As soon as our taxi stopped, Mohamed was waiting with a big smile to take our bags and lead me, my wife, and teenage daughter through the back streets in the Medina. The place is located about a 3 minute walk from the entrance of the Medina and about 2 minutes from restaurants, pharmacies, grocers, and other shops. Walk another 2 minutes and you're in Jemma El Fna - the heart of the medina. Rooms are large and quiet. The terrace is large and has many places to sit and relax. Mohamed serves breakfast on the terrace. The pool is kept very clean, and by Moroccan standards, it was large enough to cool us off in the hot afternoons. Our host, Olive was great. Friendly, funny, and helpful. We had some problems with our Visa card clearing in many areas of Morocco, including the Chouia Chouia. Olive trusted us to pay when we got back to the states. I left my sunglasses at the riad and Olive emailed me for my address to send them to. I thanked him and told him to keep them, since I bought them in Italy for 5 Euro.
I strongly recommend this place for its location, the price for what you get, and just the overall great treatment we received from our hosts. Great for honeymooners, families with kids, seniors, and young travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quartier El Ksour is an area full of secret palaces. Riad Chouia Chouia is an exceptional house. Cool off in the swimming pool which is situated in the courtyard patio. Within 2 minutes from Jemmaa el fna square. Price range: 35 to 100 euros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Riad Chouia Chouia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Chouia Chouia Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Chouia Marrakech
- Riad Chouia Hotel Marrakech