Your taxi from the airport will drop you a couple of minutes walk from the riad as the lanes are much too narrow for a car. When you approach the front door you start to wonder where you are but it opens into a very attractive reception and courtyard. The owners will greet you and show you to your room, which in our case was on the first floor. We settled in and were then offered a drink and given a map and a talk about how to find things without getting lost. The bedrooms are cosy and decorated in true Moroccan style. Towels are changed daily, a bottle of water is delivered each day, and a bowl of nuts is topped up. There is a plate of small cakes/ pastries on arrival and a well stocked fruit bowl. A bunch of roses were in a vase, and a welcome card.
Breakfast is served in rooms on the ground floor, and if they are full, there are other options on the top floor. When we first arrived it was rather chilly, and it was freezing eating breakfast. We ate with our coats and scarves on. The breakfast menu doesn't change, but consists of juice, cereal or yogurt, bread and jam, and either eggs or fruit salad.
It was an extremely pleasant stay. One thing you may wish to consider is that the stairs are very steep, especially from the second floor to the sunny roof area where the sun beds are. The roads are very chaotic and busy, and it's a good 20 mins walk. However it suited our needs very well and I loved Marrakech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ghwirate Taalab Bivouac is the best Desert Sahara Hotel in Marrakech Morocco . Where you will have an unforgettable Desert experience . We offer Single Tents , Double , Triple and group Tents . benefits an unique situation to the world: precisely facing the mythical village of the Agafay Desert Situated about thirty kilometers from the ocher city, this little-known gem stretches over several hundred hectares on the first heights of the High-Atlas massif. Its arid landscapes made of stones and rocks offer an immense panorama rhythmic by white dunes whose shape and color evoke those of the Saharan dunes of Erg Chebbi. Thereis an extraordinary Saharian traditional experience sleeping in Tents under the stars . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ghwirate Taalab Bivouac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech