotel is is located within the Medina and perfect to get around once we where shown on the map by Mustapha.

The way the staff treat you at this hotel is like no other!

The staff where so accommodating, amenable, helpful and friendly, it was like living with a family member who where trying to spoiling you. We where actually told to treat the place like our home, how often does a hotel tell you that. We where shown the best places to visit, party and also gave us the best price for excursions to Atlas mountains.
They even helped one of my friends getting his spectacles to the airport (which he had forgotten) once we had checked out – Now that what you call VIP treatment.

Even though this hotel would be ideal for a couple, it catered VERY well for a party of six. This hotel made my birthday much more PLEASURABLE, if I ever go back to Marrakesh I will be looking at staying at this hotel.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO VISIT THIS CITY BOOK YOURSELF INTO THIS HOTEL!

Thanks for everything Riad El Mansour – Best Hotel in Marrakesh!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Petesss
Elche, Spain
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I have to go along with the other reviews and say that the staff at the El Mansour are just great, always helpful and cheerful. The Riad is nice and quiet, although I really enjoyed the walk through the bustling alleys around it, which gave one a real insight into the lives of the amazingly cheerful locals.
I was a bit disconcerted to find I was the only guest for the first 2 of my 4 nights there, but it was the quiet season. I ate there once and the food was fine, but being the only diner rather detracted from the experience. It was too hot to make much use of the sun terrace and on a couple of days I sought out hotels in the new town which had pools.
I ate mainly around the plaza, as I couldn't see the point in going to Morocco to eat in European restaurants. The food was always good and never cost more than 10 euros.
Marrakesh itself is a little strange, as there is not actually that much to see - the city could be done in 1 day. A trip to the nearby mountains made a pleasant change and the Berber market en route more than interesting, although not for the squeamish as animals are slaughtered in the building next to the meat market and brought straight out - still, I got some good photos of fresh goats' heads! The nights in the plaza are just great fun, seeing the snake charmers, etc, with the accompanying sights and smells all around - I went there every night.
Back to the El Mansour - it's not the height of luxury,but certainly comfortable enough - just lacking tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms (where you can't smoke either) and wifi does not work in the bedrooms.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank badcop
london
Reviewed June 30, 2009

We undertook so much research on tripadvisor trying to find the perfect romantic hotel for our anniversary.
We were certainly pleased with out decision to stay at the Riad El Mansour.
We were met at the airport as arranged by Mustapha, the hotel's driver, and the taken straight to the hotel.
We were greeted by Abdess who welcomed us as our suitcases were whisked off upstairs to our room by another member of staff.
Our room was room 2, it was on the 1st floor, the room was so pretty, lovely furniture, there was a welcome card wishing us a ‘Happy Anniversary’ and a bottle of complimentary wine.
We unpacked and were then shown around the hotel by Abdess and had an amazing orange juice, coffee and some home made Moroccan biscuits.
We had dinner at the Riad on our first night on the terrace, it was so beautiful up there. The food was the best we had in Marrakech. There was a musician playing Moroccan music while we were having dinner. It was certainly an evening I shall never forget.
Breakfast was every day on the terrace, once again, all the staff seemed so happy, all smiling and so helpful.
The one thing that stood out for us so much staying at this hotel was the service. I have never ever come across such service from hotel staff , nothing was too much trouble.
Wadi the night manager booked us into restaurants and arranged for a driver to pick us up from the hotel and to be waiting outside for us when we were ready to leave the restaurant.
It has to be said, restaurants are expensive in Marrakech, our favourite was Dar Moha.
A word of warning, avoid Nikki Beach, we went there to relax and chill out, the place was expensive, the attitude of the staff there left a lot to be desired, the music was far too loud, and the place was full of posers!
Marrakech is an exciting place, it takes your senses away.
If you are going to go, make sure you try and get booked into Riad El Mansour, it comes highly recommended by me!

1 Thank barcarat
London
Reviewed June 30, 2009

We just finished the most amazing week in Marrakech at the Riad El Mansour. My husband and I decided to celebrate our fourth anniversary in Morocco. After much debate, we chose Marrakech and then discovered through Trip Advisor a wonderful gem called the Riad El Mansour. Trip Advisor's reviews on this place were a little unbelievable until we arrived and experienced the wonderful hospitality of this hidden treasure. Our room was small, but a bit of paradise with its air conditioning and cool shade from the hot sun. The room was cleaned twice daily and always seemed very fresh. We were upgraded mid-trip for our anniversary and that was also a wonderful surprise. The riad has a small plunge pool and a small basic gym (treadmill, rowing machine, multi-flex machine and free weights), as well as two quiet reading rooms and a wonderful terrace for sunning and for taking breakfast. There is also a computer available to check email.
More than anything else, it is the people of the Riad El Mansour that make the place so terrific! From handling small questions and requests to answering larger cultural questions, the staff is very helpful! You truly feel like you are visiting friends, rather than staying at an industrial hotel. The riad is set in a local neighborhood, so lots of local color and friendly faces. You have total peace in the riad-no one disturbs you, but everyone is at your disposal. The kitchen is phenomenal and is not to be missed! We had our anniversary dinner here and it was definitely in our top 10 meals of all times! Abdess and Wadi are gracious and friendly hosts and always have a smile for you. Safa, Latifa and the other ladies of the riad are friendly and cheerful.
To put it most accurately, it is not a question of if we will come back to the Riad El Mansour, it is a question of when!!!

1 Thank WoodgieLondon
Rabat, Morocco
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I am writing this 8 months after our stay here as I got busy but never forgot the hospitality of this Riad. The staff MAKE this place exceptional. We came with our 2 children who are 5 years. Not an easy task to accomodate and they were amazing with them. They showed them around like they were their own kids. Also, Mustapha, Abdess and fatima, etc. were especially helpful with our multitude of questions of where to go, eat, shop, tour, etc. My husband and I had one of the best meals EVER there with the in-house cook. Amazing! ...and we have eaten at some of the top restaurants in Paris and NYC so that really is a compliment. Lastly, I lost my wedding ring and called after we left. They found it under the tapis ( small mat) in the room! The honesty......we were incredibly thankful and they would not take a reward or anything from us. Truly wonderful experience here. The location is in the heart of the medina. The room is small for a family as we had, but great for a couple. The breakfast was great! Very exotic settings.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family