“Delightful staff especially Abdellah”

Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Si Said
Ranked #186 of 1,167 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were booked into another Riad and not told we were to stay at Si Siad until we were there. Nevertheless a good stay but a little disconcerting start.Staff excellent in every way. If we have a criticism it is that food service was very slow and the menu was limited and did not vary sufficiently. When we ordered new items on the menu we were three time s told these were not available.Reception and other staff effective. helpful and very anxious to please, especially Abdellah . The weather was cold but we could not get the room temperature low enough!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Nagold
Reviewed November 20, 2012

lovely Riad located at a 10 minute walk from the soukhs. We loved the "African suite" with its space and comfort.
Very nice staff ( special thanks to Abdellah who was very attentive and helpful with any concerns we had and who helped us feeling safe during the first days to find our way back by providing a "baby phone" ).
The roomservive was aswell very attentive, everything was very clean and charming. We enjoyed dining in the patio a lot because of the atmosphere.
Overall an impressive stay for us and we will surely come back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A bad arrival when Angsana tried to book us into a different (and inferior) Riad without the twin beds we had booked but we persisted and got a charming suite (4) at Si Said, on the internal main courtyard with a double and a single bed. It had what would be a walk in wardrobe if they added a clothes cupboard to the shelves (at present it is in the vestibule to the bathroom) and with fridge and tea/coffee making equipment. The suite has a balcony onto the swimming pool courtyard and there was a sitting area with comfortable chairs. The bathroom (shower with mosaic shallow pool) was fine and I loved the toiletries with their exotic perfume.
The hotel has a roof garden with Jacuzzi and sunbeds. The decor, traditional plasterwork and mosaic tiles is exotic and delightful.
The staff were all very pleasant and the cheese samosas the best I have tasted, I got quite addicted!
The hotel arranged a walking tour of the city with an excellent guide, Hamsa, who gave us a real insight into the history.
The hotel is in the Medina (you have to walk a few minutes from the Taxi/car park) and about 15 minutes walk from the Djem el Fna via a warren of fascinating small shops at one of which, a handbag, belt and slipper maker. I bought a great handbag and he even altered the strap while I waited.
We were there for 3 days and I would have liked to stay a little longer, I was just beginning to find my way around.

Room Tip: I liked our room on the main courtyard which ( being November) was covered but I really didn't g...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I arrived at Riad Si Said after three days climbing Jebel Toukbal in the High Atlas Mountains. I was tired and aching. The welcome at Si Said was incredibly warm and my obvious aches were soothed by a hamman and massage suggested by the manager and undertaken at the neighbouring Riad which is also part of the Angsana Riads Collection. My massseuse was a Filipino who had trained at Banyan Tree and was superb.
Si Said was immaculately clean and beautifully designed with a plunge pool and sun loungers on the roof and a small swimming pool on the ground floor. The bedroon was well designed with efficient air-con, and the bathroom (reached via a small dressing area) had an open shower and brass hand-beaten basin.
Food was extremely good and the service was unremarkable but attentive.
Si Said is located about 5 minutes' walk from the main square and souks which can be reached by two roads. It would be hard to get lost given it's location and proximity to key landmarks. Local bars include Cafe Arab (great for an afternoon drink or dinner on the roof) and Kosybar which has a stunning view of the city from its terrace and serves tasty uncomplicated dishes. Cafe Arab and Kosybar are a 10 and 2 minute walk respectively - reasonable value too.
Si Said was reasonably priced and somewhere well worth staying if you are doing a long weekend visit to Marrakech. It's also only 1 hour from the Atlas mountain walks and far more attractive to stay at than the hideously expensive and underwhelming alternative nearer to Toukbal (namely Kasbah Toukbal whose management team have clearly never been taught the concept of customer service).
Full marks to Riad Si Said

Room Tip: Take a room on the first floor as the ground floor ones get foot traffic outside their front door ea...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Montholme1
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I got to here w/o bookings. They said the price for double started from €270,however eventually got down to 225.They showed me a couple of rooms and it looked like Arabesque,not too bad.
with bath-tub(only covered by cement)I found it a bit dirty and thought I could use it. patio was maintained well and felt fully exotic,but a bit stuffy and unpolished. cost-perfromance wise, I thought it didn't deserve to stay and felt unattractive.
As hotel staffer was nice and kind and attentive in details, I felt sorry for him not staying.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at Riad Si Said and it was really great!
If you are looking for a real origin spot in the middle of the medina this is the right place and the Riad Hosts are fantastic! I hope our next stay in Marrakech will be longer! Also in October it can be very sunny and warm enough to enjoy the city and surroundings.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We spent two nights/3 days in Marrakesh staying at the Angsana Si Siad - the riad was just as I imagined with a beautiful courtyard and roof terrace with lovely plunge pool (unheated but once you were in it it was fab considering the temperature of 30deg + !). They do have a pool too but we didn't have time to use it - although I was surprised that the kitchen overlooked it (although curtained off) The staff were extremely pleasant and courteous - reception waiting staff maids and security staff all friendly - although service was a little slow on Sunday breakfast due to numbers of guests who seemed to have to come from other Angsana riads to ours for breakfast and there appeared to be only 2 waiting staff on duty. Some areas of the riad seemed a little 'tired' but overall the building was charming. Food and drink a little pricey in the riad and you do have to budget for tips - best make sure of a ready supply of 20dirham notes so that you don't have to rush off to get change suddenly as we had to ....we did not book any excursions but easily found our own way around the souk/Sadiaans Tombs/Badia palace/Le Jardin Marjorelle - either walking taxi or horse and carriage - but be prepared to haggle - everyone seemed very good natured and this was not a problem to manage - we would love to visit again and are planning to return with friends very soon.
Caroline Ohlson
ps The hamman just round the corner was a fantastic experience and well worth the 27dirhams!

Room Tip: Limited rooms (only 7 I think...?) so not sure I can help with room choice!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple