“JUST PERFECTION”

Ranked #28 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Durham, United Kingdom
“JUST PERFECTION”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Firstly in order of importance.
The staff Mohammed and Fatima were exceptional,looking after everything you needed.
After we left and were just about to go through to departures at the airport, Mohammed caught up with us with my wife's bag of jewellery that we hadn't realised that we had left in the room.THANK YOU MOHAMMED I don't think many people would have jumped in a taxi and done that. MUCH APPRECIATED.
You were made to feel at home from when you arrived to when you left.
Secondly
The Riad was beautiful in traditional moorish original decor. We were in room 6 that had a private patio area overlooking the beautiful courtyard .The Riad was a haven from the City and was surprisingly calm, cool and very quiet.There is a roof top terrace that you can get your breakfast on and sunbath while watching the Stalks close to you on there nests on the old palace walls.The breakfasts were very good fresh local fruits and breads and crepes and the service impeccable and friendly.
If you are planning to go to Marrakech this is the place to stay.
JUST PERFECT

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dash7162
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
I'm not surprise dear Guest that our staff immediately rich you at the airport to bring what you forgot,that it's possible with small Guests houses where everybody consider as a family,for sure the more titled Hotels will never does,or at list ask you to pay for a very expensive courier.
Fortunately even me I'm not present,our staff can manage the guests relations and give the necessary assistance and care.
Thanks for confirming my re-marques

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My partner and I decided to travel to Marrakech and wanted to make sure our stay was comfortable and central; the Riad Maison Arabo Andalouse was both. GPaolo and his staff were very accommodating and helpful. We spent time during our morning breakfast and evening tea chatting with GPaolo, a very kind host. When we entered our room, the traditional Moorish construction with an awesome brick pattern and arched ceilings took us back 100's of years, but the comfortable bathroom and shower gave us the comforts of home.

We were only a 5minute walk to the exciting Central Market and the Cultural Center. The neighborhood was a mosaic of vendors, artisans, local craftsmen and spice dealers, offering you the opportunity to pick up a gift or two.

We recommend eating in the Central Market and explore some of the great grills, for traditional Moroccan foods.
Enjoy - we did.

Room Tip: The rooms are great and the Riad is located on a very quiet street
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Now for me become like a permanent historical, architectural course because the guests are much more prepared than myself concerning the history of joint Badii Palace. At breakfast time,on our big terrace looking directly the ruins, or at tea time on one of the saloons or at plunge-pool side, we shearing different impressions about our House or the fascinating Medina. Thanks for making another step together.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband, sister, and I can't say enough nice things about our stay at Maison Arabo Andalouse. Our room, with a separate salon, was the perfect set-up for our family. We loved the decor of the whole Riad! The art work was especially interesting and warm. What's not to like about a delicious breakfast on a rooftop overlooking the city with a view of the snow-covered Atlas! It was a wonderful way to start the day. However, a perfect place, without the warmth and care of Paolo and his staff, would not be the memorable stay we experienced. I have never found warmer, more helpful people in all our travels! Bravo!!!

Room Tip: Just look at the rooms on line to see what appeals to you - there is no bad room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
If i think just few weeks ago the two charms ladies occupied the same Suit, writing it was uncorrectable the separate bed on the saloon and all the rest badly and not trough comment,here it's the reply,not from the staff or myself but from a Host.Same negativeits comment for the breakfast FAIRLY BASIC!!!! from another couple that probably live on a Castle but travelling only if big promotions are applied for after move critics.
Thanks dear host to indirectly reply to such INCORRECT HOSTS.
We need positive people like your extraordinary family. GRAZIE
Chilmark, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I LOVED Maison Arabo Andalouse! It was my first time in Morocco and I was traveling with my sister and brother-in-law. From the arranged pick-up at the airport to meeting our taxi to navigating the narrow, maze like roads to the Riad, it was perfect! Paolo and his staff were wonderful. I am smiling thinking about them. You cannot find a more personable, friendly, helpful group of people. Paola, Mohammed and Fatima were always there, early in the morning or late at night with smiles and attending to any of our needs. We stayed in numerous places in Morocco and none compared to the staff at Maison Arabo Andalouse. The rooms were beautifully appointed, ours with our own patio. Breakfasts were served on the upper terrace and the food and views are great! I cannot recommend this enough! Morocco is magical! I adored Marrakech and Maison Arabo Andalouse!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Before to speak with this hosts it's smile and enthusiastic appreciation of our Riad make her stay with us a great experience,
We have the same treatment for all the guests,of course the persons more curious to discover the differences give us furthers stimulations on let them try difference dishes and local products called (Beldi)
Thanks, dear host, your positive energy give me the force to continue to receive the guests in our Riad that become more more hard
Melbourne
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I were first time travellers to Marrakesh and we had heard stories of the chaotic streets, vibrant markets, etc. We speak little French and no Arabic so I was relying on the hotel to help with some day trips and suggestions/ validation on our plans. We could not have been happier with the Maison Arabo Andalouse and Paolo's help throughout our stay.

The Riad (Moroccan term for an large old house that has been converted into a 5-6 bedroom hotel) was perfect. Clean, wonderful old rooms with character, a roof-top garden where we had breakfast served to us every morning and a lovely courtyard with a central water feature and large banana trees.

After a day spent exploring the souks (markets), having some lunch on the roof top terrace of a cafe on Jeema El Fna (Marrakesh's central square) and wrestling with the 1001 motor bikes, horses and cars that seem to be travelling in all directions at once... coming back to the Arabo Andalouse was like entering an oasis. It was quiet, friendly and understated, which I love. It was everything we were hoping for.

Located minutes walk from everything you want to see in the central part of Marrakesh. Paolo (the Italian born owner of the Riad) was amazing and very helpful with suggestions of what to see, when, where to eat, where to buy, etc, etc. There are 3 staff in the Riad... all very attentive and lovely to deal with.

No doubt, Marrakesh is as chaotic a place as I have ever visited... but soooo interesting and rich. Paolo made this experience better by personally seeing to every detail of the trip. From having someone to pick us up at the airport, to organising a day trip to the foothills of the Atlas mountains, to the glass of mint tea and seasonal fruits served when you arrive... he was of invaluable help to us and we would not have seen half the things we did had he not been there to suggest half of it and arrange ALL of it.

You can tell the owner of this hotel is personally involved and invested in your stay.

When I return to Marrakesh I know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark_Brear
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Not yet back to your Australia and immediately your long positive enthusiastic review,what to say,I've done what I do with everybody,of course you your wife and others friends you were more curious and interested of the live the history and also the origin of our "House''.
This it's also a reply at the understated reviews recently received for others not so fear hosts!!!!! Grazie, you give me more confidence to continue my job to welcome hosts,I hope you will be back and wrestling with Marrakesh chaotic city.
Zoersel, Antwerpen, Belgium
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Riad Arabo Andalouse is a little paradise on its own. Palmtrees cross storks while the sun is divided into hundred golden stripes. Paulo gives you the most warm welcome anybody needs. Not only the Riad's owner but also the staff (Mohammed, Fatima, etc.) give you the familiar feeling which sometimes helps to escape from the busy Marrakech that lays outside the riad.
The rich breakfast was a perfect beginning for a new day, and a dinner in Arabo Andalouse is also very recommendable: you get little bites of every well-known dish of Morocco. Also, Paulo will give you information, guidance and tips for the trips you plan to do. This was the best experience we had during our one week stay: Paulo will help you with everything you ask him for: from a daytrip into the Atlasmountans to the best restaurant in town.
So: ask (politely!) and you will receive (the best Paulo can give you).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sofie D
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
This unexpected review make me particularly satisfied because it's coming from a very young host and I think it's very sincere without excesses;
Particularly pleasant was the weather,to give the chance to dispose of the big terrace for the breakfasts,except for one diner that they enjoy in one saloon on the ground floor.
Thanks dear young host even if in your private terrace and romantic Junior-Suite you don't have any media,you enjoy reading and relaxing,my duty it's you had positive experience meeting different culture and live-style.
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A very nice experience ! Paolo and his staff provide for a warm welcome, a delicious breakfast and help you with tips and negotiating good prices for trips in the mountains or to the sea.
The rooms have an authentic feel and are clean. A real gem. Excellent and indeed very recommendable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
The kind host as replayed to the previous others guests witch accused us of poor breakfast choice,I don't want to comment even for others attentions we reserve to ours guests,sincerely complete and detailed answer new hosts will read soon at list I hope.
I try to improve every day our level,it's seams we obtain results as for this friend review;
Many many thanks