After searching for so long, we decided on Riad El Mansour, what clinched it was the speed of their replies and the helpfulness from the offset.
I arranged the hotels own private car to pick us up from the airport, and was met by their own driver Mustapha who also works in the hotel on the reception.
His big smile and welcome made us feel so at home.
The staff at the hotel are never intruding, always there to offer help and advise and for a chat if you wish, their knowledge of Marrakech is 2nd to none.
Our room was on the 2nd floor, it had fresh flowers and fruit and bottles of mineral water replenished daily, Moroccan biscuits and a free sample of the Argan oil.
The Riad is situated in the ancient medina, a superb place to wonder around, we loved the area as it is was away from all the touristy parts and was close to a genuine market for locals. The famous Jemma Fna square is around a 15 minute walk away, but we went once, and was not too impressed with it. The beautiful Majorelle Gardens was only a 5 minutes walk away.
The hotel is in a quite cul de sac and very quiet, no traffic noise or people outside.
The hotel has some beautiful local crafted furniture and artwork, absolutely beautiful and unique.
We had dinner twice in our stay and it has to be said it was the best food we ate in Marrakech. The restaurants in the town are very overpriced and overhyped.
I would return to Marrakech and Riad El Mansour in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 6 bedroom hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech