“Say hi To Mohammed for us, and Fatima and her sister”

Maison Arabo Andalouse
Ranked #29 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed October 6, 2012

A beautiful Riad with an outstanding roof patio where you can watch the storks come home from dinner. Ask for Tajin: "made for Prince", and Mohammed will make it happen. Tell him Sandokan sent you.

Our family trip to Marrakech would just not have been the same without the beautiful staff of the Riad. Paolo, whom we never met but through email, was also a gracious host. Hands down recommend this place.

Please do tell Mohammed Sandokan says hi...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank fzalles
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

I am GPaolo the gracious host who speak this kindly guest,now I know the Sandokan history helping the guest kids to have same activity at the Riad.
Witch pleasure to correspond with the guests about the personification of own visit,try to share my one experience.
After my contribution don't need my presence,staff help them to discover our delicious cuisine ours corner on one of three terraces, where to listen the storks territory mark or simply read a book.
Those are the really pleasure.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The approach to the Riad is not the most inspiring but step through the impressive doorway and into the cool interior of the Maison's courtyard and you enter an oasis of peace and calm. Mohammed, Fatima and Zara welcome you with tea and pastries beside the courtyard pool before you are shown to your rooms to relax and refresh from the heat of the journey.

We were two couples and stayed in the palatial Suite (#1) and the Terrace room (#8). Neither disappoints. Mohammad's attentiveness to his guests is immaculate. Nothing is too much trouble and everything can be arranged. Advice on how to bargain in the Souks, where to eat and have a glass of wine in the Medina area of the city, a warning not to accompany kindly strangers to the Tanneries or the Berber market (both located in unsavoury districts and not for the unwary visitor)....

For our 4 day stay Mohammad arranged for chilled wine and beer to be available on our return from a hard day's haggling. A day trip to Essaouira with an English speaking driver and finally - to cap it all - Zara's unbelievably delicious lemon chicken tagine served on the Riad's roof terrace under a starlit Moroccan sky - definitely the culinary highlight of the stay.

It's fair to say that without the help and courtesy of the Maison Arabo-Andalouse, this would not have been the delightful stay that it was. Highly recommended for couples.

Dining close by ? Kozy Bar in Place Ferblantiers - get there in time for a sundowner !

Room Tip: Room 8 - the bedroom is small but the ante chamber with the drapes (pictured) and the private terrac...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rundle8
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

I remember the discussion I had with this gentlemen due my fault on confirming price,we arranged everything via mail,in state to be disappointed with me he as appreciate more than others guests.
Also,without me, the Moroccan staff like to take care of the guests, like, when they received relatives or friends at private home.
I am so happy for that because guests prefer the inland relations,feel more relaxed.
Just perfect.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We can I start?? I had a lovely stay in this riad I felt so at home. The owner Pablo was away but we had a lovely welcoming by Mohamed, Zara and Fatima. When we first arrived we were greet with a lovely morrocan tea and cookies and then Mohamed show us a lovely clean room. Breakfast was lovely they have fresh breads fruit, orange juice and Moroccan tea. I can not thank mohamed enough for what he done for us, he showed us the way to souk, hammam bath and a lovely resturant called arthur. He really went out to give the best service and I will never forget that. I have stayed in big hotel like tichka hotel in gueliz and riad mogador in agadir but they don't come close to the homely feeling this riad has it is really home far away from home. Fosia

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank CiCi_25
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

I 'm very happy when the guests are satisfies of our staff home made treatment.In Marrakesh now there is a big competition and it's only the human relations make the difference. I'm always present,even not personally that it's very important for the guests and also for the staff. From my side I will do my best to increase the specials relations with guests and staff.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I just want to echo all the positive comments. My family and I had a wonderful time visiting Marrakech and staying at this riad-we were made to feel very welcome. Paulo and his team were very helpful and as first time visitors to Morocco made sure we had an enjoyable time.

As my two daughters say "Every hotel should have a Paulo". Many thanks once again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

I've just offered at the two sisters the possibility for a clean and running water on our plunge-pool and also i tried to be every day renovator on the foods.
Of course i like when,also, young people feel home i think it's the way to get more success
Thanks at this beautifully family..

Reviewed August 29, 2012

if you wanna feel at home in the heart of marrakech, this is the place to be!
Paolo and Kader are just like older brothers giving you all the advice and warmth you need!
the riad is gorgeous and magic, rooms are cosy and super clean, the terrace is the best spot to look at the moon and the stars, and the courtyard the best place where to rest and relax in total silence and warm atmosphere.
can't wait to go back!
david (from Milan)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

This kind guest want to embarrass me first for the precious and enthusiastic review,it's pity i couldn't stay long time, when he come back was welcome by our staff,it seams,he had no problems,with them to..
My friend thanks for the appreciate consideration but my duty it's to do more and more better to feel everybody more than home.
Ciao,Grazie

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was my first trip to Africa When I first arrived to this creepy ally I couldn´t believe I was going to stay at a place like that, MAA (Maison-Arabo-Andalouse) is located at the very neuralgic center of real Marrakesh, it´s surrounding are full of people, donkeys, donkey´s stool, spice´s smell, and hundred of motorcycles (that mught bo stressfull). Once you cross the MAA threshold you enter to a beautiful place that takes you back to times of Marrakesh splendor. Something you should know is that a Riad is a specific typical structure previously owned by wealthy people that are nowadays used as small hotels. It is different from modern hotels. So if you are looking for a modern hotels with gyms, spas, tennis courses, this is not the place for you. My room was comfy, clean, and the air condditioning was perfectly working (which is important in Marrakesh). The place is nothing special without Gianpaolo (The Owner) a nice italian guy who really cares about people steaying at his Riad, he treats guest like family, he works hard to make your time there enjoyable. Gianpaolo was very diligent, helpful and caring, he gave me tips about the city, safety and tours. The staff, even though I don´t speak arab or french, they where very very nice to me, always smiling, thank you Mohammedand the rest of the staff. The place is not really fancy - luxourious kinda of place it´s just a perfect place to stay in the Medina, the walled city of Marrakesh. It is at a walk distance from Djemaa-EL-Fna; the main sqare where everything happens.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

How can I say? I simply did what I do for my family with more accent if the guests are interested of all new experiences on tasting different experimental and traditional dishes on our restaurant, or more fantastic when I propose poor local fruits or vegetable and they like. You come from far away country, your open mind let you appreciate a new world,we are there to help ours FRIENDS,to appreciate.
Thanks

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 4 nights during easter and it was nothing but fantastic. The rooms were big, clean and beautifully decorated. The staff were friendly and super helpful also the owner was so eager to help with booking trips and excursions. Its located in a small alley about 5-10 min walk away from the big souk and all the good cafes and restaurants. To keep it short and honest: go here if you want a calm and romantic weekend in one of the most amazing cities in the world!

• Stayed: April 2012
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

I would like to do more for those romantic couples,for example create on our big terrace special coins for them, where they can see the stars and listening the song of the nature.
The time spender with us must be pure relax,the routine engagement of current live must be at our charge, that it's the escape in Marrakesh on our Riad.
Thanks for recognize ours efforts.