“Nice, quiet, centric & comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

You added L'Heure d'Ete to your Saves list
L'Heure d'Ete
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   96, sidi Bouloukat, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #115 of 490 Hotels in Marrakech
“Nice, quiet, centric & comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Two fantastic nights at this excellent place three minutes away walking to Djemma el Fna.
Centric, nice, clean, quiet, comfortable, with friendly & helpful staff (specially Hammou)... nothing else needed...

Room Tip: Fantastic suite just for a little more price.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Excellent location and amazing staff!!! My boyfriend and I stayed in this riad after coming from a 3 day trip from the desert, we were exhausted and the staff was great at making us relax and feel comfortable. Smiles and mint tea when you arrive, what else do you need?! You're 3 min away walking to Djemma el Fna! I had to use a computer urgently to get some stuff done for work, this was all unexpected and they let me use theirs for as long as I needed to. It was late at night and I was working in the reception from their computer and when I went back to my room I accidentally left my purse in the reception. The next morning they told me they had kept it in a safe place for me... This was just the nicest staff ever! Especially Hamou, he was great and took care of all our requests :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've been to Marrakech many times and I can highly recommend this Riad as the best I've been so far...Centrally located (2 mins from Jemaa el Fna), rooms are really nice and the staff is adorable...try also the hammam and the relaxing massage! We felt like at home! Matt and Donn

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mattia Z
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at L'heure d'ete after and couple of day at a Riad outside Marrakesh.
We wanted to take a two day tour culminating in a night stay in the desert at a Berber camp just to get the flavour of Morrocco. After a few emails the team at L'heure d'ete arranged a tour for us and we were picked up at dawn from the first Riad to start our adventure. Our guide Salim turned our to be a from a nomadic tribe, and actually specialised in longer trips into the Real dessert and showed people how to live there. He spoke good English and we were privileged to have him. We travelled miles in a comfortable
MPV taking in the ever changing landscape including spectacular mountains and valleys. Stopping off for Moroccan breakfast, lunch and places/ towns of interest. After many miles driving along the beautiful Draa Valley where all
the dates grow- 42 varieties of
dates ! It was palm tree heaven.
We rode into the dessert by camel and got to our camp as the sunset. I highly recommend
Asking them to help out with arrangements if its your first time.
After our little adventure Salim and the driver returned us to L'heure d'ete where we found them very friendly and hospitable. Lovely breakfasts on the terrace and they organised
Girls to come a do Hammam body treatments at the Riad which were fantastic. As its a 2 min walk to the main Square it also was great for getting about
Central Marrakesh.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank yiannikaris
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just came back from a quick stop in Marrakech. Only stayed one night in this Riad, but wanted to write a little review as they were so nice. The location is perfect - right in the centre, but the Riad itself is in a very quiet street.
The interior is really nice - rooms lovely, everything spotless. They have a lovely roof terrace where they serve food or you can relax and take sun.
I had to take an early transfer to the airport at 6:30am, and one of the staff called 'Hammou' was up early and made me a wonderful breakfast up on the roof terrace. Really kind of him, and yes, this is the kind of customer service that makes a real difference and makes people come back.
Also, must mention that another staff member called 'Tawfiq' was incredibly helpful, kind and welcoming - making sure we had plenty of delicious green olives with our cold beers!
Can't fault the price - great value - lovely hotel - exceptional customer service.
Thanks to you all for a great - if not short - stay in Marrakech!

Room Tip: There are a few rooms on the ground floor - I didn't stay here, but I'd be tempted to ask fo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BossHog74
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

L'Heure d'Ete is a lovely quiet Riad approximately 2 minutes walk from Jemaa El Fna (the main square). The Riad was immaculately clean throughout, comfortable bed, good shower with piping hot water, nice breakfast and extra tea/coffee if we asked for more without charge. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Had we not planned what we wanted to do they would have helped to provide us with an itinerary.

To get to the hotel you turn down an alley off one of the main streets leading to Jemaa El Fna. I've read other reviews that said that it was hard to find but we didn't find it difficult at all. The hotel felt very safe and there was a safe in the room to store any valuables with no extra charge.

We didn't use the spa facility, it's not a massive part of the Riad but looked clean and tidy. The jacuzzi was being refurbished when we were there but we were not that bothered as it was a bit cold in February and we were more interested in going out to see the city.

We drove into Marrakesh which is a bit mental, but if you just go with the flow and are not a nervous driver you'll survive. We got a bit lost and had a bit of help with directions from a local, though we did have to pay for the privilege! We found parking near by the hotel (about 5 minutes walk) but had to haggle for a good price to leave the car for a few days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beth C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

After an enjoyable stay 3 years ago, I returned to Riad L'heure d'ete again for our 7 nights stay in Marrakech. The staff is friendly, always willing to help and the riad is located very close to the main square and taxi stand etc. I was happy with my last stay there, but still I have noticed a lot of improvment overall this time around, especially with the service and cleanliness. There is a beautiful terrace for relaxation and the riad is definitely value for money. I would stay there again no doubt and would also recommend it. The only thing I would mention is that the replies to my emails whilst booking were a little slow, but that wasn't much of a problem as I always did get a reply.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family