I am sitting here back home in Scotland looking at the rain pouring down the windows and the grey clouds in the sky and wishing I was back in Riad El Mansour where it was warm and the sun shone, and I was treated so well.
I went to Marrakech for 4 days with my wife and 3 children; we had two rooms on the first floor.
Mustapha bought us from the airport straight to the hotel (around a 15 minute drive), upon arrival took our cases for us and walked us to the riad. It was a scene to remember forever, walking through the local market, seeing the produce for sale, the smells, the sights. Not to be forgotten our first impression of Marrakech!
The rooms were beautifully decorated with quality furniture and original works of art by local artists.
We arrived to bottled water, fruit and flowers in our rooms and a welcome pack.
After unpacking we met Abdell the Manager on the terrace he offered us all complimentary drinks as he told us all about the surrounding area and what to see and things to avoid!
Breakfasts were sumptuous and a menu with a choice was offered every morning with freshly squeezed Orange juice and home made yoghurts, breads, cakes, eggs, cereals and even good old British Tea!
We had lunch twice at the riad and the food was excellent, it did take a while to come but we did not mind as we know the chef went out to source the ingredients form the local market and cook it fresh. The lunches were very good value with much to eat.
We never ate dinner at the riad, but talking to other guests, we wish we had.
The riad is at its most beautiful at night with the candles lit and the peacefulness and calming aura.
I so wish I was there now and it would stop raining here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 6 bedroom hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech