“A nice experience in the Medina!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Vedra

Dar Vedra
Ranked #80 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“A nice experience in the Medina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed one night in this Riad with my boyfriend. The new owner changed the patio and the terace. We really enjoyed having breakfast in the new colorful terace! It made us remember "Le Jardin de Majorelle" which we falled in love with. Otherwise the patio has now much more space than in the previous pictures posted. It is more simple but still charming. Beeing in the Médina was also a good point. We were only 10 minutes from all the Souks and the main square!
Every room is different and has his own charm. Despite the sound of the prayer coming from the mosque just next to the Riad, we enjoyed a deep and good sleep!
If you are going to Marrakech you should at least visit the place to see by yourself it's worth it!

Room Tip: Every room has his own charm, we haven't been disapointed by the owner's choice of a room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paty-Frei
Stephane54, Propriétaire at Dar Vedra, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Miss,
Thank you so much for the nice review you have posted for Dar Vedra on Tripadvisor. A few months have gone now since you stayed in Dar Vedra and many things have changed inbetween. I therefore hope that you will give me another opportunity to welcome you and your boyfriend in my house to enjoy what I believe are real improvements we made for the confort and happiness of our guests.
In the meantime I wish you all the best.
Stephane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Aquitaine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

As this Riad was renovated by its French owners, it had a totally different feel from the Merinid style of more traditional Riads, and this is no bad thing!
Its decor is plainer, making rooms lighter and brighter, albeit with beautiful Moroccan artefacts carefully placed. It had the most comfortable bed I slept in in Morocco, and the shower had the most power and the hottest water which made a great change!
Breakfasts, with freshly made pancakes, were taken on the stylish roof terrace, and we had a very good lunch, albeit too substantial, after a morning spent with a superb guide.
It is a straightforward 10 minute walk from the main square, and therefore from the major gems of the Medina.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AquitaineHirondelle
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our family (2 adults and twins of 9) recently stayed in this Riad for 3 nights. We arrived VERY late at night and was welcomed with warm smiles and a "midnight feast" of mint tea, homemade biscuits and fresh fruit. The riad is extremely well located in the heart of the medina and walking distance from most places of interests. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and Jamila's breakfasts and dinners were scrumptious to say the least! Due to high occupancy, we had to stay in two rooms; one on the ground floor and the other on the 1st floor. Two completely different rooms, but both beautiful, clean and spacious. The swimming pool is a real plus when one has children and the roof garden is a tranquil place with beautiful views. Thanks Dar Vedra - we had a memorable stay and cannot wait to come back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful. It is easier to stay on the ground floor if one has heavy suitcases, s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A very warm welcome by the assistant manager (a lovely, friendly young lady) who provided some mint tea while filling in the check-in forms. Room were kinda narrow (as in the photos), but spacious, clean and lovely. Breakfast were freshly made and plentiful - to make you ready for exploring Marrakesh ! The location is a small alley inside the Medina, but not far from the nearest parking (no car access directly to the riad,as most of the Medina is not accessible to cars). Nice rooftop terrace. Do note however: The riad is close to a mosque, so the the calling for prayer will wake you up at night (4am or so)!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed in Riad Dar Vedra twice: September 2010 with my boyfriend at that time and October 2012 with 3 friends. The riad itself is a really fine combination of Maroccan authenticity and Frech design. The owners have put a lot of effort in creating a perfect atmosphere. The rooms are comfortable, very clean and beautifull decorated. The owners and staff are very helpfull and kind. They welcome you with traditional tea and cookies, tell you everything about the riad and the city and will organise trips for you if you want to. Both times I really felt at home. When we arrived at Dar Vedra the first time, me and my boyfriend were sick. We had already been travelling for a few weeks and Dar Vedra was the perfect place to get better and to take some rest. The staff did everything to help us get better. They cooked a special meal, called for a docter and got medecins for us. They really took good care of us. Lucky for me I wasn't sick the second time I arrived at Dar Vedra, so I could enjoy the riad and Marrakech in the best possible way. When I think of Dar Vedra I want to go back. I would recommend this riad it to anybody!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

There are plenty of Riads in Marrakech. I always change to see different parts of the city.
The reason why I loved Dar Vedra is that on top of being well located and really beautiful, you feel welcomed. The team is fantastic, the food delicious and they're always ready to make your trip unique. Whether it's for tips on what to do and where to go or just service while you rest on the rooftop, they have been amazing. And the rooms... pure delight.
I now know where I'll be staying when going to Marrakech :-)

Room Tip: I had a very luminous one as it was on the 1st floor overlooking the pool and the inner courtyard. G...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank XavierLeclerc
Banbury, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have just returned from a wonderful few days staying at Dar Vedra. My husband organised a surprise trip for my birthday celebrations with 11 friends and we had a great time! Sebastien and his staff were superb, always there and very helpful when asked but not intrusive. We were taken to our restaurant on the first night otherwise we would surely have got very lost, they made good recommendations and we had a delicious meal one night with a lovely birthday cake and a pretty pair of earrings for a gift too. The riad is in a good position for the souks, the main square and the Majorelle Gardens. The only downside for some of us was the proximity to the mosque but no complaints as that is part of the culture and the city and some earplugs would have sorted that. We loved it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends