“Perfect break from pounding the streets”

Les Bains de Marrakech
Ranked #7 of 104 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
Surrey
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Perfect break from pounding the streets”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our Riad ordered suggested this and it wasn’t too close – so we walked to the square and took a taxi here for 20 dh (about £1.50). We were advised it was close but that it made an easy journey.
Fantastic and a great break after a long day walking the day before.
We had the tonic treatment – I’d suggest you book for about 1:30 – we had 2:30 so missed the storks landing at Kosybar, but a must is to have the spa then walk across to Kosybar for a relaxing view as the storks roost along the place walls.
Our Riad suggest the club sandwich for lunch - en route – at the hotel Les Jardins de la Koutoubia – which we didn’t have time for so did the following day. If you’ve had your fill of tagines then this is the place to go – great food and an nice pool to laze beside. Actually we loved Riad Meriem but if walking to the square doesn’t appeal then this place may be worth considering staying, if you like a premium European style hotel – but I’d highly recommend Riad Meriem and plan to go back there. If we do, I’d repeat the Les Bain de Marrakech too – whilst my guide books suggested hitting a traditional (public/local) hammam – I got my fix simply having street food in the square after a couple of margaritas in Kosybar and walking back along rue Riad Zitoun Kedim (up-cycle alley to you and me)
A perfect day: in summary – day 2 (following a day of lots of walking around the souks)
Arrive at hotel Les Jardins de la Koutoubia ca 11 after a troll throug hteh souks and watching the snake charmers in the square
Noon lunch at hotel Les Jardins de la Koutoubia – great club sandwich and cobb salads
Taxi from there to Bab Agnaou / Les Bains de Marrakech – maybe a stoll around the Kasbah (we have a coffee at a roof café opposite the mosque on the rue de la Kasbah and watched a few storks
Tonic spa treatment Les Bains de Marrakech
Leave and stroll to Kosybar – margaritas and stork watching
Amble up rue Riad Zitoun Kedim (up-cycle alley to you and me)
Street food at #1 to remove any guilt from the club sandwich / cobb salad earlier
HEAVEN.
PS – if you’ve buying real saffron (strands) don’t get taken to the nearest place and pay 100dh/gram – 40dh/gram will buy good stuff and 20dh/gram is the cheapest you’ll get.

Oxford
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went here last week for our one year anniversary based on the reviews on here. We had the formule day spa, which took a few hours. We had a really good time but a few things let it done for us. I emailed the company before asking if we need to undress at anytime during the spa they strongly said no. We started the treatments and before I knew she had ripped my costume down and was scrubbing me with another woman watching. Luckily I laughed it off as had an idea from reviews here that I would go topless but thought things would be explained before doing it. Then I needed to shower the clay off and again before I knew it she was rubbing me down very very quickly and at this point she had taken my bottoms off and rubbing my down everywhere!this I didn't like at all. We had an oriental bath which I recommend as it was pure luxury, it was very hot and at some points I had to sit on the edge of the bath but it was absolutely brilliant. The we would goth a room to wait for our next treatment which was nice . Our massage and facial was really good too, probably the best I've had. But the two massage therapists kept giggling and whispering to one another which made us feel uncomfortable. The tea and biscuits they bought round were lovely. The lady I had was called shama, she must have told us about thirty times. ( she was the the lady who gave us the shower) after our facial which was our last treatment, I asked if we could sit by the pool and have a look, I also said piscine aswell as swimming pool just so she understood us, she ignored us and took us to our changing rooms where before knew it we were outside. It is very rushed and it s like a maze in there but the decor is absolutely stunning, very relaxing bar the things I said I just wished we could of sat by the pool rather than being escorted out. We paid over £200for it too and it was a very special day,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Luxurious Afternoon”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I booked the "traditional one", hammam and massage. The atmosphere was fantastic, a true respite from the bustle of Marrakech. The staff were kind and the experience was so relaxing. Yes, you're moved around the bulding without too much explaining, but I found the rest periods between treatments added to my relaxation. It was worth every penny, the relaxing massage was one of the best I've ever had. Be prepared, if you do the hammam, you will be scrubbed thouroughly.

1 Thank Laura M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked into Les Bains de Marrakech having read all the positive reviews on here, we were not dissappointed. We bath booked The Traditional One and mentioned we were a couple. The decor of the place was beautiful, and after a short wait in reception, we were escorted to the dressing rooms. You do seem to be passed from person to person here, as the other reviews have said, but if you expect it, then it is fine.

We were then taken to an outside pool area and brought some lovely fruity drinks and left to bathe for a bit. Into our hammam it was very lovely, we were put in the same room and left to enjoy the experience for a while. Every now and again a women would come in to add to the treatment by adding oil, then a mud like substance, after, scrubbing it all off.

Having been left to rest for a bit more in a lovely cool room, we went for a Relaxing massage (same room again). It was so soothing. Even though the massge was a bit gentle for my liking, my girlfriend loved it.

Feeling fully pampered, we were lead to another room and served biscuits, water and tea. There was no hurry to leave, so we enjoyed the atmosphere for a while.

The only con I can think of is the lack of English-speaking staff, even at a basic level. So prepare your French! Other than that, it was such a lovely experience, and superb value for the money. We were in there for 3.5 hours, and paid around £45 each. Even though there are cheaper places, very few offer this great quality and atmosphere. My advice, go early, enjoy the pool before your treatment!

1 Thank Harrison H
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“What a luxurious experience!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I had 'the traditional one', which was a hammam and one hour massage. It was a sumptuous, relaxing environment and the staff were friendly and very accommodating! This was the best spa experience that we have ever had and we would highly recommend booking a visit if you are going to Marrakech!!

Visited May 2013