Dar Charkia
La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$233
$217
1,344 results
All reviewslisa michaeldouiria suiteroof terraceshopping tipsthe hustle and bustlebeautiful riadrestaurant recommendationsatlas mountainsplunge pooldrop off pointday tripgreat hostsheart of marrakechyogurtpancakescourtyardsouks
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Lisa made us feel very welcome again, this was our second stay at Dar Charkia. Once again we found the staff helpful. The location is good for getting around walling you to dip into areas and dip out and relax on the roof terrace. Breakfast an enjoyable start to the day. We has as before good advice from Lisa on where to go and what to do. Would we go back yes we will but try a different part of the year.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JerryR52
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I traveled to Morocco for the first time with my mom in February. As soon as we arrived to Dar Charkia, we were greeted with a warm welcome by Mike and Lisa. They welcomed us with mint tea and cookies. After a long day traveling this was just what we needed. Lisa then proceeded to hand us a map of Marrakesh with all of her notes of places to visit and things to do on it then made us dinner reservations at the most amazing restaurant. This type of service continued throughout our 4 day stay. Outside of the warm staff, our room was beautiful as was the entire hotel. It was so nice to return to such a tranquil environment after a long day out and about.
I work in the hospitality industry and have been to plenty of hotels all over and I can honestly say, Dar Charkia offered some of the best service I have ever experienced. Thank you again Mike, Lisa, and your gracious staff for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 3, 2011

From first stepping into the hotel my friends and I were met with the highest standard of hospitality, friendlyness and expertise I have ever experienced at a hotel establishment. All members of the staff are always happy to help whether it is answering questions, book guides during your stay, giving helpful hints for navigating in Marrakech or what you would like to have for breakfast. I cannot imagine a more perfect location for a stay in Marrakech; you are within a maximum of 5 minutes walking distance from the main square Jamaa el Fna and right outside your doorstep are numerous shops and dining places. We perticularily loved cafe Arab which is only 2 minutes away from the hotel. The rooms themselves are the decorated flawlessly with Moroccan luxuries and it was a joy sleeping there.You truly feel that you are cared for in this little establishment. Also, the breakfast you will be served every morning is one of the most wonderful meals you will ever have in your life! When I go back to Marrakech one of the highlights will without a doubt be to repeat my stay at Dar Charkia. Imagine a hotel which is perfectly sized, perfectly staffed, perfectly located and has an incredible standard of luxury and you have just described Dar Charkia. I loved it here and was truly sad to leave at the end of our journey to Morocco. You will not regret spending you time in Marrakech based at Dar Charkia!

Best Wishes

Christina

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We stayed at Dar Charkia over New Year and had a brilliant time. The staff were delightful and Michael gave us invaluable advice on where to visit and what to see. The riad is perfectly situated in Dar el Bacha, an easy walk to the medina. We had a wonderful banquet on Hogmanay with memorable dancing! Michael and Lisa were terrific hosts.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

From the first moment when you arrive at Dar Charkia you can tell your going to be in for a wonderful stay.

We were greeted very warmly by Lisa & Michael who advised us on the best places to visit in the town. Lisa kindly marked out on a pocket of the best places to shop and where go for dinner and lunch, even where you can find the cleanest toilets. Lisa also helped with any booking of restaurants or outings.

The city is fantastic, full of character and culture. Great fun bargaining in the markets and walking round the city. I would recommend the cookery and spa day at the Villa Savinios. The cooking is basic but you get taught the basis of Morrocan cuisine. You have two teacher's who lead and you follow their instructions and cook yourself. It was really enjoyable. After that you go and get scrubbed hard and washed with olive mud, have a massage, then end the food you prepared.

The staff at Dar Charkia are all really pleasant and more than willing to help. Valentine's Day was salvaged by Rhasid, who worked in the evening, who drove me on his scooter to pick up a pizza when my wife was ill.

All in all it was a very enjoyable stay and I would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple