Girlfriend and I spent four days here over Eid (August 2013). From emails making sure everything ran smoothly for our arrival, to organising reservations for some of the best restaurant and massages I have ever had, the staff at the riad could not be more helpful.
The rooms was perfectly laid out and very clean.
The location is great... 10 minutes walk to the main square and all the sights, but at the same time, down enough back alleys that it feels like you are really seeing Marrakech.
Breakfast was amazing. It can be delivered to your room if you want, but getting out into the courtyard area is much better.
You always feel like you have the whole place to yourself, because of the limited number of rooms, and the layout of the place. Feels very special.
I work in a high stress job, and I've never felt so relaxed, so quickly on a long weekend away... definitely recommend a massage the first full day you are there.
We arrived over the most important holiday of the year, and we were worried that everything would be closed... but the staff could always tell us what was open, what wasnt, where to go, and how to get there. Local knowledge like that is invaluable when you only have a couple of days to enjoy a city.
Lastly, I was recommended this place by a friend, and likewise, I cant recommend this place enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ghwirate Taalab Bivouac is the best Desert Sahara Hotel in Marrakech Morocco . Where you will have an unforgettable Desert experience . We offer Single Tents , Double , Triple and group Tents . benefits an unique situation to the world: precisely facing the mythical village of the Agafay Desert Situated about thirty kilometers from the ocher city, this little-known gem stretches over several hundred hectares on the first heights of the High-Atlas massif. Its arid landscapes made of stones and rocks offer an immense panorama rhythmic by white dunes whose shape and color evoke those of the Saharan dunes of Erg Chebbi. Thereis an extraordinary Saharian traditional experience sleeping in Tents under the stars . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ghwirate Taalab Bivouac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech