I spent three glorious days at the Riad El Mansour (July 2-5), and I can't recommend it enough. If you want to stay in the Medina (the only way to truly experience Marrakech, in my opinion), then this is the place to stay. It's beautiful, impeccably maintained, and the employees are beyond helpful. You get the feeling that you could ask for anything, and they would make it happen.
While Riad El Mansour is difficult to find (hidden in a back alley), it's also conveniently located a couple blocks from a major taxi stand and bus station. The first day, we attempted to explore Marrakech on foot and got lost a dozen times, all while melting in the 105+ degree heat. After that, we took advantage of the nearby taxis and hopped in a cab to go wherever we needed to go. You have to negotiate the rate, and we managed to get most places for less than $5.
The breakfast (included in your stay at Riad El Mansour) is substantial and seriously delicious. We also had dinner at the Riad one night, and it was the best meal of our trip. The lovely woman who cooks is a genuine Moroccan grandmother, and you can taste the love and pride in her food.
I'm so glad we chose Riad El Mansour. I don't think our trip would have been half as special if we picked a different hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad El Mansour is a six bedroom, award winning Riad. This boutique hotel is situated a short stroll from Place Jemaa el-Fna. We offer the highest levels of service and hospitality with a Jacuzzi, Spa, Hammam and GymWe have a full time resident cook and can arrange airport transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech