Maison Arabo Andalouse
$181
$171
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$257
$161
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

Riad 72(Marrakech)
$152
$148
Travelocity
$1,056
$1,018
All reviewsroof terracepalace ruinsstorks nestingevery morninglocal pricesday tripbanana treesthe main squarehis teamauthentic riadmemorable staythe entire staffbeautiful riadjemaa el fna squarethe perfect hostmint teahome from home
Reviewed July 11, 2012

When I decided to go to Marrakesh I knew I wanted to stay in the medina, but not in the more manic areas around the Square. I wanted to stay where I would get to meet people where they lived and worked, and get a feel for the real Marrakesh. The area this riad is in is perfect for that, with its spice shops (the whole area smells beautiful), bakeries, shops and stalls. Situated down a few long narrow alleys (though I never felt unsafe), right next to the Palais El Badi with its nesting storks (which, by the way, sound just like Triffids!), this riad is just perfect! It's an old merchant's house, with a beautiful central courtyard with a palm tree rustling in the breeze, a roof terrace with a view of the city, amazing bedrooms and bathrooms, it's a joy to be in. But what makes this riad so special is the people who run it. Mohamed is an absolute gentleman, nothing was too much trouble for him, he showed me around the neighbourhood and took me to the best shops in the area for buying spices and argon oil (essential purchases) at local prices, full of information, and always waiting with a smile when I got back at night, which is nice in itself, but especially nice to know, as a single female traveller, that someone is looking out for you! Zahra does the cooking, which is gorgeous, and Fatima also looks after you. A nicer, friendlier group of people you couldn't meet! I cannot recommend this riad highly enough, and hope to go back there soon myself!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BrendaMalone
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

The staff was so enthusiastic about this charms lady,when ,at usually i contact them.
Now after the sincere review,I understand better,nothing new for me because I've educate everybody to feel like at home and to give this sensation at all ours guests.
I am double happy because will happen even I am not at the Riad.
Thanks to all of you.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was our first trip to Marrakech and we stayed at the Maison Arabo-Andalouse. This Riad is in the old town within the Medina City Wall and close to the Saadian Tombs, El Badi Palace and Palais El Bahia. My wife and I stayed there for 7 nights and were made to feel welcomed, at ease and at home on our arrival. Mohamed was there to meet us as arranged at the Taxi drop off point so there was none of this guess work of “which way now”.
We wanted to sample the authenticity of a traditional Moroccan house and the day to day life in the heart of Marrakech - for a first time experience we could not have asked for more. There is really nothing to say or to add about the Riad that has not been said or written before (positive or negative), for us and as far as this Riad is concerned the positives far outweighs the negatives – and rightly so.
In all honesty we cannot compare this Riad to any other Riad as we've had no other Riad experience to make any comparisons against. That said, after a hot day walking around Marrakech it always felt like we were going home and it felt homely once we entered the Riad. It felt calm and it was, it's cool, it felt familiar and it felt secure and it was. Each time we entered the Riad we were always greeted by someone, normally Mohamed who would always inquire about our day and if not Mohamed then either Fatima or Zara. We did not find the language much of a problem as we got by on our limited command of French, a pocket translator and Mohamed understanding of English – which was much, much better than our French. People who go abroad and complain about the language being a problem or an issue should perhaps view themselves as the problem or the issue and learn how to tolerate and acquire a little patience and understanding.
We asked Mohamed about the history of the Riad so we got a guided tour of the place (all the other room were vacant on that day). The overall impression and expression (if one takes time to reflect) is that the place has been lovingly put together and restored with a lot of the original fixtures being retained, where repairs have been carried out every effort is made (where possible) to carry out the repair using traditional methods. This brief guided tour gave us a different perspective of the place and we could sense how much the Riad means to all who work there especially Mohamed who has got down and dirty when it came to restoration work. One gets a sense of the care and effort he's put into the Riad and is still putting in while looking after all our whim as tourists. To that end I can't praise the Riad highly enough and even more praise must be bestowed on Mohamed, Zara and Fatima and I'll take this opportunity just to say thank you (Shukran) very much for a memorable stay and for looking after my wife and I so very well.At this point I must also say thanks to Paolo with whom we communicated and who made the arrangements with the Riad prior to our departure to Marrakech.
This is a reflective and singular opinion and not based on comparison with any other Riad - so for us the Maison Arabo-Andalouse Riad gets top marks.
Marrakech itself will have to be experienced as it will mean a hundred things to a hundred different people, again it's down to experience and again there's nothing I can say or write that's not already been said or written about Marrakech. But from our own limited perception we found Marrakech to be a place of contrasting emotions, feelings and contradictions and, all the varying degrees of emotions, feelings and contradictions. That said it's a magical place and you simply have to experience it for yourself – it's a must, as experiencing is far better than any description or opinion from me or anyone else.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheLucian
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Thank you dear Host,your comments give us the stimulation to create a little Oasis of peace after people back from the hustle/bustle Marrakesh,
Thanks for all the staff who consider not only a job but part of Moroccan culture.
Hoping to get always the support of the Hosts and the Staff to do better and better.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed at the riad for 4 nights and we really loved it. Mohammed who was working there was very helpful and he even walked us to sites when we asked him about them. He was so helpful and kind. The rooms are great and quiet. Totally recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Mohamed it's very helpful land like the guests feel like at home,for that reason I prefer him take care because much more patient, even,me, i like to have and share Marrakesh impressions
with my guests

