“Fantastic stay”
Review of Ghwirate Taalab

Ghwirate Taalab
Ranked #153 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This was our first time in Marrakech, my husband and I were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and I´m just so pleased we chose Riad El Mansour. All you read in the reviews is true, the service is fantastic, always ready to help with anything you need with a smile, the food superb, the rooms beautiful (we stayed in Room 2 and although from the photographs of the place it wasn´t my favourite one - I like bright colours and this one looked quite plain - I ended up not wanting to leave the place). There´s a complimentary big bottle of water ready for you every day, with fresh and dried fruit and Moroccan sweets. Also, they clean the room TWICE a day, something that made me feel so spoilt at the beginning as to make me feel guilty, but I did enjoy coming back to a tidy room after our afternoon/evening stroll. As an added bonus, we met one of the owners, Robert, and after 5 minutes it felt like we were old friends and I hope he keeps his promise to come and visit us in Valencia soon. All in all, a 10 in everything, and definitively this is where we´ll be staying next time we go to Marrakech. Last but not least, a big thank you to all the staff for taking such good care of us... until next time! :)

2  Thank mlaValencia

Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I just came back from our THIRD visit to Riad El Mansour. Our first visit was in 2007 for our anniversary (we selected the riad after reviewing many on trip advisor). We loved it so much that we came again in 2008 with our five children (ages 8 to 14- still their favourite trip to this day). Missing Marrakech, my husband and I decided it was time to go back and there was not even a moment we considered staying somewhere else. As before the room, the food, and most importantly the service were outstanding!! We still love the peaceful location as it is easy and quite close to all. We walked everywhere and almost never took a cab. If you want an authentic Moroccan experience, this is the place to be. We stay in many 5 star hotels when we travel and at El Mansour you will have 5 star surroundings, service and food but in the most beautiful and intimate space. We are already planning and looking forward to celebrating my 50th birthday there with friends in another couple of years!

1  Thank suzi d
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Riad El Mansour is a truly fantastic Riad. It is really clean and well decorated, a feast for the eyes, and is very quiet and peaceful. The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful, they spoke great English, and they were there all the time in case you needed a reservation for somewhere or anything else. The Riad is located in the west of the medina, about a 20 minute walk from the main square, and a 20 minute walk to the Majorelle gardens (opposite direction). It is about 5 mins from the Bab Doukkala gate to the medina, and its very easy to get a taxi anywhere from here.
On arrival in Marrakech they picked us up from the airport and brought us to the Riad, where they had an amazing dinner waiting for us. This was the only time we ate dinner there as we wanted to try out some restaurants, but the food was fantastic. Breakfast every morning was perfect, they served it at whatever time suited, no matter how late the lie-in and it filled us for the whole day until dinner.
There is nothing bad I could possibly say about the place. We had a really pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We were in Room 1 which is the only room on the ground floor, beside where people eat breakfast. It...
2  Thank cianooo
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was so pleased I chose this hotel over such a choice in Marrakech.
We went there for some sun and were not disappointed.
Our room was of an OK size (we were in Room 2 on the first floor) the amenities in the room were good such as the free water fruit etc, and the map was of good use!
There was wi fi in the room which we needed.
The breakfast certainly set us up for the day.
We did not eat dinner there as we were recommended by friends of some good restaurants in Marrakech, (all very overpriced by the way) But we did have a lubch of skewers and brioutes at Riad El Mansour for arounf £4, and extremely good and a large serving.
Allt he managers and drivers spoke perfect English and were very helpful at all times.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We had a perfect stay and can highly recomend this Riad. The service was outstanding, the staff extremely friendly and helpfull, the food excellent (make sure you try their dinner at least once during your stay). We will be coming back next year.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

We enjoyed all the special treats and complimentary transfers and the massage.

The area for us was perfect, it is away from all the touristy pap, and you see more of the local and real Marrakech. We never felt threatened and almost all of the locals, especially the children smiled at us and said ‘hello’ !

As I was supposed to be working, the wi fi in the room was much appreciated.

I found it hard to find any negatives. A lovely traditional hotel in the ancient walls of the medina.. like stepping back 400 years ago.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The hotel was wonderful, the staff would go out of there way to help you and make the holiday special, we really didn't want to leave , i would recomend this hotel to my friends

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple