Amalay Hotel Marrakech
  • Breakfast included
Nassim Hotel(Marrakech)
Bab Hotel(Marrakech)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I didn't stay at this hotel but there is no entry for their restaurant which I ate at twice and was my favourite restaurant in Marrakech!

The do amazing orange juice (15dh) and lamb tagines (50-70dh). The best tasting, quality food I had in Marrakech.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa B
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for approximately a week and found it to be a very good value esp since I was able to use airline miles. I did, however have to pay a few dirham tax per day but it was minimal. The room was clean and the shower was hot and strong. I did not like the shower head being right in the middle of the bathtub but it was very doable. The tub itself was rather high to enter so persons with mobility issues may have a slight problem. They provided clean towels but u should bring ur own washcloth and shower shoes like I did. The open air tour bus stops outside and u can get to Marjan the huge supermarket by taking bus number 1 across the street from the hotel near the newspaper stand for only 3.5 dirham or roughly 30 something US cents. From the airport u can also take bus 19 for 40 dirham to the hotel. The bus driver knows the hotel and can point u in the right direction. Breakfast was good: freshly squeezed juice, a baguette, croisant and coffee with butter and apricot jam. It was filling but boring after a while. I did not like the coffee. It tasted bitter so I used the instant coffee I brought from home. The staff accommodated me with hot water. The maid also let me borrow an old fashioned and very heavy iron and I tipped 5 dirham daily. I walked back to the hotel once and only once from Djemma and would NOT recommend it. Oh what a perilous journey just to cross the street. I was surprised that it took about 40 to 45 minutes. I was terrified so I waited until I could cross with locals. Even then it was frightening as the walk is not straight forward with roundabouts and incomprehensible traffic (trucks, motorcycles, scooters, cars, taxis, even children on skateboards et cetera) coming from all directions it seemed. The tv worked with faulty reception at times and one English station. The area is very safe and I would stay again although we did switch to Hotel Central Palace in Djemma later prior to departure for ease of shopping. I found the staff OK and have no complaints. The female spoke English rather well and I was able to communicate in English and basic French. I liked the hotel but it is far from Djemma and walking to the square daily is not adviseable. It is better to take the bus and remember to hold on! My room had a nice window view and a small balcony...mind ur step though as there is an uneven surface.

Room Tip: Always get a window
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank starfirebhs
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Nice cheap hotel. Good shower and bath, really nice bedrooms and rooms have fully functional A/C and working TV with BBC news. Staff are friendly and the hotel feels very safe. Approx 3km from main square which you can work but if not these is a bus stop right outside the hotel which costs around 30p return! Buses very regular, safe and clean.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AbbieKate_11
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I stayed here at the beginning and end of my holiday, the woman on reception was quite unfriendly and unhelpful, the other staff were more helpful, but their English wasnt as good as in other hotels. The room was a descent size with a large bathroom. Everything worked well in it. The beds and pillows were comfortable. It was a little noisy as I chose a room with a balcony over the main road rather than a room over the back without the balcony. As with most hotels in this price range in Marrakech it was a little tired looking but quite clean. There was a small lobby area but I would have felt uncomfortable sitting in there. The breakfast is possibly the saddest breakfast that I have been served in a Moroccan hotel. You are given a small french stick and a pain au chocolate, a small butter, a cheese triangle and a small jam - they will not deviate from this as I asked the woman if I could swap my butter and jam for another cheese triangle instead but she would not. You also get served a pot of something that was supposed to be coffee.

They helpfully looked after a piece of my luggage for a week while I went to the desert and it was returned to me safely when I returned to the hotel.

It is a short walk from the bus and train station. There is a supermarket a few minutes away if you turn left out of the hotel. There are many cheap restaurants surrounding the hotel.

The most positive thing I can say about this hotel is that the location is good and the staff in the restaurant are excellent, very friendly and helpful and the beer is cheaper than anywhere else I have bought it in Marrakech.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank flossytrip
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I've just returned from a 4 night stay in Marrakech and found the hotel to be very pleasant! The reception staff we all very helpful and friendly! The rooms were blasic but clean and the maids cleaned the room and gave fresh towels everyday. The breakfast was a pain au chocolate and baguette with freshly squeezed oj! The lady serving breakfast was always very nice! We ate in the restuarant too and thought the food was great! I'd reccomend the moroccan soup! The tour bus stops right across the street from the hotel making it a perfect location for tourists! The train station is a 10 minute walk. We booked a tour to Ourika Valley through the hotel and a trip to Chez Ali (dinner & show) which were both great prices compared to other operators in the area. The driver of the tour was very nice and went that extra mile to ensure we had an amazing trip into the valley! It's a MUST SEE! I would stay here again, you can't beat it on value for money!

• Stayed: January 2011