Reviewed April 8, 2012

This nice Riad is wonderfully placed in the Medina, between Saadian tombs and Bahia Palace, and it is at 8 minute walk from Jamaa el Fnaa place.
I stayed here 6 days with my wife and my two sons (8 and 12), and I received warmth and competence from all the personnel of the Riad.
Mohammed accompanyed us the first day to the place, and organized a wondeful trip to the valleys of Imil and Ourica (recommeded if you stay more than two days).
We also had a great traditional Morocco dinner in the Riad, in the silent and charming central hall, recommended after a day past in the noizse and haste of the souks.
Do not miss to get a little rest for your mind on the top roof terrace, while hearing the Muezzins calling for pryers.

Francesco from Italy

Room Tip: Suite 2 is perfect for a family with two sons
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Francesco F
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

I appreciate this review because show me and the staff that more and more we become a seriously help for family with kids.
My only worry it's the patio garden with the plunge-pool that it's almost impossible to keep 100% clean for the hundred of birds visiting or flying up with the consequences.
I will double the time we clean,of course without any restriction for the birds
Thank for your cooperation.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Absolutely agree with the other good reviews, the raid is well placed for all the sites, even with a buggy it's only a ten minute walk to the square and less to the tombs and palace.

The raid itself is very peaceful and beautifully decorated. I travelled with my 1 year old and 70 year old dad, we stayed in the ground floor room which suited our needs perfectly. It was really spacious so my son could play while I got ready. There was also some chairs and tables outside so we could sit and relax in the evening while my son slept. ditto his lunch time nap - in fact our baby monitor stretched as far as the roof terrace and restaurant area, with a lock on the raid door and on our room I felt very secure with my son.

The court yard garden was also a safe and fun environment for him to play in - added to this every single member of staff took time to play with him which took the pressure off me.

On that note I have to comment on the service. I travel for work and with a baby in tow was extremely demanding of them, changing times for things, asking for baby food, car seat etc, Mohammad & his team had the patience of saints, finding solutions to anything I needed. To my mind the service is the best I have ever come across. He also arranged trips and taxi 's for us - all in all making it one of the most relaxing trips with my son ever.

Zara and Fatima's food was excellent - again both my dad and son were spoilt. It's been hard work getting my son back to porridge after the breakfast there!

If you're travelling with a family I can't recommend this rind highly enough.

Room Tip: If you have access issues - trouble with steps, buggies etc the ground floor room is great. Also good if you want to be able to sit out at night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hnnnnnnn
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

The baby care was the last discovery from my Staff ;they like that and watching nothing happened on patio garden or across plunge pool i think that i have to increase this category of Guest and sure they will not disturb the remainder of other Hosts and thank's lot for your nice comment.