Marrakech was not going to be our first choice for a holiday but we are so glad that we did choose Marrakech and the Riad El Mansour!
Riad El Mansour is on the North West edge of the Medina and if you were to form your opinion of it from the local surroundings you would have no idea what awaits you.
We were greeted by Abdess, the manager, as we got out of the courtesy transport from the airport and he led us through a few narrow streets to a black door that, when opened, led into an incredibly peaceful and beautiful haven away from it all.
Abdess explained to us in perfect English some very much appreciated knowledge that makes your stay in Marrakech much more enjoyable and stress free. He supplied us with a very detailed map of the Medina, the New Town and surroundings which is marked out by him showing the main points of interest, places to visit and eat that avoid you having to search them out for yourself.
I am not going to go into detail about the inside of the Riad as it would spoil the surprise that awaits you.
We were actually on a belated wedding anniversary holiday and to our delight the Riad's cook had made an incredible chocolate cake, the quality of which you would only find in an upmarket patisserie, and this was served to us along with the traditional mint tea on the terrace area that afternoon. We had also pre-ordered a meal for that night to save us going out for one.
Word of advice, take a healthy appetite with you as the courses are huge!
The staff of Abdess, Wadi, Nadia, Zoudia, Mustapha and the cook cannot do enough for you to make your stay as memorable as it it could be. My wife took an immediate liking to Zoudia who must be at least 65 years old and works tirelessly all day, she is a little gem of a lady!
Abdess and Wadi have encyclopaedic knowledge of Marrakech and if you have no definite plans, they can assist you with any itinenary you can think of. Nadia always has a smile on her face as she serves breakfast every morning.
Flowers, fresh fruit and bottled water are always in your room and if you are only used to supermarket fruit, then you are in for a treat as it is purchased fresh everyday. The peaches and oranges are so sweet and juicy!
Would I recommend this Riad to anyone?
I certainly would because of the perfection of service from the incredibly kind and attentive staff that it offers. I have stayed in all types of hotels all over the world and have never experienced one that leaves you feeling so relaxed and 'holidayed' afterwards.
Our thanks to Abdess and his staff for such an incredibly relaxing holiday, it would not have been the same without you all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad El Mansour is a six bedroom, award winning Riad. This boutique hotel is situated a short stroll from Place Jemaa el-Fna. We offer the highest levels of service and hospitality with a Jacuzzi, Spa, Hammam and GymWe have a full time resident cook and can arrange airport transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech