Dar Charkia
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$257
$161
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

$454
$367
Relais & Châteaux
La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$180
$175
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

Riad 72(Marrakech)
$152
$148
$515
1,343 results
All reviewslisa michaeldouiria suiteroof terraceshopping tipsthe hustle and bustlebeautiful riadrestaurant recommendationsatlas mountainsplunge pooldrop off pointday tripgreat hostsheart of marrakechyogurtpancakescourtyardsouks
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Although a bit hesitant at first to travel to this part of the world based on other blogs I've read, Lisa and Michael's Riad made this trip one of the most memorable and enjoyable experiences we ever had. Lisa guided us to all the right restaurants (each one-PERFECT),taking just the right tours, and basically learning how to navigate the streets and Souks of Marrakesh. At the end of our 6 night stay, we practically felt like "natives," dodging the traffic and bargaining with the locals just for the fun of it! ( By the way, that is something we never do! I am not much of a shopper, but found so many good deals, I couldn't pass them up!) The staff members were very helpful, the rooms clean, and all the people Lisa introduced us to were fabulous. We learned so much! Thanks to this experience, I recommend Dar Charkia and Marrakesh.

1  Thank Sandtravlr
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights here and what a good choice it was. It is a beautiful oasis in the midst of mad Marrakech. It is spotlessly clean and tastefully furnished. We stayed in the Sahara room which was very comfortable. The staff are excellent and take good care off you. They are always at hand to give you advice or book things for you, and when you return welcome you back. We would not hesitate to recommend Dar Charkia.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had not been to Marraketch before and, although the initial approach to Dar Chakia was a little off-putting, I really was most impressed with with the hotel and was continually impressed over the three days we stayed there. The staff are efficient and attentive, the facilities are attractive and spotless. Nothing seemed too much trouble. The initial impression was erroneous because, as I found out, everywhere in the Medina is like that and although It seems overwhelming at first you become used to it. We were not hasselled in the local area (the people are actually very friendly).
The Souk and the main square are only a few minutes walk away and the are good restaurants and cafes with walking distance. My Wife and I thoroughly reccomend Da Chakia

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Dar Charkia is a place everyone should stay !!!! , from the moment you enter through the huge wooden door you feel like you have entered into another world , the Riad is decorated elegantly with so much style , with beautiful touches everywhere its hard to say what part of it you love . The staff are outstanding with Samira heading up the staff and makes your stay with Dar Charkia the most relaxing , wonderful experience . I booked my stay 6 months in advance to avoid disappointment , my decision was purely based on all reviews on here and it measures up to what everyone says . The breakfasts were different everyday and with so much choice and available any time in the morning when you are ready , do have an evening meal here as it was some of the best food we had . Lisa and Michaels introduction meeting gives you excellent advice and everywhere they suggested was perfect , even booking 2 of our evening meals , they arrange everything from transfers to and from the airports , to the brilliant maps they provide and so much much enthusiasm on places to visit . Lisa had arranged a birthday cake and Fizz on my meal at Dar Charkia and even told the restaurants we visited ( Pepe Nero is a must !! ) so I ended up having 3 birthday cakes throughout my stay and many many renditions of "Happy Birthday " from so many staff .
I stayed in the Douriau suite which is just stunning but all of the bedrooms are yet again decorated so beautifully , next time I come I think i will try the Sahara room . Please do not look anywhere else !!!!! STAY HERE !!!
Thank you Dar Charkia for the best birthday ever ,!!

Room Tip: Douriau suite is great for 3 girly holiday of required but a beautiful romantic suite for a couple
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Conveniently located riad so that all significant places of interest within walking distance. The riad is attractively decorated showcasing all the local handicrafts. Comfortable beds and excellent bathrooms and showers. Lisa and Michael were very attentive hosts enabling us to make the most of our time in Marrakech. All of the staff were charming and helpful. The in-house meal was delicious and a first-rate example of Morroccan cuisine and the Gris wine recommended by Lisa was very good. To summarise - beautifully appointed riad, welcoming and attentive staff, great location, very quiet, excellent choice for a visit to Marrakech.