My wife and i stayed at the Riad El Mansour over the easter long weekend. From the moment we booked Abdess was in constant communication and the service was better than you would receive from a 5 star hotel. As i knew virtually nothing about Marrakech i asked Abdess for some suggestions on activities. He suggested hiring a private driver for the day (80 euros, bargain!) to take us to the Ourika Valley at the base of the Atlas Mountains. The driver (ask for Hicham if you want to do this, he's a top bloke!) is a local who is super friendly and this was easily one of the best days i've ever had on holidays. Make sure you bring some sturdy footwear and comfortable clothes to hike in as once you get to the Ourika Valley, you can go on a hike up to see some waterfalls (takes about 1.5-2hrs depending on fitness) and some of the uphill parts can be semi-challenging. We also visited a traditional berber house and had berber whiskey and some freshly baked bread with home made butter, and some honey and oil. Lunch was by the Ourika river and was excellent.
We had dinner at the Riad one night and it was amazing. Highly recommend the Pastilla and the Lamb Tangine. All the staff at the Riad were so friendly and welcoming. I cannot recommend this Riad enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 6 bedroom hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech