“A warm and welcoming riad.”
Review of Dar Charkia

Dar Charkia
Ranked #32 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed May 13, 2011

My wife and I immensely enjoyed our stay at Riad Dar Charkia. All of the staff, particularly Samira & Rasheed, were very accommodating to all of our needs. We were even offered a free upgrade to the suite without any additional expense.

I would highly recommend this Riad to anyone who plans to stay in Marrakech, near the Medina.

-Rodney

• Stayed: May 2011
There are newer reviews for Dar Charkia

Reviewed May 9, 2011

A wonderful week exceeding all our expectations which started with the warmest and most welcome on arrival.

The peaceful courtyard
The deilicious breakfasts
The personalised, hand noted map
The tasteful decoration, paintings and art
The suggested places to visit
The advice on where to eat
The most obliging and accommodating team of staff who answered our needs with lovely smiles

A Riad of superb taste in the Old Town .

Peter & Gill Watson of Ingleby, Derbyshire UK

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Upon arriving at Dar Charkia we found welcoming and attentive staff. Lisa, the owner gave us some helpful tips and directions about the city. The staff were attentive and friendly and the food was fantastic.
I personally didn't sleep in the hotel, I was in one just down the road. But my family had booked out the whole place and not one of them had a negative thing to say about it.
I would highely recommend the Dar Charkia

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Stayed with extended family for my mothers 80th birthday treat so we had the whole of the riad to ourselves (and another one a few doors away). Suited us perfectly. Room for people to find their own space but be together if they wanted. We had a couple of pre-planned evening meals at Dar Charkia and the food was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and Lisa (owner) was so helpful in organising an itinerary beforehand for the whole week which allowed us to savour the flavours of Morrocco but also feel like we had enjoyed a holiday and kept 18 members of the family aged from 12-80 happy! The bedrooms were beautifully furnished and Dar Charkia really is an oasis in the centre of Marrakesh. Lovely memories.for us all and thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Check out Dar Charkia website - book room by name
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Having recently stayed at Dar Charkia I can only say good things about this place. It was everything and more that what I had expected. It is an oasis from the hustle and bustle of the busy streets of Marrakech.

The food was the best we had while staying in the city and the staff's service is second to none. I went with all my family and they all have the same opinion if I was going to Marrakech again I wouldnt stay anywhere else.

Thankyou Dar Charkia!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EmilySyphas
Reviewed April 27, 2011

After being recommended Dar Charkia by my sister, i travelled to Marrakesh in April.
I had only seen the place in pictures but they don't do it justice!
The layout and decor are superb, with lovely touches and nooks and crannies to relax in.
Michael and Lisa are charming hosts, seeing that your every need is catered for, arranging anything you care to enjoy from trips to restaurants etc, making Marrakesh a much easier place to enjoy.
Their staff are also extremely friendly and attentive, happy to help with your every need.
The location, once you get you bearings is only a short walk to many of the attractions of the medina, including the souks and main square.
All in all, a terrific place to stay, i couldn't fault it!

Room Tip: The roof terrace, so relaxing!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My husband took me to stay at this riad as a surprise birthday present and it was AMAZING! We arrived late at night and we were able to pre-order our dinner that was served to us in the little courtyard which saved the trouble of finding somewhere to eat straight away (the food was delicious by the way). The riad and its rooms are absolutely beautiful with wonderful decoration and attention to detail and we felt at home straight away. We particularly loved that you can have breakfast whatever time you get up in the morning - a nice touch not found elsewhere - and the breakfast was delicious!

Lisa and Michael the owners were so helpful and pointed out the best places to eat, drink and shop which was so useful. They also made restaurant reservations for us. Michael also recommended a great barber who gave my husband the best shave he's ever had.

The location of the riad couldn't be better, only a couple of minutes walk to the souks and 10 minutes to the main square - it means that you can go out and experience the madness of Marrakech but you can quickly get back to to the peacefulness and luxury of the riad if it gets too much! Everyone was so helpful it really made our holiday easy and relaxing for us and we wouldn't hesitate to go back there again.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple